Ultimate Rush!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ultimate Rush!

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Vhero wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Just wait a while and we'll get the "I got a blow job from the missus during the game" bullshit from a few weeks back ...

missus just suggested we open bottle of bubbly! I like where this is going!

Hahahaha your gonna watch the match again??

PMSL, that's the best I've ever seen................from you!

Dunno whether to be happy or insulted so I will take that one thankyou ta!

I'm still chuckling at that :)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 01, 2010 11:55 pm

I wouldnt say the ultimate rush but pretty damned good. I think today went fairly well to plan and it was really good to see them basically come out and play. Not silly gungho attack or whatever but certainly a team that came out looking to win from the off and not just playing cautiously and let's see what happens.

Having said that that approach is also what Villa like from the opposition. We had reasonable control of the game for the first period and then up Villa come and take the lead. A poor goal from a defensive point of view to remind us how we can get it wrong. But the team didnt seem phased and carried on playing.It was a little iffy for a while and that Downing effort was really close but that's what you have to live with a little when you really try to win games.

Then it's two quick goals , the roof comes off and then I felt it was back to a little more caution.Looking to break and score again but we made the game less open and to be fair I didn't think Villa looked that threatening apart from Ashley Young who gave Bridge a very hard time.Some of his crosses were good but just not quite finding a target. Had we kept it an open game who knows but Mancini didn't allow as much forward running once we were ahead and it worked very nicely thank you very much.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 7:43 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I wouldnt say the ultimate rush but pretty damned good. I think today went fairly well to plan and it was really good to see them basically come out and play. Not silly gungho attack or whatever but certainly a team that came out looking to win from the off and not just playing cautiously and let's see what happens.

Having said that that approach is also what Villa like from the opposition. We had reasonable control of the game for the first period and then up Villa come and take the lead. A poor goal from a defensive point of view to remind us how we can get it wrong. But the team didnt seem phased and carried on playing.It was a little iffy for a while and that Downing effort was really close but that's what you have to live with a little when you really try to win games.

Then it's two quick goals , the roof comes off and then I felt it was back to a little more caution.Looking to break and score again but we made the game less open and to be fair I didn't think Villa looked that threatening apart from Ashley Young who gave Bridge a very hard time.Some of his crosses were good but just not quite finding a target. Had we kept it an open game who knows but Mancini didn't allow as much forward running once we were ahead and it worked very nicely thank you very much.

In hindsight it was good goal to concede!!! I mean, nothing gets teams confidence up more than coming from behind in super important game like that. I'm sure the lads will be going to Tottenham game full of confidence and should the worse happen and we go one down, they will still feel we can do it.

But of course, defensively it was poor goal to concede but in reality Kompany closed him ALMOST as he should have and made the angle tight. Keeper really shouldn't have conceded that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 02, 2010 8:41 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I wouldnt say the ultimate rush but pretty damned good. I think today went fairly well to plan and it was really good to see them basically come out and play. Not silly gungho attack or whatever but certainly a team that came out looking to win from the off and not just playing cautiously and let's see what happens.

In hindsight it was good goal to concede!!! I mean, nothing gets teams confidence up more than coming from behind in super important game like that. I'm sure the lads will be going to Tottenham game full of confidence and should the worse happen and we go one down, they will still feel we can do it.

But of course, defensively it was poor goal to concede but in reality Kompany closed him ALMOST as he should have and made the angle tight. Keeper really shouldn't have conceded that.

It was Toure mate but where I'm sat, I had a really perfect view of that & he was really slow for some reason. It was the kind of pass that our defenders usually close down quite easily & Carew wasn't moving very quickly but Toure didn't get there quick enough. It was quite a shock for everyone around me when that landed in the back of the net as we were expecting Toure to stop him easily.

Other than that & a few similar 1st half cock ups, mainly concerning Carew, I didn't see Villa create a single genuine chance 2nd half. Young was getting crosses in way too easily though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:44 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Winning game like this.... Better than sex. Fact!

Nothing actually beats shooting yer load over your womans face but i must admit that i had a dribble of pre-cum in my boxers on the way home.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun May 02, 2010 8:45 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

It was Toure mate but where I'm sat, I had a really perfect view of that & he was really slow for some reason. It was the kind of pass that our defenders usually close down quite easily & Carew wasn't moving very quickly but Toure didn't get there quick enough. It was quite a shock for everyone around me when that landed in the back of the net as we were expecting Toure to stop him easily.

Other than that & a few similar 1st half cock ups, mainly concerning Carew, I didn't see Villa create a single genuine chance 2nd half. Young was getting crosses in way too easily though.

I thought it was Kompany but I stand corrected. I haven't watched th game again yet but will do in few hours once I've done some hoovering (I hate hoovering more than anything in the world and usually end up kicking furniture so I'll ease my mind afterwards watching it).

And I agree regarding chance created in 2nd half. Sure they were huffing and puffing but in the end there was very little end product to seriously threaten us and in the end I always thought we were more likely to score on counter.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby kinsey » Sun May 02, 2010 8:49 am

Whether it was Kompany or Toure doesn't matter - watching them play against Carew reminds me of playing football on the street when I was a kid, playing against the bigger kids you could never get the ball from. Carew is a real handful and I am glad we don't have to play him every week!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 02, 2010 8:56 am

kinsey wrote:Whether it was Kompany or Toure doesn't matter - watching them play against Carew reminds me of playing football on the street when I was a kid, playing against the bigger kids you could never get the ball from. Carew is a real handful and I am glad we don't have to play him every week!

He is a handful & tbf to Toure & co, they dealt with him much better in the air than previous City defenders, or at least stopped him getting on the end of headers in the box, something Dunne never managed when playing against him.

The defending against him on the ground wasn't good enough though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sun May 02, 2010 8:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
kinsey wrote:Whether it was Kompany or Toure doesn't matter - watching them play against Carew reminds me of playing football on the street when I was a kid, playing against the bigger kids you could never get the ball from. Carew is a real handful and I am glad we don't have to play him every week!

He is a handful & tbf to Toure & co, they dealt with him much better in the air than previous City defenders, or at least stopped him getting on the end of headers in the box, something Dunne never managed when playing against him.

The defending against him on the ground wasn't good enough though.

Kompany did a much better job of getting across the front of him and denying him supply. Toure left me shaking my head on a number of occasions.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum