Villa and City have both come back from the dead

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Villa and City have both come back from the dead

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Sat May 01, 2010 8:54 am

Villa have tasted the same shite as we have. Having dropped down into the old 3rd Division, I remember working in Brum and going with a workmate who was a fan and we went to to Villa Park against Bradford City and there was 33,000 there ! They are the type of club that nobody seems to hate ? I feel their fans can be fickle I have noticed in past seasons that if they go on a bit of a slump in form they can lose up to 8,000 off the gate. Teams like Villa now need to be put to the sword by us if we are to start to assert ourselves in the "Top Four" club. IMO a very big day in the clubs history.
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Villa and City have both come back from the dead

Postby Slim » Sat May 01, 2010 9:05 am

Villa I liked for a long time, if City weren't playing them I could quite happily cheer them on(unless it in some way affected us). But having read their forums with threads regarding City have left me with a vile taste in my mouth. They truly despise us and really have no reason to, (Barry they got a good amount for a 30yo in the last year of his contract, Dunne they got for an absolute bargain and they are currently ahead of us in the table.) and the venom they put across in their threads is absolutely shocking. And we are getting Sky4 levels of favouritism according to them.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Sat May 01, 2010 9:15 am

Slim wrote:Villa I liked for a long time, if City weren't playing them I could quite happily cheer them on(unless it in some way affected us). But having read their forums with threads regarding City have left me with a vile taste in my mouth. They truly despise us and really have no reason to, (Barry they got a good amount for a 30yo in the last year of his contract, Dunne they got for an absolute bargain and they are currently ahead of us in the table.) and the venom they put across in their threads is absolutely shocking. And we are getting Sky4 levels of favouritism according to them.

Perhaps I am not such a bad person. I love my football and I am prepared to give credit to any player or team (apart from #####d) but am I right in saying that some club fans are totally blinkered to anything apart from there plight. Some fans are sickly in there views to us and that is very strange. However the majority of fans are "fans" of our club. I understand how hate can build up over the years but all we are to Villa is normally on eof their bogey teams, lets hope it continues today !
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat May 01, 2010 11:35 am

Slim wrote:we are getting Sky4 levels of favouritism according to them.

They are delusional then, if we did we would be out of sight for both them and Spurs by now.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Vhero » Sat May 01, 2010 1:11 pm

I dislike Villa mainly because my uncle is a supporter and these last couple of years he was ribbing me so I have come to dislike them on his behalf of course lol.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 01, 2010 3:43 pm

I have vague links to Villa (my grandad was born in Aston) - I don't dislike them but I don't particularly like them.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john68 » Sat May 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Slim,
Try and be a little more understanding Mate...it can't be easy for them to live in a place where everyone has a speech impediment.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Return to The Maine Football forum