Tevez: I'm going nowhere [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tevez: I'm going nowhere [merged]

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:58 pm

CARLOS TEVEZ has shrugged off reports of a summer move to Real Madrid and insisted he is focused on leading Manchester City into the Champions League.
The Argentinian has become the hero of Eastlands after walking out of Manchester United and scoring 28 goals this season.

Question marks were raised over his future when he criticised boss Roberto Mancini's strict training regime.

But he is determined not to let the speculation distract him as he bids to fire his club into the top four.Tevez said: "It does not matter to me if people talk about Real Madrid or any other big team in Europe.

"I am used to rumours and I will not allow them to distract me. My mind is only on my job at City and winning the games we have left.

"Of course our goal is to be one of the four teams who go into the Champions League.

"It is the same pressure as aiming to win titles with United or the battle to avoid descending with West Ham. I am playing with the same effort and passion now as I was in those situations."

Tevez, 26, has enjoyed an outstanding season and was nominated for the PFA Player of the Year award.

In the end he missed out to his old strike partner Wayne Rooney but the ex-Old Trafford idol says he owes it all to his new team-mates.

He said: "It was an amazing feeling to be nominated and made me very happy. All the good things that are happening to me this season, I owe to City and my team-mates.

"There is no doubt in my mind I was right to come here."

And he is determined to pay back his pals and the fans who have taken him to their hearts by securing their Champions League dream. Sixth-placed City face fifth-placed Aston Villa today, who they have a game in hand over, then host Tottenham, who are currently fourth, on Wednesday.

Tevez added: "The good news is our destiny is in our own hands. I pray we can make it and perhaps next season it will be a reality that City are in the Champions League."

Mancini, meanwhile, has urged the City board not to panic - even if they fail to finish in the top four.

The Italian was given a 70-point target when he took over from the axed Mark Hughes in December. And his position could come under scrutiny if he fails to deliver Champions League football.

City face a make-or-break week but the ex-Inter Milan coach wants Sheikh Mansour and Co to hold their nerve and stick with him however they finish.

Advertisement

Mancini said: "Have I been given any assurances? No. But I have three years left on my contract and I want us to be an important team next year.

"I don't decide on my future. I can decide on training, the players but the other things are decided by the owners.

"I want to stay here 200 per cent and if the owner wants me to stay, I will stay. When you want to build a good team, you must have time. Every manager wants this.

"For this, it's important that I am given the opportunity to build a team.

"I can work in pre-season, working for one year is better because you have worked with the players for longer and get to know players better.

"We have a fantastic chance to become a very important team next year if we build, if we have time."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z0mdBmyN61
Last edited by King Kev on Sat May 01, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Tevez shrugs off talk of a summer transfer

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat May 01, 2010 12:01 am

CARLOS TEVEZ has shrugged off reports of a summer move to Real Madrid and insisted he is focused on leading Manchester City into the Champions League.

The Argentinian has become the hero of Eastlands after walking out of Manchester United and scoring 28 goals this season.

Question marks were raised over his future when he criticised boss Roberto Mancini's strict training regime.

But he is determined not to let the speculation distract him as he bids to fire his club into the top four.Tevez said: "It does not matter to me if people talk about Real Madrid or any other big team in Europe.

"I am used to rumours and I will not allow them to distract me. My mind is only on my job at City and winning the games we have left.

"Of course our goal is to be one of the four teams who go into the Champions League.

"It is the same pressure as aiming to win titles with United or the battle to avoid descending with West Ham. I am playing with the same effort and passion now as I was in those situations."

Tevez, 26, has enjoyed an outstanding season and was nominated for the PFA Player of the Year award.

In the end he missed out to his old strike partner Wayne Rooney but the ex-Old Trafford idol says he owes it all to his new team-mates.

He said: "It was an amazing feeling to be nominated and made me very happy. All the good things that are happening to me this season, I owe to City and my team-mates.

"There is no doubt in my mind I was right to come here."

And he is determined to pay back his pals and the fans who have taken him to their hearts by securing their Champions League dream. Sixth-placed City face fifth-placed Aston Villa today, who they have a game in hand over, then host Tottenham, who are currently fourth, on Wednesday.

Tevez added: "The good news is our destiny is in our own hands. I pray we can make it and perhaps next season it will be a reality that City are in the Champions League."

Mancini, meanwhile, has urged the City board not to panic - even if they fail to finish in the top four.

The Italian was given a 70-point target when he took over from the axed Mark Hughes in December. And his position could come under scrutiny if he fails to deliver Champions League football.

City face a make-or-break week but the ex-Inter Milan coach wants Sheikh Mansour and Co to hold their nerve and stick with him however they finish.

Mancini said: "Have I been given any assurances? No. But I have three years left on my contract and I want us to be an important team next year.

"I don't decide on my future. I can decide on training, the players but the other things are decided by the owners.

"I want to stay here 200 per cent and if the owner wants me to stay, I will stay. When you want to build a good team, you must have time. Every manager wants this.

"For this, it's important that I am given the opportunity to build a team.

"I can work in pre-season, working for one year is better because you have worked with the players for longer and get to know players better.

"We have a fantastic chance to become a very important team next year if we build, if we have time."

thesun.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Tevez: I'm going nowhere

Postby halnone » Sat May 01, 2010 1:48 am

super carlitos.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat May 01, 2010 1:58 am

Good stuff. I think Mancios comments were aimed more at slimey Kia than they were Carlos.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 01, 2010 6:50 am

Rubs eyes in disbelief..............did the Sun write that?

Seems Mancio's words had some affect, nice one.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Tevez shrugs off talk of a summer transfer

Postby walmai » Sat May 01, 2010 7:13 am

I see someone's finally translated 'loyalty bonus' for him.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 01, 2010 7:19 am

I'm sure I've just read this on here?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat May 01, 2010 7:20 am

Reads like something he's been advised to say, probably by Kia.

Walmai - glad your lot are safe as did not want to see a footballing side go down. You can enjoy your summer now!
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 01, 2010 7:49 am

Hopefully it's a result of talks between Mancini and Tevez but even more hopefully I hope he means it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby walmai » Sat May 01, 2010 7:58 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Reads like something he's been advised to say, probably by Kia.

Walmai - glad your lot are safe as did not want to see a footballing side go down. You can enjoy your summer now!

Nice one; we have the utter rubbishness of Hull and Burnley to thank for this, though. The team I follow, by and large, deserves only minimal credit for it...
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Re: Tevez: I'm going nowhere [merged]

Postby Wooders » Sat May 01, 2010 9:02 am

28 goals! When was the last time we had a striker who scored 28 goals in his whole career here? Let alone a season!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Sister of fu » Sat May 01, 2010 9:04 am

Wooders wrote:28 goals! When was the last time we had a striker who scored 28 goals in his whole career here? Let alone a season!

The Legend that is Shaun Goater.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mike J » Sat May 01, 2010 9:04 am

right fuck the media! shit stirring cunts! great to hear direct quotes from carlos!

COME ON CITY!!!!!!!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 01, 2010 9:10 am

Coupled with the comments from Mancio, this will allow Carlos to go out all guns blaring. Great timing in my opinion.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat May 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Nice.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat May 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Wooders wrote:28 goals! When was the last time we had a striker who scored 28 goals in his whole career here? Let alone a season!

Funny

And sad.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Sat May 01, 2010 1:08 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Funny

And sad.

indeed :(
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum