Fulop V Given V Hart: A Statistical Comparrison

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fulop V Given V Hart: A Statistical Comparrison

Postby King Kev » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:09 pm

I found this quite interesting. A few people, including myself, have said recently that they rate Hart above Given and the stats seem to back this up.

Personally I find Marton's stats quite worrying;

After Shay Given was forced out of the game at Arsenal on Saturday, Roberto Mancini suddenly found himself faced with a selection nightmare, looking to his reserves to see two goalkeepers out of action, one on loan at Birmingham City and another deemed too inexperienced to play.

To counter this problem, the Italian opted to appeal to the FA for an emergency loan, eventually securing the services of Marton Fulop for the remainder of the season. In the wake of the Hungarian’s sudden arrival at the City of Manchester Stadium, Opta evaluate the Hungarian’s credentials against City’s other ‘keepers:

This season, Fulop has posted the lowest saves-to-shots ratio of all goalkeepers to have played in at least five games, stopping just 56% of the efforts directed at his goal, significantly lower than both Shay Given and Joe Hart, as well as his rival at Sunderland, Craig Gordon, who has saved 74%.

This means that Fulop has conceded a goal for essentially every half that he has been on the pitch (one every 46 minutes), and has kept just two clean sheets in 13 appearances. So far this season Sunderland have won just three of the 13 games in which he has played (away at Bolton and at home to Arsenal, his only clean sheets, as well as home to Blackburn), losing seven.

The last time Fulop played at the City of Manchester Stadium he faced six shots on his goal and conceded four goals, whilst the last time he faced Villa he faced three shots and let in two, equating to just one save for every three shots in both games.

This weekend he will need to put these performances behind him as the Citizens host Martin O’Neill’s men with a place in next season’s Champions League at stake.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Fulop V Given V Hart: A Statistical Comparrison

Postby Bluez » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:18 pm

If you take out the 7-0 against Chelsea, the stats don't look too bad. Still not Given or Hart standard but as emergency loan we were never going to get a 1st team keeper.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:28 pm

well i suppose that at least gives Villa some hope and even things up a bit. Hopefully it will inspire them to go searching for shooting chances and that will play into our hands
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 pm

Bluez wrote:If you take out the 7-0 against Chelsea, the stats don't look too bad. Still not Given or Hart standard but as emergency loan we were never going to get a 1st team keeper.

I've mentioned this before, he looks a complete no-hoper until you actually see where those goals came from. 10 against Chelsea, 4 against us and so on for the big teams. He seems to get rolled out against the teams where Elephant man gives up on, and he kept Mr Gordon out of the side for a long time, even after his record move.

Marton Fulop has something to prove and I reckon he can do something for us in our last 3, but as Sister Of put me straight on, why are we putting a player down before he's even stepped on the pitch. We are our own worse enemies!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bluez wrote:If you take out the 7-0 against Chelsea, the stats don't look too bad. Still not Given or Hart standard but as emergency loan we were never going to get a 1st team keeper.

I've mentioned this before, he looks a complete no-hoper until you actually see where those goals came from. 10 against Chelsea, 4 against us and so on for the big teams. He seems to get rolled out against the teams where Elephant man gives up on, and he kept Mr Gordon out of the side for a long time, even after his record move.

Marton Fulop has something to prove and I reckon he can do something for us in our last 3, but as Sister Of put me straight on, why are we putting a player down before he's even stepped on the pitch. We are our own worse enemies!!!

Exactly, let the guy play a game first then we can judge him. I personaly think he will play alright for us we have a great defence so i don't expect him to come under alot of pressure from Villa.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

She Is way to level headed for this site ....... Sister Of ... OUT :)
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:59 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Exactly, let the guy play a game first then we can judge him. I personaly think he will play alright for us we have a great defence so i don't expect him to come under alot of pressure from Villa.

The fact is, I dont think there are any BAD goalkeepers in the Premier League. There are a few who are totally overhyped, and maybe the loser in all this is Shay if it becomes clear that actually, he isnt making that much of a positive difference to our defence /goals against column
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:09 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The fact is, I dont think there are any BAD goalkeepers in the Premier League. There are a few who are totally overhyped, and maybe the loser in all this is Shay if it becomes clear that actually, he isnt making that much of a positive difference to our defence /goals against column

Is that a positive or a negative ;-/
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Is that a positive or a negative ;-/

I think this enforced rest could be a postive for city, and maybe a negative for Shay. We might actually see a keeper come off his line and have a bit of command of his area, this fact alone could be the difference for us against two teams with good wingers / good set piece players, and show us just what Shay's deficiency is/has been all through his career.

Interesting in the stats that although marginal, Joe appears to have a better command of his area in terms of catches, saves to shots ratio and unbelievably, goals conceded with less than 90 mins difference between him and Shay. Seems Joe has learned an awful lot in his time at Brum, although stats can be interpreted in diferent ways, those statistics allied to his greater experience are a pretty good case for him to be our no 1 next season
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Mancio is going to have to decide because I can't see them looking forward to a Sven type scenario of having 6 games each. Luckily Joe will be in a great position to take the jersey and if he does well, which I believe he will, he'll keep it.

May I just say a big thank you to Big Niall for the loan deal though, absolute legend.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:57 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

She Is way to level headed for this site ....... Sister Of ... OUT :)

I concour........
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Return to The Maine Football forum