TEVEZ mail article

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

TEVEZ mail article

Postby dikdik » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:41 am

Apologies for starting a new thread but this seemed too important to bury away. I have just re read the entire Daily Mail piece again from the 13th. April. The strap lines that have been pulled out are completely misleading.

I can find no direct quotes for Tevez saying what is reported.

In other words:-

1.) Tevez NOT AMUSED by poster = Tevez didn't understand the poster
2.) Ronaldo wouldn't get into his dream team = We couldn't play with four strikers? (Him Rooney and Messi)
3.) Tevez disagrees with Hughes sacking = He was asked a direct question. DID you think it was right to sack Hughes. Yes or No?

AND

4.) Tevez questions training methods = He said THE PLAYERS are not happy with this. I can find no direct quote that he said it.

I am amazed at the poor standards of journalism shown here. I wonder also whether Manicini's grasp of English has lead to the confused interpretation.
If I am wrong in my interpretation of this then please let me know.
Thanks
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: TEVEZ mail article

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:57 am

Over many years the British media has proved to be lower than a snakes belly. There are so many incidents, almost daily...in fact usually several times a day where the press and Tv misrepresesent the facts and cuase damage to innocent people.

I am astounded (one of Doug's words) that anyone gives any credence to any of this shit anymore. Usually it is the reaction of the readers that causes the damage. If City fans care to believe that what they report Mancini and Tevez are supposed to have said and react accordingly, we could have a sky blue civil war at CoMS...Then they would have a real story (that they have created from nothing) to report on.

Don't give them a chance...just chuck the shit back at them.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:58 am

I dont know why but I swear I'm having this vision for a couple of hours now..

Mancini and Tevez call an urgent press conference at the club. Media all hyped and running down to coms.

Boss and Tevez sitting infront of them all.
Mancini, taking a breath, and then goes on "what a sensationalist bunch of liers"
Tevez sticks his head to the mic and goes "word"

Then they both get up and leave leaving the fucking media astonished not knowing what to report.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:38 pm

Mancini comes in alone, sits down and says "which one is Daniel Taylor?.....You're a cunt. Which one is Chris Wheeler..."

...and so on.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Slim wrote:Mancini comes in alone, sits down and says "which one is Daniel Taylor?.....You're a cunt. Which one is Chris Wheeler..."

...and so on.

That would be fucking top. Imagine that in his Italian accent, with maybe a hint of Godfather thrown in.

It would take the rest of the season for him to get through them all though.

I honestly do not see why the kind of "reporting" properly shown up by the OP deserves any credibility whatsoever.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Return to The Maine Football forum