Dear Mr. Cook, What happens when my lad grows up?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dear Mr. Cook, What happens when my lad grows up?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:12 pm

lythamblue wrote:
saulman wrote:Dear Mr. Cook,

What happens when my 9 year old boy grows up? We currently occupy two seats on the front row of tier 2, East Stand. I am surrounded by some great people. My match experience couldn't be any better, to be honest. Great view, near the away fans and the singing section of East. Close enough to get the atmosphere from the south stand but still far enough away for my boy to be exposed to some of the harsher language that I can decipher.
It has been suggested that I move myself and him to the North Stand to 'enhance my family matchday experience'. This is something that I simply will not do. I like my seats and I like the people who sit around me, and frankly....I can afford the extra ton expense you've thrown my way. However, for those with two or three kids in the stand, I feel extremely sorry for. One family I know and speak with at half time have already decided to relocate simply because of the financial 'encouragement'.

Now, supposing that I do give up my prime seats in favour of a more 'family friendly' atmosphere, what happens when my boy grows up. What happens when dad and son become two grown men sitting in the family stand taking up much needed 'family seats'? Will we be relocated? If so, can I have my old seats back?

Also, is there anything to the rumour that this is 'just the beginning'? That the whole of East Tier Two is earmarked for corporates? That kids season discounts wil become a thing of the past unless you're in the North Stand? That season tickets in that part of the stadium will soar in price?

I am now very worried about the future of my 'matchday experience'. I suspect that I'm not the only one.

Please put my mind at rest.

Saul

EDIT: If anyone else has heard anything about these rumours, please post them. I hope there is no substance.

Saulman, as you know I have 4 tickets (2 juniors)in the row behind you and you are not alone in you feelings in this respect.

I too love my seats and the people I sit around and I am gutted about what they are trying to do.

It's not so much the money, because even though I too will get hit for another £272 next season, the price is still not too far above what it was when the Stadium originally opened (kids tickets were £300 each remember) and I suppose if I was prepared to pay it then, I should be prepared to pay it now.

However, it's the 2011/12 season that worries me. We have no idea what these so called 'Premium' tickets are going to cost or even what they are going to include. But the biggest worry is ..... who will we be sitting with??!! I don't want to sit with a load of corporates who change every week, are only there for a jolly and don't even like football never mind support City. I will admit .... that through my company we also often have a Box and seats in various corporate lounges ....but I always leave them to the Sales staff to sort out with customers and guests and never bother going in them myself.

My matchday experience is with my wife and two kids, sat in great view seats and surrounded by people who are knowledgeable about all things City and whom i have grown to know and like ...... IT'S PERFECT ....WHY SHOULD THAT HAVE TO CHANGE!!!

Also, where would I change to? Any alternative seat would not be as good and I thoroughly agree, would definately reduce my matchday experience and enjoyment.

I feel that this is purely a load of bollox to just increase ticket revenue. Fair enough, but the club should be honest and state their intentions ..... and cut all the crap about 'retaining our soul' and all that crap. At the very least, they should decide what the policy and prices are going to be in 2011/12 and then at least we know what to expect after next season.

If enough of us feel this way ..... we should do something about it. If the club takes the stance of "who cares because we can then resell your seats at twice the price to our new 'plastics' ..... then at least we ALL know the score. Effectively they will be saying to us tha "they don't really want OLD CITY ...... and what they really want is NEW U***d".

They have already done a poll and 80% voted for change....apparently.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:26 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

What happens when my 9 year old boy grows up? We currently occupy two seats on the front row of tier 2, East Stand. I am surrounded by some great people. My match experience couldn't be any better, to be honest. Great view, near the away fans and the singing section of East. Close enough to get the atmosphere from the south stand but still far enough away for my boy to be exposed to some of the harsher language that I can decipher.
It has been suggested that I move myself and him to the North Stand to 'enhance my family matchday experience'. This is something that I simply will not do. I like my seats and I like the people who sit around me, and frankly....I can afford the extra ton expense you've thrown my way. However, for those with two or three kids in the stand, I feel extremely sorry for. One family I know and speak with at half time have already decided to relocate simply because of the financial 'encouragement'.

Now, supposing that I do give up my prime seats in favour of a more 'family friendly' atmosphere, what happens when my boy grows up. What happens when dad and son become two grown men sitting in the family stand taking up much needed 'family seats'? Will we be relocated? If so, can I have my old seats back?

Also, is there anything to the rumour that this is 'just the beginning'? That the whole of East Tier Two is earmarked for corporates? That kids season discounts wil become a thing of the past unless you're in the North Stand? That season tickets in that part of the stadium will soar in price?

I am now very worried about the future of my 'matchday experience'. I suspect that I'm not the only one.

Saul

EDIT: If anyone else has heard anything about these rumours, please post them. I hope there is no substance.

Saulman, as you know I have 4 tickets (2 juniors)in the row behind you and you are not alone in you feelings in this respect.

I too love my seats and the people I sit around and I am gutted about what they are trying to do.

It's not so much the money, because even though I too will get hit for another £272 next season, the price is still not too far above what it was when the Stadium originally opened (kids tickets were £300 each remember) and I suppose if I was prepared to pay it then, I should be prepared to pay it now.

However, it's the 2011/12 season that worries me. We have no idea what these so called 'Premium' tickets are going to cost or even what they are going to include. But the biggest worry is ..... who will we be sitting with??!! I don't want to sit with a load of corporates who change every week, are only there for a jolly and don't even like football never mind support City. I will admit .... that through my company we also often have a Box and seats in various corporate lounges ....but I always leave them to the Sales staff to sort out with customers and guests and never bother going in them myself.

My matchday experience is with my wife and two kids, sat in great view seats and surrounded by people who are knowledgeable about all things City and whom i have grown to know and like ...... IT'S PERFECT ....WHY SHOULD THAT HAVE TO CHANGE!!!

Also, where would I change to? Any alternative seat would not be as good and I thoroughly agree, would definately reduce my matchday experience and enjoyment.

I feel that this is purely a load of bollox to just increase ticket revenue. Fair enough, but the club should be honest and state their intentions ..... and cut all the crap about 'retaining our soul' and all that crap. At the very least, they should decide what the policy and prices are going to be in 2011/12 and then at least we know what to expect after next season.

If enough of us feel this way ..... we should do something about it. If the club takes the stance of "who cares because we can then resell your seats at twice the price to our new 'plastics' ..... then at least we ALL know the score. Effectively they will be saying to us tha "they don't really want OLD CITY ...... and what they really want is NEW U***d".

They worded the questions in a slippery way so they didn't really ask a straight question. I would have requested a swearing section where you get thrown out if you don't swear enough.

There were kids & old folks on the Kippax by the way. My parents were there as kids, I was often there as a kid & my grandparents were there from being kids to pensioners until they got too doddery & had to move to the Platt lane.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lythamblue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:[

Like Saulman, i also answered the questionaire and the questions were misleading.

For instance, I also ticked YES when they asked if I would pay more for seats that include car parking, maybe better food facilities, programmes etc ..... and I would. In any case I pay to park the car, buy a programme and also often eat before/after the match in various restaurants in town. If all that could be included within my ticket price ... fair enough.

However, I wasn't asked if I wanted my seats to become corporate! I wasn't asked if this was going to happen would you please relocate! I wasn't asked if I wanted worse seats than I currently have ..... and I certainly wasn't asked if I would be prepared to sacrifice my current matchday experience.

Carl, you know the reasons ..... and it ain't 'matchday experience'!!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Saul

They worded the questions in a slippery way so they didn't really ask a straight question. I would have requested a swearing section where you get thrown out if you don't swear enough.

There were kids & old folks on the Kippax by the way. My parents were there as kids, I was often there as a kid & my grandparents were there from being kids to pensioners until they got too doddery & had to move to the Platt lane.

Not next to the segregation there wasnt--------you got crushed to death there when we scored. I certainly dont remember any kids or oaps.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:40 pm

lythamblue wrote:

Like Saulman, i also answered the questionaire and the questions were misleading.

For instance, I also ticked YES when they asked if I would pay more for seats that include car parking, maybe better food facilities, programmes etc ..... and I would. In any case I pay to park the car, buy a programme and also often eat before/after the match in various restaurants in town. If all that could be included within my ticket price ... fair enough.

However, I wasn't asked if I wanted my seats to become corporate! I wasn't asked if this was going to happen would you please relocate! I wasn't asked if I wanted worse seats than I currently have ..... and I certainly wasn't asked if I would be prepared to sacrifice my current matchday experience.

Sign of the times mate, we are evolving into a monster.......
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lythamblue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Saul

Not next to the segregation there wasnt--------you got crushed to death there when we scored. I certainly dont remember any kids or oaps.

Sorry Carl, I used to go in the Kippax when I was 10 .... with a few mates of the same age. Always used to try and sit on the back wall of the left hand tunnel. I remember about 100 peole a match used to say 'don't fall off there son' ...... but I never did.

I also remember it cost 85p!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:48 pm

I dont remember that many kids or OAP being there but when I went with my uncle we were always in front of that fucking pylon in the Kippax......having said that I dont remember what I had for breakfast this morning.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lythamblue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:00 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Sign of the times mate, we are evolving into a monster.......

Yes and we all knew that it would happen at some time or another.

However, we also hoped that these would be new facilities offered to a new type of fan. Not replacing the existing fans with new ones.

Listen, if they want to attract a new type of market fair enough .... but they should still respect and protect the right of the existing fans that have saat there and watc hed shit for donkey's years . They know who we are .... they can track our support over the years via the computerisation. We should be a protected species!!
Last edited by lythamblue on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:00 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I dont remember that many kids or OAP being there but when I went with my uncle we were always in front of that fucking pylon in the Kippax......having said that I dont remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

I used to move around a fair bit. Sometimes amongst the nutters & sometimes further toward the North Stand. Fair few flat caps there in the old days.

Was put off the nutter section a bit when me & a lad from our school narrowly missed getting brained by a lump of rock. My mate picked it up to have a look at it & two coppers saw him with it in his hand & kicked the shit out of him. Only just remembered that now & will probably forget it again by tomorrow night along with what I had for breakfast.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:35 am

I beleive it has come around due to the high number of complaints from people about swearing, standing up etc in the North Stand and in some other sections of the ground. I'm not saying it's the only reason they have decided to do it but it was a contributing factor and they have recognised an opportunity to get more corporate people in who spend maybe 10 times more on a matchday experience than the club get in from the average punter. Corporates are the way things are now, there's no getting away from it. More money is generated through business than through 'normal' customers, it's a fact. The club have to increase turnover if Platini gets his way and then we may be restricted on what we can spend on players.
I realise it's not perfect for everyone, no change is, but i have been asked to calm down and even to sit down in Block111 where i go by some lady with a kid and i have often thought to myself that why has she decided to bring her kid to this section of the ground that is renowned for it's vocal support and the standing. I'm all for the changes because it will actually improve my matchday experience but i feel sorry for those whose matchday experience will be ruined.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:51 am

ashton287 wrote:its bollocks, what they should have done was made the north stand available to families FIRST and told anyone intrested in it what they were planning on doing there for the kids so anyone that WANTED to relocate there could have first refusal, and then let anyone who didnt want to take advantage of there gay arse family crap keep there seats, its the soft cunts that go mithering to the stewards when they hear a swear word next to there precious kids that have caused this.

and before anyone starts no i dont give a fuck about other peoples kids and anyone who thinks there kids dont swear when there not around is a dillusional fuck that needs to get there head out there arse and go recycle some plastic bottles or whatever it is you puffs do for fun these days.

Oh yeah, it's throwing away plastic bottles what makes man a man. Or man a Manaman. Recycling plastic bottles, what better way to show the world that you are a homosexual.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ashton287 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:12 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
ashton287 wrote:its bollocks, what they should have done was made the north stand available to families FIRST and told anyone intrested in it what they were planning on doing there for the kids so anyone that WANTED to relocate there could have first refusal, and then let anyone who didnt want to take advantage of there gay arse family crap keep there seats, its the soft cunts that go mithering to the stewards when they hear a swear word next to there precious kids that have caused this.

and before anyone starts no i dont give a fuck about other peoples kids and anyone who thinks there kids dont swear when there not around is a dillusional fuck that needs to get there head out there arse and go recycle some plastic bottles or whatever it is you puffs do for fun these days.

Nice. Frankly, I don't give a fuck about you and hopefully, your seat has just been sold to a 'puff'.

However, I sit in the north stand and there are people in there who make me cringe with the torrent abuse from the first minute to the last. I occasionally take my 8 year old daughter or 4 year old son and, no, they don't swear like that when I'm around. It's called decency and good manners. Sorry if that's a little old fashioned for you. I also find that I can get wound up without needing to use every four letter word under the sun, but maybe that's the benefit of an education.

I'm in a situation where I either have to move from my seat, or get a season ticket for one of the kids so I can stay where I am. If I move, the noises coming out of the club suggest that the seat will either be at the very front of the first tier or somewhere in the third tier, both of which I'd consider an inferior view and matchday experience than the one I currently have.

If the club are planning on extending the ground, I think they should have done that first and then made the new tier the family stand. Someone mentioned last week that they have put all the cheap seats in one stand, so have they done it to reduce the impact on revenue whilst building work is undertaken?

As for the corporates on level 2, I'll leave it to the official site to explain that:

"To complement the great views, The Colin Bell Stand and East Stand Level Two, will for season 2011/12 be refurbished to a high standard providing a premium experience for supporters. This will include improved facilities and services on the concourse. With these improvements there will be an increase in price and some supporters may like to take the opportunity this season to relocate ahead of the changes for 2011/12."

This.

I take both my kids to the game, ages 9 and 7 and quite frankly would rather be as far away as possible from complete halfwits like Ashton287.

I first went to games with my Parents, moving from Maine Stand to Platt Lane and finally Kippax with my parents and probably heard every swearword in the book and inhaled too much ciggie smoke for my own good. Fact is, things have moved on a bit since then and if we can offer a better experience then why on earth cant we offer encouragement to people to bring their kids, who are after all the next generation of fans?

I dont take my kids to any away games as they are too young for that and rightly so, but they should have the right to attend homegames without being exposed to cigarette smoke which is still there in the toilets and on the spirals, constant swearing and pissed up halfwits. The clubs idea is a section of the ground for each type of fan or age group; I dont agree with exactly how its been done but the concept is a good one.

highlighted the bit that you two should have read so i didnt have to tell you to fuck off. No problem with anyone wanting to keep there kids away from smoke/swearing. I have a problem with people trying to force others to do something they dont want to. Alot of families who take there kids to games do so on a tight budget and won't have a choice but to move to the north stand regardless of wether they want to or not and its a pathetic.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:16 am

ashton287 wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Nice. Frankly, I don't give a fuck about you and hopefully, your seat has just been sold to a 'puff'.

However, I sit in the north stand and there are people in there who make me cringe with the torrent abuse from the first minute to the last. I occasionally take my 8 year old daughter or 4 year old son and, no, they don't swear like that when I'm around. It's called decency and good manners. Sorry if that's a little old fashioned for you. I also find that I can get wound up without needing to use every four letter word under the sun, but maybe that's the benefit of an education.

I'm in a situation where I either have to move from my seat, or get a season ticket for one of the kids so I can stay where I am. If I move, the noises coming out of the club suggest that the seat will either be at the very front of the first tier or somewhere in the third tier, both of which I'd consider an inferior view and matchday experience than the one I currently have.

If the club are planning on extending the ground, I think they should have done that first and then made the new tier the family stand. Someone mentioned last week that they have put all the cheap seats in one stand, so have they done it to reduce the impact on revenue whilst building work is undertaken?

As for the corporates on level 2, I'll leave it to the official site to explain that:

"To complement the great views, The Colin Bell Stand and East Stand Level Two, will for season 2011/12 be refurbished to a high standard providing a premium experience for supporters. This will include improved facilities and services on the concourse. With these improvements there will be an increase in price and some supporters may like to take the opportunity this season to relocate ahead of the changes for 2011/12."

This.

I take both my kids to the game, ages 9 and 7 and quite frankly would rather be as far away as possible from complete halfwits like Ashton287.

I first went to games with my Parents, moving from Maine Stand to Platt Lane and finally Kippax with my parents and probably heard every swearword in the book and inhaled too much ciggie smoke for my own good. Fact is, things have moved on a bit since then and if we can offer a better experience then why on earth cant we offer encouragement to people to bring their kids, who are after all the next generation of fans?

I dont take my kids to any away games as they are too young for that and rightly so, but they should have the right to attend homegames without being exposed to cigarette smoke which is still there in the toilets and on the spirals, constant swearing and pissed up halfwits. The clubs idea is a section of the ground for each type of fan or age group; I dont agree with exactly how its been done but the concept is a good one.

highlighted the bit that you two should have read so i didnt have to tell you to fuck off. No problem with anyone wanting to keep there kids away from smoke/swearing. I have a problem with people trying to force others to do something they dont want to. Alot of families who take there kids to games do so on a tight budget and won't have a choice but to move to the north stand regardless of wether they want to or not and its a pathetic.

And after the "highlighted" bit you then refer to it as "there gay arsed family crap" - what a fabulous outlook you have.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ashton287 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:25 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
ashton287 wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

This.

And after the "highlighted" bit you then refer to it as "there gay arsed family crap" - what a fabulous outlook you have.

I would of put 'imho' so that you people could understand that this is my opinion, I didnt though because I am in no way and will never be humble. As far as im concerned football is an experience in itself. No need to turn the north stand into a wacky fucking warehouse.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 am

highlighted the bit that you two should have read so i didnt have to tell you to fuck off. No problem with anyone wanting to keep there kids away from smoke/swearing. I have a problem with people trying to force others to do something they dont want to. Alot of families who take there kids to games do so on a tight budget and won't have a choice but to move to the north stand regardless of wether they want to or not and its a pathetic.[/quote]

And after the "highlighted" bit you then refer to it as "there gay arsed family crap" - what a fabulous outlook you have.[/quote]

I would of put 'imho' so that you people could understand that this is my opinion, I didnt though because I am in no way and will never be humble. As far as im concerned football is an experience in itself. No need to turn the north stand into a wacky fucking warehouse.[/quote]

Have you ever sat in the North Stand, or taken a kid to a football match by any chance? Maybe that would broaden your understanding of what taking a child to a matach involves rather than simply slinging incoherent abuse.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:38 am

Within all this about the club wanting to attract a new type of fan into the Colin Bell, and ultimately the whole 2nd tier - has anybody noticed the number of boxes and corporate seats empty at every single game including the derby.

It has been embarrassing that for almost every game without exception (have a look tomorrow), the only empty seats were the ones in the directors box, that the club obviously couldnt even give away.

Maybe the club should learn to walk before it tries to run
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ashton287 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:49 am

Goaters 103 wrote:highlighted the bit that you two should have read so i didnt have to tell you to fuck off. No problem with anyone wanting to keep there kids away from smoke/swearing. I have a problem with people trying to force others to do something they dont want to. Alot of families who take there kids to games do so on a tight budget and won't have a choice but to move to the north stand regardless of wether they want to or not and its a pathetic.

And after the "highlighted" bit you then refer to it as "there gay arsed family crap" - what a fabulous outlook you have.[/quote]

I would of put 'imho' so that you people could understand that this is my opinion, I didnt though because I am in no way and will never be humble. As far as im concerned football is an experience in itself. No need to turn the north stand into a wacky fucking warehouse.[/quote]

Have you ever sat in the North Stand, or taken a kid to a football match by any chance? Maybe that would broaden your understanding of what taking a child to a matach involves rather than simply slinging incoherent abuse.[/quote]

yes I have, I take 3 of my younger cousins to matches the youngest being 10 when I started taking them. Sat in south stand and 110 but never the north as I avoid it like the plague. Like i said no problem with people who WANT to go sit in the north stand. But the ones who don't shouldn't be forced either. This is the beginning of the end when it comes to atmosphere. From now on there will be one stand singing and a few stragglers around the sides.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:16 am

ashton287 wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:highlighted the bit that you two should have read so i didnt have to tell you to fuck off. No problem with anyone wanting to keep there kids away from smoke/swearing. I have a problem with people trying to force others to do something they dont want to. Alot of families who take there kids to games do so on a tight budget and won't have a choice but to move to the north stand regardless of wether they want to or not and its a pathetic.

Have you ever sat in the North Stand, or taken a kid to a football match by any chance? Maybe that would broaden your understanding of what taking a child to a matach involves rather than simply slinging incoherent abuse.[/quote]

yes I have, I take 3 of my younger cousins to matches the youngest being 10 when I started taking them. Sat in south stand and 110 but never the north as I avoid it like the plague. Like i said no problem with people who WANT to go sit in the north stand. But the ones who don't shouldn't be forced either. This is the beginning of the end when it comes to atmosphere. From now on there will be one stand singing and a few stragglers around the sides.[/quote]

For the record the highlighted quote at the top isn't mine.

Why do you avoid the North Stand like the plague then? You've never sat in there with kids so how is your impression formed on that side of the ground? The stick that stand takes is quite frankly getting quite ridiculous generally but I'd be interested to know what making that a Family Stand means the beginning of the end of an atmosphere at COMS.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:52 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Within all this about the club wanting to attract a new type of fan into the Colin Bell, and ultimately the whole 2nd tier - has anybody noticed the number of boxes and corporate seats empty at every single game including the derby.

It has been embarrassing that for almost every game without exception (have a look tomorrow), the only empty seats were the ones in the directors box, that the club obviously couldnt even give away.

Gold taps before the plumbing etc. Hello Robinho before Hello Bellamy! Typical.

Fully agree with above posts saying how coy / misleading those questions from City were. Whilst I welcome a designated Family Area (Kids are our future Fans) - I still believe people should have the right to choose where they want to sit. Imagine moving from a top seat in East Stand 1 to the North Stand because you can't pay the extra for your 2 Lads. It's not fair.

City can ban me for life if they object to my swearing, standing or general incoherence. Football is my release. You got that, Cook? Now go ask Bert Trout Man about breaking his Leg on the field yet still scoring a brace against Melchester Rovers. I hope you speak Spanish.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:54 pm

btajim wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Within all this about the club wanting to attract a new type of fan into the Colin Bell, and ultimately the whole 2nd tier - has anybody noticed the number of boxes and corporate seats empty at every single game including the derby.

Gold taps before the plumbing etc. Hello Robinho before Hello Bellamy! Typical.

Fully agree with above posts saying how coy / misleading those questions from City were. Whilst I welcome a designated Family Area (Kids are our future Fans) - I still believe people should have the right to choose where they want to sit. Imagine moving from a top seat in East Stand 1 to the North Stand because you can't pay the extra for your 2 Lads. It's not fair.

City can ban me for life if they object to my swearing, standing or general incoherence. Football is my release. You got that, Cook? Now go ask Bert Trout Man about breaking his Leg on the field yet still scoring a brace against Melchester Rovers. I hope you speak Spanish.

I've always had you down as the type that recycles their plastic bottles.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum