Dear Mr. Cook, What happens when my lad grows up?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dear Mr. Cook, What happens when my lad grows up?

Postby saulman » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Dear Mr. Cook,

What happens when my 9 year old boy grows up? We currently occupy two seats on the front row of tier 2, East Stand. I am surrounded by some great people. My match experience couldn't be any better, to be honest. Great view, near the away fans and the singing section of East. Close enough to get the atmosphere from the south stand but still far enough away for my boy to be exposed to some of the harsher language that I can decipher.
It has been suggested that I move myself and him to the North Stand to 'enhance my family matchday experience'. This is something that I simply will not do. I like my seats and I like the people who sit around me, and frankly....I can afford the extra ton expense you've thrown my way. However, for those with two or three kids in the stand, I feel extremely sorry for. One family I know and speak with at half time have already decided to relocate simply because of the financial 'encouragement'.

Now, supposing that I do give up my prime seats in favour of a more 'family friendly' atmosphere, what happens when my boy grows up. What happens when dad and son become two grown men sitting in the family stand taking up much needed 'family seats'? Will we be relocated? If so, can I have my old seats back?

Also, is there anything to the rumour that this is 'just the beginning'? That the whole of East Tier Two is earmarked for corporates? That kids season discounts wil become a thing of the past unless you're in the North Stand? That season tickets in that part of the stadium will soar in price?

I am now very worried about the future of my 'matchday experience'. I suspect that I'm not the only one.

Please put my mind at rest.

Saul

EDIT: If anyone else has heard anything about these rumours, please post them. I hope there is no substance.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Dear Mr. Cook, What happens when my lad grows up?

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:29 pm

I would hope that corporate business would come only after a big extension.

Agree with you on the family stands. When our kids were young I avoided family stands at all costs in the interests of a 'better match day experience'. Ugh.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:30 pm

If you choose to relocate when your son reaches the age at which City deem him no longer a child (16) then you will be evicted from the North Stand.

Your son is 9 years old now. 7 years is a long time in football but say we do become this all powerful footballing force. You'll find it hard to get a season ticket at all. At least in 7 years the expansion will most likely have taken place?

This situation is probably more worrying for supporters who's lads are 12 or 13 at the moment. In 3 years time I expect the ground to be sold out completely meaning they'll have no where to go when they reach 16.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Fish111 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Don't worry about it Saulman. If/when we become a world power you will not be able to afford a season ticket for your lad so it will solve a problem you currently have.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Only just seen this now! But ive been wondering what was going on with people talking about relocating.

IMO its a good idea, in the sense that I wont get dodgy looks when im effing and blinding and going mad for it in the east stand / colin bell corner.

Surely its an attempt to improve the atmosphere?
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:00 pm

I think this is a shocking idea that I'm deeply suspicious of.
It doesn't directly effect me, as I'm an old boy who shouts and swears a lot in the South Stand, and I will continue to do so. But my lad wants to bring his son, but refuses point blank to go and sit with the families in the North Stand. He says that the matchday experience his son likes, is the same one he had as a nipper, with the lads singing and getting involved. He can't afford the extra cost involved now to take him in the South Stand.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby saulman » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:15 pm

When I was nine I heard just about every swear word there was, every day in the playground at school. My lad knows not to repeat what he hears or he'll be in trouble. If I wanted to protect him from that type of language, I'd relocate. I don't because I like the people we sit with. I would prefer to have a choice in this.

.....and that poll they keep referring to....I did that online. It turned out that I clicked the wrong button in the end and it didn't register but what I do know is that at no stage was it suggested that we might have to relocate. If that had been a question it would have been an emphatic 'NO' and I'm sure that most people would feel the same way. If they're saying that 81% expressed suport for changes, then the questions were misleading and people did not understand the implications.

If City want a better match day experience for everyone, then they should listen to those who are currently happy. My situation is not broken so why are they intent on trying to fix it?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:29 pm

I understand peoples concerns and I was a little worried myself, believing that I would be paying around fifteen hundered notes for me and the 2 lads. However, when I looked at the actual overall cost it actually turned out to be about the same as this year (slight increase). My mate is keeping his seats in the North Stand for another year so faces no major change, and like he said, if you want success it has to be paid for. He, like me, understands the need for change not only for experience value that has been talked about, but on financial grounds in order for the club to keep within the guidelines.

And when you compare our tickets to many of them we are aiming to overtake, we are still comparitively cheap. Arsenal, Chelsea and United's most expensive seats are still nearly double to price of ours whilst all the youngsters are charged £190 regardless of where they sit. Compare the £95 or £140 for the junior ticket, then it's not bad at all seeing the most expensive is less than £7.50 per game (or 2 pints).

I know it doesn't seem it at the moment, but I do believe that this new structure is going to be better for us in the future and will bring more supporters in to watch the games, which will help cover the wage bill.

As me old man used to say, 'People Don't Like Change'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:34 pm

As I said in an earlier thread; I recon this is phase 1 of a long term relocation of most of the lower tiers. Eventually they'll have enough demand to hugely increase the ground capacity. Then, the prices for the lower tiers will rocket, they will it fill up with prawn eating rag/Arsenal types & all of us that can't afford it will end up in the Gods, where the tickets will probably be reasonably priced.

I recon the 2nd tier will be made mostly corporate quite soon, possibly inc the family stand, then there'll be a prawnification of the lower sides. They may then do the same with the lower ends if the sides are selling well.

I've no info on that but I recon it fits with the way these things are done & I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. demand from tourists & corporates will be high if we have success.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

I think its a great move by City - they obviously want a better atmosphere and have decided to do something about it.

Its impossible to keep everyone happy but after doing a survey it was like 80% in favour for change....so thats that.
Another thing - Noone should complain about prices as we are fucking cheap as chips compared to others.

Great move IMO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I think its a great move by City - they obviously want a better atmosphere and have decided to do something about it.

Its impossible to keep everyone happy but after doing a survey it was like 80% in favour for change....so thats that.
Another thing - Noone should complain about prices as we are fucking cheap as chips compared to others.

Great move IMO.

I filled in the survey but I don't recall them asking if they should turn the North stand into MacDonalds.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:51 pm

I wasn't too fussed about having to relocate. But i have just had a call from ticket office about my finance application. Apparently there is no space to relocate to in south stand so i have to choose one of the sides
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Makin the north stand a family sections sounds like it could free up seats in the south, clearin the kids out to make room for the more 'hardcore' fans. If it improves atmos, Im all for it... The prices WILL go up and I dont understand why so many seem shocked by this..So you have to relocate your seat!! get over it!!! and I cant ever see it bein a problem gettin a season ticket..

The bit that does worry me is the talk of a corporate tier on one of the stands. If this happens, Ill be fooked off.Im sure we could make them feel unwelcome .. It makes me cringe seein these tossers at football matches.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby btajim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I think its a great move by City - they obviously want a better atmosphere and have decided to do something about it.

Great move IMO.

Families who DON'T want to relocate to behind the Goal in the North Stand face paying far more for Seasoncards. Imagine East Stand Level 2 to North Stand Level 1. It's wrong.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Feed The Goat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Great move IMO.

I filled in the survey but I don't recall them asking if they should turn the North stand into MacDonalds.

there wasn't a question about gettin rid of the kids 95 quid tickets either. I was gonna buy my lad a season ticket this year but I'm not goin to sit in the family section where I would prob be thrown out for swearing anyway. So now city the club I have followed my whole life are pricing my lad out of coming everyweek by setting up some ridiculous stand at one end of the ground. Shaun doesn't come to the game because they serve decent chips the same as me I don't go cos the beer is poured quickly we go cos we love man city and it should be kept affordable for people to sit where they want
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby saulman » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Great move IMO.

It's very easy to say when it doesn't affect you directly, Carl. At first, I thought it wasn't a bad idea either. But when I got thinking about it, it's deffo the thin end of the wedge. There will be massive 'prawnification' (I like that, Ted) at Eastlands and it will only serve to fuck the atmosphere up.

A friend of mine sits in East with her two sons. She goes to the game with their uncle, granddad and a bunch of mates. They all sit together in the same block just above the away fans and level with the goal. There's probably around 10 of them in all. All very close and they enjoy a massive social gathering at every game. They shout and scream as much as anyone but now she's facing separating these kids (aged 8 & 9) from everyone they've been attending the match with as long as they can remember.

Does Mr. Cook really believe he's acting in their best interest by introducing these measures?

......and what about all the poor fuckers who enjoy sitting in the North stand but don't have any kids? They're getting moved along too. This isn't some fucking game where you more pieces around on a board. This is about people who've given their hard earned cash to watch shite every season, and just when things finally start to look up, they get shit on from the comfy seats in the Colin Bells stand. Seats, I hasten to add, that have occupants who will not be relocated anywhere.
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:42 pm

saulman wrote:

Great move IMO.

It's very easy to say when it doesn't affect you directly, Carl. At first, I thought it wasn't a bad idea either. But when I got thinking about it, it's deffo the thin end of the wedge. There will be massive 'prawnification' (I like that, Ted) at Eastlands and it will only serve to fuck the atmosphere up.

A friend of mine sits in East with her two sons. She goes to the game with their uncle, granddad and a bunch of mates. They all sit together in the same block just above the away fans and level with the goal. There's probably around 10 of them in all. All very close and they enjoy a massive social gathering at every game. They shout and scream as much as anyone but now she's facing separating these kids (aged 8 & 9) from everyone they've been attending the match with as long as they can remember.

Does Mr. Cook really believe he's acting in their best interest by introducing these measures?

......and what about all the poor fuckers who enjoy sitting in the North stand but don't have any kids? They're getting moved along too. This isn't some fucking game where you more pieces around on a board. This is about people who've given their hard earned cash to watch shite every season, and just when things finally start to look up, they get shit on from the comfy seats in the Colin Bells stand. Seats, I hasten to add, that have occupants who will not be relocated anywhere.

What in your opinion is the best way to generate atmosphere? as this is the reasoning (I take it) for moving people around.

What would you propose.....in the past there was no little kids or old people in the Kippax at main rd.and quite right too as the things that went on there was mental.....................what do we do at coms to generate the same atmosphere?????
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:11 pm

saulman wrote:

Great move IMO.

With kids as an exception, is it really essential that these large groups of friends or family members have to sit together??? Iv been to no end of games where me and my mates have sorted tickets individually and not been sat together.It really doesnt bother me as Im not at the game to socialise and natter- Im there to watch the game and get behind the team. Yeah, we go up togther,drink together before and after the game, and at half time, but I dont really give a toss during the game.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ashton287 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:13 pm

its bollocks, what they should have done was made the north stand available to families FIRST and told anyone intrested in it what they were planning on doing there for the kids so anyone that WANTED to relocate there could have first refusal, and then let anyone who didnt want to take advantage of there gay arse family crap keep there seats, its the soft cunts that go mithering to the stewards when they hear a swear word next to there precious kids that have caused this.

and before anyone starts no i dont give a fuck about other peoples kids and anyone who thinks there kids dont swear when there not around is a dillusional fuck that needs to get there head out there arse and go recycle some plastic bottles or whatever it is you puffs do for fun these days.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Great move IMO.

there wasn't a question about gettin rid of the kids 95 quid tickets either. I was gonna buy my lad a season ticket this year but I'm not goin to sit in the family section where I would prob be thrown out for swearing anyway. So now city the club I have followed my whole life are pricing my lad out of coming everyweek by setting up some ridiculous stand at one end of the ground. Shaun doesn't come to the game because they serve decent chips the same as me I don't go cos the beer is poured quickly we go cos we love man city and it should be kept affordable for people to sit where they want

The £95 tickets havent been got rid of, you just have less of a choice - and if you want a ticket for a fiver a game, why should the club not dictate where they offer these tickets. If you chose not to sit there, you have not been priced out, you have made your own personal choice not to take advantage of the offer.

As for priced out - its only £45 more than the north stand tickets, yes its more, but you want the choice you pay your money.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum