Hate Figures vs Can Do No Wrong Figures

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hate Figures vs Can Do No Wrong Figures

Postby ant london » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:34 pm

OK...I have once again exposed my vehement dislike of Richard Dunne (which was for most of his City career if I'm honest. Just never rated him and was dying for us to get rid)

I fully understand that most disagree with me and not looking to convince anyone BUT my vitriol did get me thinking about the bizarre dislikes of some players that most of us have (and that many don't understand)

Equally...some players are bizarrely adored and can do no wrong in some eyes

So here are mine and my stab at some of yours

Hate Figure
Richard Dunne - Ant London
Micah Richards - IBH
Martin Petrov - Piccs
Carlos Tevez - Guv111
Robinho - Sister of Fu

Saintly Figure
Javier Garrido - Bingo Lewis
Roberto Mancini - NQDP ;-)
Robinho - R_I_G / Rag Hater
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: Hate Figures vs Can Do No Wrong Figures

Postby HeyMark » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Hate Figure
De Jong - PBL

Can Do No Wrong
Samaras - Me

Even up until the day he went to celtic I was still convinced he'd make it with us if he was given a run in the side, still defend him even now when talking with my celtic supporting mates
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ant london » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:47 pm

HeyMark wrote:Hate Figure
De Jong - PBL

Can Do No Wrong
Samaras - Me

Even up until the day he went to celtic I was still convinced he'd make it with us if he was given a run in the side, still defend him even now when talking with my celtic supporting mates

haha....yeah I must confess that I had the Samaras feeling re Rolando Bianchi too

Oh and I always fucking hated Benjani and his stupid dopey smile too.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beeks » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Can Do No Wrong - Glauber Berti (Everyone)

also a weird 'Can Do No Wrong' was/is Bojinov...despite him having a worse injury record than RSC (Which I'm Sure Is On A Lot Of Hate Lists) Boj seemed to miraculously escape any shit whatsoever...in fact...everyone was constantly saying how good he was even when crocked?!?!

Go figure?!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:50 pm

[highlight]Hate Figure[/highlight]
Garrrrry Cook - ME - is systematically using the same business model as the Trafford lot in regard to its supporters. We are officially called customers internally at the club and its all about the "city experience" aka: identifying which of us they can get more cash out of.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby btajim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:52 pm

ant london wrote:OK...I have once again exposed my vehement dislike of Richard Dunne (which was for most of his City career if I'm honest. Just never rated him and was dying for us to get rid)

You're so wrong about Dunne. He marshalled a Defence that was one of the tightest in the Premiership and was sorely missed when Toure & Lescott were leaking Goals earlier in the season. He's now done brilliantly at Villa. Admittedly, I wasn't gutted when he went - but it was more his dip in form being shown up against the brilliant seasons he had previously had.

I hated Anelka with a passion. His own demeanour screamed about his lack of interest in being at City. Look at him barely cracking a smile after he scored a Goal.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby bobadji » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Can Do No Wrong

Bellamy - IBH

I love Kompany, i hate to be on my own.
bobadji

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby bobadji » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 pm

double post, but I also like Robinho, and hope he'll come back.
bobadji

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:58 pm

My hate figure is not a player...it's.....DOUGLAS HIGGINBOTTOM...ever since I found out he was younger than me...:-)

(I think he lies about his age)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Ireland has to be up there in 'Can Do No Wrong' with most City fans after his one season wonder, no matter how many managers he blames for his shit seasons before.

Toure's a massive hate figure for me though. The guy is shite and as I've said he'll cost us big time at some point.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:05 pm

I've not really got hate figures but, like many, I call a spade a spade and if anyone isn't playing well I tell them or express my opinion as a simple fact. If they're getting paid umpteen grand a week they can bloody well deliver. I wont name names as most know who isn't playing well at the moment (I hope). One or two are, of course, blind to the obvious, both in good play and bad.

It annoys me that so many have 'saintly figures'. They often don't dispute the poor play, but it is always things like:

"well he's an academy player..."
"he was good for us 1/2/5/x years ago"
"but he scored a brilliant goal against so-and-so"
"but he's been our player of the year x times"
"the next game is ideal for ................, just the player we need" (despite him being shite for 6 months)
"his dad was brilliant" - Nicky Summerbee special. In fact his dad had his fair share of abuse at the time, but people only remember the rosy bits!
"He's the future, don't ruin his confidence" - usually about 3 months before 'he' goes to Chesterfield or somewhere forever
"but he's a brilliant flair player to unlock the defence" - after 'he' has given the ball away about 25 times in a match
"it's all Hughes/Mancini's fault" - an excellent phrase used, for example, by Hughes-haters for Robinho, until of course he was shite under Mancini too (Robson-lovers excepted!!)! Definitely an over-used excuse though. Also originally used for Jo LOL!

I honestly dont believe a lot of fans understand the requirements of being a top team and are happy to plod along as dull old City, indulging players who dont deliver or who, most important in our new-found hierarchy, give the ball away repeatedly. Do the business or dont play chaps.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Hate Figure - any Man U player

The end.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fish111 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Hate Figure:

Robinho - The ONLY player that i have come to detest. Don't shit on my club you gobby, over-hyped, self-obsessed little wanker.

Can Do No Wrong:

No-one - Everyone is entitled to be slaughtered if they perform shit.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm

john@staustell wrote:I've not really got hate figures but, like many, I call a spade a spade and if anyone isn't playing well I tell them or express my opinion as a simple fact. If they're getting paid umpteen grand a week they can bloody well deliver. I wont name names as most know who isn't playing well at the moment (I hope). One or two are, of course, blind to the obvious, both in good play and bad.

It annoys me that so many have 'saintly figures'. They often don't dispute the poor play, but it is always things like:

"the next game is ideal for ................, just the player we need" (despite him being shite for 6 months)
"his dad was brilliant" - Nicky Summerbee special. In fact his dad had his fair share of abuse at the time, but people only remember the rosy bits!
"He's the future, don't ruin his confidence" - usually about 3 months before 'he' goes to Chesterfield or somewhere forever
"but he's a brilliant flair player to unlock the defence" - after 'he' has given the ball away about 25 times in a match
"it's all Hughes/Mancini's fault" - an excellent phrase used, for example, by Hughes-haters for Robinho, until of course he was shite under Mancini too (Robson-lovers excepted!!)! Definitely an over-used excuse though. Also originally used for Jo LOL!

I honestly dont believe a lot of fans understand the requirements of being a top team and are happy to plod along as dull old City, indulging players who dont deliver or who, most important in our new-found hierarchy, give the ball away repeatedly. Do the business or dont play chaps.

The detail you follow that little tirade up with seems to suggest otherwise:)
Rag_hater

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I've not really got hate figures but, like many, I call a spade a spade and if anyone isn't playing well I tell them or express my opinion as a simple fact. If they're getting paid umpteen grand a week they can bloody well deliver. I wont name names as most know who isn't playing well at the moment (I hope). One or two are, of course, blind to the obvious, both in good play and bad.

The detail you follow that little tirade up with seems to suggest otherwise

As I said - (Robson-lovers excepted!!)! . My contention is that it's a simple fact he wasn't playing well, not an opinion! Two of you disagree though, so fair play.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:36 pm

I've always been weak for utility players with a great attitude, hence my love for Sun and Zabba.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:17 pm

I always have a a deal of tolerence for players with a neat touch....even if everything else they do is utter shite.
And Little Shauny can do no wrong for me. He's so tiny and wee.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beeks » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:He's so tiny and wee.

He can also be poo
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Hate figure

Benjani pisses me off big time
Hughes obviously
Santa Cruz
dozens of complete waste of space shitbags we had in late-90's
Alan Ball

Can do no wrong

SWP
Nedum
Keegan
Goat
Kinky
Kevin Horlock
Niall Quinn
Uwe Rosler
Ali Benarbia
Paul Lake
Jim Cassell
Numerous of top players we had in late 60's and early 70's who I never witnessed live
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:47 pm

john68 wrote:My hate figure is not a player...it's.....DOUGLAS HIGGINBOTTOM...ever since I found out he was younger than me...:-)

(I think he lies about his age)

I am so hurt I can't tell you . My therapist has told me not to respond to such an outrageous allegation.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum