If the unthinkable happens

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: If the unthinkable happens

Postby ruralblue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Socrates wrote:
ruralblue wrote:The unthinkable won't happen, we WILL get six points from the final 3 matches.

is that enough for 17th???

Sorry Soc meant 9 points, little bit head fucked fella.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Socrates » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:05 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Socrates wrote:
ruralblue wrote:The unthinkable won't happen, we WILL get six points from the final 3 matches.

is that enough for 17th???

Sorry Soc meant 9 points, little bit head fucked fella.

If it was still 2 points for a win we'd be safe already ;o)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Grob » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:30 pm

We have the resources to afford a big enough squad of players to fight on 4 fronts for trophies.

I reckon we might win one next season.

Regardless of whether its CL or Europa, we'll be in it to win it.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby eastlandsblue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:13 pm

john68 wrote:Let's all post what we don't like about Mancini.
Is mancini the man?
What happens if we don't make 4th?
What do we do if the unthinkable happens?

It's like that fuclin TV programme where those two old women go scrabbling round a kitchen in the search for bacteria and dirt. If they dig deep enough, they'll find some shit to dig up.

I get the feeling that some on here seem to only get an erection if they can analyse shit.

Why make that shitty response, why not try answering the question, or is it beyond you mr positivety.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:01 am

eastlandsblue wrote:
Is mancini the man?

It's like that fuclin TV programme where those two old women go scrabbling round a kitchen in the search for bacteria and dirt. If they dig deep enough, they'll find some shit to dig up.

I get the feeling that some on here seem to only get an erection if they can analyse shit.

Why make that shitty response, why not try answering the question, or is it beyond you mr positivety.

Because it was such a ridiculous question mate. Sorry if that irks you but it is a sincere opinion. It is simply a duplication of so many negative threads on here that are dealing with City's possible failure.
As we have already gained more Prem points than ever before...and as we are guaranteed to finish higher in the Prem than ever before...even not gaining any further points at all would still mean we have had a successful season.
Which bit of any of that could be considered "UNTHINKABLE"?

I do wish that Mr Positivity could be more positive about your question.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:27 am

john68 wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:
Is mancini the man?

Because it was such a ridiculous question mate. Sorry if that irks you but it is a sincere opinion. It is simply a duplication of so many negative threads on here that are dealing with City's possible failure.
As we have already gained more Prem points than ever before...and as we are guaranteed to finish higher in the Prem than ever before...even not gaining any further points at all would still mean we have had a successful season.

I do wish that Mr Positivity could be more positive about your question.

It was a fair question

Here's 2 for you, if you could kindly answer them

1/ Could taking the europa cup serious, damage our chances of winning the title.

2/ Do you believe addinig another 1pt to next seasons campaign, will make that a successful one
eastlandsblue

Postby gilford » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

john68 wrote:[

Put like that John it does make it sound like a very productive season BUT after spending nearly £300 million on players do you not think that us "negative" supporters should feel the need for us to finish 4th?

I would be ecstatic if we did, but I will be very disappointed if we don't, because we will only have ourselves to blame............
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:07 pm

It is a fact and not an opinion that whatever happens from now, whether we finish 4th or not, it HAS been a very productive season for us. The stats show that, as does comparison with our own illustrious history. We should celebrate that fact and be happy about it.

I don't agree that simply spending £300M means we should feel the need to finish 4th...Though I agree, we should expect a high level of improvement. Money does buy success but it is not the sole factor behind that success, there are other important factors to be considered too...not least time. We have bought our way out of the mid table and into a position where we are challenging to qualify for the CL. Now we are looking to compete against English teams such as the rags, Arsenal and Chelsea, where investment and team construction have been going on for years. These clubs have, over time, evolved into what they presently are. Even our nearer rivals as Villa and Everton are ahead of us on team evolment. They just haven't had the resources to accelerate their evolvement.

The reason that time is important for the richer clubs is that it allowed them to spend and make mistakes. The money then allowed them to buy again..(and sometimes even again) to rectify those mistakes.
It would be unreasonable to expect that every player that city bought with our huge investment would be a success. Football doesn't work that way and we will continue to dip into the transfer kitty until we eventually (sooner rather than later) rectify our mistakes.

I expect us to finish 4th and though I will be disappointed to finish lower, I will still consider this season a success, whilst hoping for more improvement and bigger success next season.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Eastlands,
I am sorry if you took my post as a personal attack and as I quoted you, it would appear it seemed that way...apologies mate.
Yours was the latest in quite a number of negative threads that seemed to focus on our failures, possible failures and weaknesses of our manager and team....In what I assert to have been a good season containing plenty of ups and far fewer downs.

To answer your questions:
Taking the Europa Cup seriously could certainly damage our chances of winning the League next season. It will certainly make the challenge much harder. But so would being in the CL too. Isn't that what City should be aspiring to?
We have a stated ambition to reach the very top of World football and to do that we will have to rise to far harder challenges than we are presently used to. We have to get into the same situations as the likes of the rags and Barca and compete on a number of fronts. Remember that it was City was the 1st English club to win both domestic and European honours back in the 70s.

Another point next season, whether gained or lost, in itself, won't make a great deal of difference to next season mate. There are too many other factors that will define whether we have been successfull or not. Our final league position, how we did in the domestic cups and whether we were successfull in whichever of the 2 European competitions we competed in.

One thing is guaranteed though...The journey will be long and challenging...we will have our successes and our failures. There will be times when we skip and dance and others when we try to slash our wrists...such is football and especially City.
john68

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:
john68 wrote:Dub Mate...you know I love you but FFS...We are having the best season since most of the posters on here were born. We are on the edge of qualifying for the CL, for the 1st time since it was the European Cup in 1968. We are in danger of finishing in our highest ever Prem League position and we have already earned more Prem points than any previous City team. Our League record is only just short of what it was in 1969 when we won the League and better than in 1937, when we were also Champions. This is our best season we have hqad for many many years...
....AND SOME ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME!!!!!!!!...IF IT'S ALL MANCINI'S FAULT...THANKS MANCIO.

I love the fact we were taken over too. I love the fact we're in with a shout of fourth. I love it even more that fourth is in our own hands.

I HATE the fact that I'm not CONFIDENT about it. Its just not me mate.

I promise i'll keep my reservations in check from now until I know its either been achieved or lost. It seems I have upset a few by giving my honest view, so I'll duck out for a while and stop filling the board with my negativity.

I just wish it was Saturday already.

Later.

COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!!
CTID

with all due respect Dub mate, your confidence is down to you and how you look at things. Im not suggesting you become a happy clapper in the face of disaster, but when you raise points about your fears or what you see in the team and its performances.. valid points i will add.. then you will get counter thoughts and opinion some of which could, if you wanted them to, help build your confidence..

i tried to point out in another thread that there are always some who have a negative view of life and kind of revel in it. in my experience it is a lot of work chatting to such people, cos they shift ground just to be able to stay negative. Most people are not like that and will take on persuasive arguments and adjust their beliefs accordingly. You have clearly stated what your concern is and stuck to it so full respect for that.

i mentioned an arguement that would throw doubt on your current pessimism over tactics in another thread a short while back and you admitted i may have had a point.. but you didnt pursue it.. perhaps you didnt want to..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:44 pm

john68 wrote:Eastlands,
I am sorry if you took my post as a personal attack and as I quoted you, it would appear it seemed that way...apologies mate.
Yours was the latest in quite a number of negative threads that seemed to focus on our failures, possible failures and weaknesses of our manager and team....In what I assert to have been a good season containing plenty of ups and far fewer downs.

To answer your questions:
Taking the Europa Cup seriously could certainly damage our chances of winning the League next season. It will certainly make the challenge much harder. But so would being in the CL too. Isn't that what City should be aspiring to?
We have a stated ambition to reach the very top of World football and to do that we will have to rise to far harder challenges than we are presently used to. We have to get into the same situations as the likes of the rags and Barca and compete on a number of fronts. Remember that it was City was the 1st English club to win both domestic and European honours back in the 70s.

Another point next season, whether gained or lost, in itself, won't make a great deal of difference to next season mate. There are too many other factors that will define whether we have been successfull or not. Our final league position, how we did in the domestic cups and whether we were successfull in whichever of the 2 European competitions we competed in.

One thing is guaranteed though...The journey will be long and challenging...we will have our successes and our failures. There will be times when we skip and dance and others when we try to slash our wrists...such is football and especially City.

No need to apolgise John, but you answered my main point very fairly, and made a decent point about qualifying for the CL.

But I see it this way, if we qualify for the CL, we can attract the type of player we need to challenge for the title, first and foremost. Then have a squad good enough to fight on all fronts, the season after, which happens to be the year when EUFA bring in their new guidelines on the clubs earnings. The type of player we get, is more important than the CL itself, but thats only my oppinion.

Lets hope the season becomes, even more successful over the next 10 days.
eastlandsblue

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum