Vlad The Impaler

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Vlad The Impaler

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Vladimir Weiss is hoping to help City into the Champions League...from nearly 200 miles away.
The World Cup bound youngster, who is on loan at Bolton, is keeping his fingers crossed that he starts his second full game for Wanderers against Spurs at White Hart Lane.

And he admits that he would like nothing more than to score the goal that dents Harry Redknapp’s ambitions and gives the Blues an end of season leg up.

Weiss starred in Bolton’s 2-2 home draw with Portsmouth on Saturday and with Owen Coyle’s side now safe, he’s hoping to be given the nod to give the Londoners something to think about.

“I’ll be doing everything I can if I play against Spurs to ensure Bolton win,” he said.

Stopping Spurs will help City and it would be incredible if I scored a goal that eventually helped us qualify for Champions League football next season

Weiss made 10 appearances from the bench for the Trotters before finally making his full debut against Pompey and admits he was relieved to finally make it into Coyle’s starting eleven.

“I found it a little difficult at the start and if I’m honest, I was hoping to get my first start a little sooner than last weekend because I went to Bolton believing I’d be playing regular first team football,” he went on.

“With the World Cup coming up, I need to play to be in with a chance of winning a place in the Slovakian squad for South Africa this summer, but that hasn’t really happened, though I’ve come on as a sub in most games.

“I’ve had my fitness coach over from Slovakia and I’ve been doing my best to keep sharp over the past few months so I was ready when needed.

“The Bolton manager explained that Chung-Yong Lee was doing well and that made it hard for me to get into the team, but I’ve been patient and I finally got my chance against Portsmouth.”

After creating two goals from the bench against Stoke a few weeks back, Weiss again impressed by setting up Kevin Davies’ goal last Saturday and it looks like he may be hitting peak form at just the right time.

“Yeah, I set up both against Stoke and played quite well, so I was sort of hoping to get a start against Portsmouth. I think I did OK so I’m desperate to keep my place for the match at Tottenham this weekend.

“I love City and would like to stay with the club for many years to come and next season could be very exciting for us. Obviously I would love to be part of that, so if I can help Bolton beat Spurs, I will, you can be certain of that.”

Good to read the last bit.
How good would it be if one of our own could help us by not even kicking a ball in City shirt since Jan :)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Vlad The Impaler

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:25 pm

yeah i read this with glee..

it will certainly be interesting to see him try, rekon he will get selected after 3 assists in two games.
But yes, will be interesting to see how he goes about trying to do this.. he has 2 really massive incentives, 1 to help City for personal and club reasons, 2nd to get some serious practice in before the WC against decent opposition.. he will be wanting to test himself so i can forsee a really no holes barred performance from him..

good luck Vlad.. think of it as a WC game against the england defense and show em what they are in store for..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby HeyMark » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:45 pm

He certainly says all the right stuff does weiss
HeyMark

Postby Feed The Goat » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:57 pm

My mate is a Bolton fan and said Miami played really well last weekend.

Pannini the cheeky bastards put wiess as a Bolton player in the world cup sticker book
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:48 pm

HeyMark wrote:He certainly says all the right stuff does weiss

Maybe Robinho should take note.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 pm

would have loved to hear something passionate from that cheeky little cunt who thinks he has designs on England's No 1 that echoes these sentiments.

thanks Vlad...we need you son. Fight for our lives.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:00 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:would have loved to hear something passionate from that cheeky little cunt who thinks he has designs on England's No 1 that echoes these sentiments.

cheers

I was thinking the exact same thing while reading that ,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby edge275 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
HeyMark wrote:He certainly says all the right stuff does weiss

Maybe Robinho should take note.

You know what mate I was thinking about this cunt the other day, and if he'd have done this season what we fucking well bought him for we'd have been another 6 points or so better off and clear for 4th.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby gaudy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:19 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:would have loved to hear something passionate from that cheeky little cunt who thinks he has designs on England's No 1 that echoes these sentiments.

cheers

was thinking the same thing today,he's got a very short f**kin memory.

nice to read that piece from vlad,
seems like a good one who knows he has to work hard,didnt get his place like he thought he would at bolton due to other players but got his head down and didnt complain.
well in vlad lad
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Bear60 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:45 pm

What a fantastic attitude the boy has got. I sincerely hope that he ends up as a Manchester City legend and has a stand named after him one day.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Vhero » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:23 am

Would be sick if he sank spurs this weekend.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Vhero wrote:Would be sick if he sank spurs this weekend.

sick in the extreme.. fantastically sick

as i mentioned he has good reason to try, would be amazing if he could help inspire Bolton to some heroics.

i have only seen Vlad in the Gamper game at Camp Nou.. but he was completely unfazed and the only City player to consistently have a go at them.. frightened the fuck out of them as well.. top lad. I rekon his playing for his nation side from such an early age has really helped the lad's mental attitude.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Return to The Maine Football forum