What are your reservations about Mancini?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What are your reservations about Mancini?

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:16 pm

dazby wrote:
bluej wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:My reservations are that he'll get to far embroiled in tactics. The top PL teams are well organised & tactically fairly sound but they don't get particularly tactical apart from on the odd occasion when they're missing players or in very occasional one off games.

Most of the mid to lower table teams are the ones who go big on tactics & formations because they have inferior players. The best PL teams allow their best players to play & only get tactical when they absolutely have to. The rags in particular take risks, they play to win in 95% of games. They get players behind the ball & in fact have a better shape than we do but they spring forward & attack when they can, even if it sometimes leaves them open. They gamble but often win & it scares the opposition.

It's not possible just to play like that by throwing a switch, it needs work & it's prone to mistakes. Some people are unable to recognise it but Hughes was trying to do it that way & got sacked because of the mistakes. If Mancini's not careful though, he'll get sacked because he's too scared to make them.

That's a great post.

It sure is and embodies what I was going to respond with but far more eloquently. Mancini is bringing Italian tactics to the English prem and is suffering from a cultural clash. I am certain that the players do not fully understand the messages the coaches are trying to convey yet, particularly the goalkeepers. This will take time. I'd like to see Mancio embrace the English style a bit more and the players accept the Italian way also. When this happens we will be fine.

I also have a major reservation about the subs Mancio made in the derby. Fooking ridiculous they were.

Good thread BTW.

Ancelotti has embraced the English game.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:34 pm

the best case scenario would be that Mancini develops a new hybrid style.. best best case that is niether italian or english but perhaps takes inspiration from both.. iether way he is not going to achieve that by clicking his fingers.. it is going to take time with a steady group of players and key additions. Next season he is going to be genuinely under the spotlight from us lot having brought players in and a pre-season to really prepare what he wants.
There are some good points made in this thread but i will say again i think it is premature.. that said it will be interesting when we revisit the topic this time next year
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:45 pm

brite blu sky wrote:the best case scenario would be that Mancini develops a new hybrid style.. best best case that is niether italian or english but perhaps takes inspiration from both.. iether way he is not going to achieve that by clicking his fingers.. it is going to take time with a steady group of players and key additions. Next season he is going to be genuinely under the spotlight from us lot having brought players in and a pre-season to really prepare what he wants.
There are some good points made in this thread but i will say again i think it is premature.. that said it will be interesting when we revisit the topic this time next year

Why he'd need a monsterous transfer budget to achieve that....oh wait.

hehehe.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Slim wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:the best case scenario would be that Mancini develops a new hybrid style.. best best case that is niether italian or english but perhaps takes inspiration from both.. iether way he is not going to achieve that by clicking his fingers.. it is going to take time with a steady group of players and key additions. Next season he is going to be genuinely under the spotlight from us lot having brought players in and a pre-season to really prepare what he wants.

Why he'd need a monsterous transfer budget to achieve that....oh wait.

hehehe.

It may do but only to sign a few players imo. I think we've got most of the players we need & a squad better than the top teams but we lack a few reliable confident top stars who deliver year in year out. They have those players in key positions & we only have Tevez who's reached that level. Add a few more of that level to this squad + a couple of decent fullbacks & we've got a squad that should be capable of playing the passing game, long ball, short ball, crossing for headers, ultra defensive, ultra attacking, counter attacking etc; we should be capable of anything. Just need the right man in charge. Hopefully that turns out to be Mancini.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum