What are your reservations about Mancini?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What are your reservations about Mancini?

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Slim wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:My main reservation is his lack of experience in the Premiership coupled with his lack firsthand knowledge about the players in the squad. Inexperience can lead to making mistakes and a degree of over caution when assessing a situation.

He seemed to get to grips with the players relatively quickly so really its just the lack of Premeriership experience for which the only solution is time. Given the situation time was and is not on Mancini's side but thats the hand he chose to play and has done so with (imo) considerable skill and thankfully without a shedload of excuses.

Whether he can close out the deal remains to be seen. Irrespective of whether he does or doesn't close out the deal I would like to see him in charge for a full season with the proviso that we are aiming for a credible challenge for the PL title with a CL spot as a given.

So no reservations other than he didn't manage here before?

Nothing you've seen has caused you any reservations? It certainly is a game of interpretation, that is becoming more evident in every passing week.

You asked for reservations and I gave you my main reservation so whats the problem? Not 'reservation' enough? I've explained enough times what I think of Mancini and the job that he is doing.

You don't like him I get. You think he isn't as good as Hughes I get.

You started a thread asking/looking for the downside of a manager whose has been in situ for 4 months after coming in half way through a season. How about a thread asking what are the positives about Mancini? For starters the fact he is so hands on coaching wise. The fact that he knows how to organise a team.

Change your name to NQD and the manager to Hughes and its last season all over again minus the shite results.

And they start to catch up. Welcome to reality. Next look for mcfc1632's campaign against Hughes criticism whether it exists or not(certainly the lack of it has not slowed his post count down on the subject).

I know its just not fair.

Boo fucking hoo, grow a pair and give an honest assessment of how you feel about the manner of our performances instead of whinging like a fucking bitch because someone gave GENUINE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. You're one of those that blames everything BUT the manager. "new league", "no first hand knowledge of the players".... what about what he HAS contributed to our style of play? what about how you really feel when you watch your beloved team play the big boys? I never said I felt hughes was better than Mancini, but the shit YOU spouted about the last guy seems to ok for the current one and as I said before it stinks of fake shit.

Slim, you're the first cunt to point out that I'm "passive aggressive" in my "anti-Mancini" campaign. Its plain as day that you are just plain old passive about him. In fact, you think he can do no wrong. You keep calling for me to "get behind the team when they need us most", "think like a winner"... by God you've changed your tune.

I never once questioned your support for whinging on a daily basis about everything the last guy did, yet when I give CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM about the guy in charge now, I'm not being a city supporter?

Before I go - someone asked why I didn't start a thread about all the things that Mancini does well as a manager? The answer is because there's enough of those already.

I started this thread to give EVERYONE an opportunity to voice any concerns they may have over his management going into this vital time and again no one stepped to the plate. The people on here who are more than willing to question the support of anyone who raises an eyebrow at Mancini have NO RESERVATIONS WHATSOEVER ABOUT MAN CITY UNDER MANCINI. Lying cunts the lot of you.

Dress it up how you like - but I bet the reason that nearly everyone is apprehensive about our chances of winning two home games is not because its "typical city", its not because of "spurs super form", its not because of "our recent poor form"... its because we no longer seem to have the ability to ATTACK decent teams. To tell them that we will attack the shit out of them because they are visiting OUR turf and they better be ready for an onslought. To tell them that fourth is ours to lose and its a fucking shame for them.

Instead, there's a lack of confidence and it s because of whatever the fuck it is that the manager has instilled in his team prior to every big game.

Getting slaughtered for saying what I feel is obvious is just bizzarre. Its one thing to support, its another thing to close your eyes because its Roberto Mancini.
Original Dub

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:02 pm

We could be better against better opposition;
Liverpool at home - most boring game I've ever seen
Manure at home (PL) - were nothing special and we could've upped the ante
Arsenal away - again, there for the taking.

From those three games we could've had another 5 maybe 7 points on the board, which would've put us firmly in the Champs League position.
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:My main reservation is his lack of experience in the Premiership coupled with his lack firsthand knowledge about the players in the squad. Inexperience can lead to making mistakes and a degree of over caution when assessing a situation.

He seemed to get to grips with the players relatively quickly so really its just the lack of Premeriership experience for which the only solution is time. Given the situation time was and is not on Mancini's side but thats the hand he chose to play and has done so with (imo) considerable skill and thankfully without a shedload of excuses.

Whether he can close out the deal remains to be seen. Irrespective of whether he does or doesn't close out the deal I would like to see him in charge for a full season with the proviso that we are aiming for a credible challenge for the PL title with a CL spot as a given.

So no reservations other than he didn't manage here before?

Nothing you've seen has caused you any reservations? It certainly is a game of interpretation, that is becoming more evident in every passing week.

You asked for reservations and I gave you my main reservation so whats the problem? Not 'reservation' enough? I've explained enough times what I think of Mancini and the job that he is doing.

You don't like him I get. You think he isn't as good as Hughes I get.

You started a thread asking/looking for the downside of a manager whose has been in situ for 4 months after coming in half way through a season. How about a thread asking what are the positives about Mancini? For starters the fact he is so hands on coaching wise. The fact that he knows how to organise a team.

Change your name to NQD and the manager to Hughes and its last season all over again minus the shite results.

And they start to catch up. Welcome to reality. Next look for mcfc1632's campaign against Hughes criticism whether it exists or not(certainly the lack of it has not slowed his post count down on the subject).

I know its just not fair.

Boo fucking hoo, grow a pair and give an honest assessment of how you feel about the manner of our performances instead of whinging like a fucking bitch because someone gave GENUINE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. You're one of those that blames everything BUT the manager. "new league", "no first hand knowledge of the players".... what about what he HAS contributed to our style of play? what about how you really feel when you watch your beloved team play the big boys? I never said I felt hughes was better than Mancini, but the shit YOU spouted about the last guy seems to ok for the current one and as I said before it stinks of fake shit.

Slim, you're the first cunt to point out that I'm "passive aggressive" in my "anti-Mancini" campaign. Its plain as day that you are just plain old passive about him. In fact, you think he can do no wrong. You keep calling for me to "get behind the team when they need us most", "think like a winner"... by God you've changed your tune.

I never once questioned your support for whinging on a daily basis about everything the last guy did, yet when I give CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM about the guy in charge now, I'm not being a city supporter?

Before I go - someone asked why I didn't start a thread about all the things that Mancini does well as a manager? The answer is because there's enough of those already.

I started this thread to give EVERYONE an opportunity to voice any concerns they may have over his management going into this vital time and again no one stepped to the plate. The people on here who are more than willing to question the support of anyone who raises an eyebrow at Mancini have NO RESERVATIONS WHATSOEVER ABOUT MAN CITY UNDER MANCINI. Lying cunts the lot of you.

Dress it up how you like - but I bet the reason that nearly everyone is apprehensive about our chances of winning two home games is not because its "typical city", its not because of "spurs super form", its not because of "our recent poor form"... its because we no longer seem to have the ability to ATTACK decent teams. To tell them that we will attack the shit out of them because they are visiting OUR turf and they better be ready for an onslought. To tell them that fourth is ours to lose and its a fucking shame for them.

Instead, there's a lack of confidence and it s because of whatever the fuck it is that the manager has instilled in his team prior to every big game.

Getting slaughtered for saying what I feel is obvious is just bizzarre. Its one thing to support, its another thing to close your eyes because its Roberto Mancini.

Two lines, take a fishing lesson from the master, cunt.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Arsehole.

Still, I got to vent in what is a very stressful week.

I just want someone to tell me everything is going to be alright. And not one of you cunts could do that.
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:13 pm

I havent read the thread but Im sure my points will have been mentioned (Ill mention them anyway just incase) : He can be overly cautious in some matches (either his approach to the match or his reaction to events during it), he also has a frustrating habbit of letting someone have a couple of fantastic performances then dropping them from the first eleven (like Ned very recently, plus a couple of others fairly recently) - overall I don't have too much critism for him really.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Dameerto wrote:I havent read the thread but Im sure my points will have been mentioned (Ill mention them anyway just incase) : He can be overly cautious in some matches (either his approach to the match or his reaction to events during it), he also has a frustrating habbit of letting someone have a couple of fantastic performances then dropping them from the first eleven (like Ned very recently, plus a couple of others fairly recently) - overall I don't have too much critism for him really.

Great point re Ned. What was all that about actually?! I presumed he'd taken a knock.

Listen, for all you decent posters (and sandman) who reckon I want to see Mancini gone because I'm sad the last guy left -

I want to see him take charge and attack the shit out of two teams on our own turf. I want it to work out for the guy, I'm sick of all the changes, but he has to do it NOW.

There seems to be a lack of confidence that we'll achieve fourth and I've given my reasons. If the people in this thread do really have as much faith in the guy as they say, they should know in their heart and soul that fourth is an almost certainty.
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Original Dub wrote:I started this thread to give EVERYONE an opportunity to voice any concerns they may have over his management going into this vital time and again no one stepped to the plate. The people on here who are more than willing to question the support of anyone who raises an eyebrow at Mancini have NO RESERVATIONS WHATSOEVER ABOUT MAN CITY UNDER MANCINI. Lying cunts the lot of you.

Everybody pay attention to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread is not about Mancini, it is about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are one of my yardsticks on this site. I know that if I find myself disagreeing with you, I am basically on solid ground.

So cheers for that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 pm

-There's an element of style over substance with him as a person. i.e. Groomed hair, sharp suits, that fucking scarf wrapped round his neck when the sun is shining.
-Signing Vieira. Any more over the hill crap and I'll sniper them off the field.
-Over cautious Football. Adebayor needed to start against Arsenal. Perhaps bring him off after we score like Sven would do with players.
-The fact that his record in Italy is brilliant yet Sven had won Titles in 3 Countries. Counted for nothing when he had one idea for City.
-Taking us out of both Cups. Nothing new there!
-Beating just one prominent side in a League Match. Is it only one of the top 7 or 8 that he's beaten in the Prem?

I just haven't warmed to the Guy. I was the same with Keegan from day one. Just found him false or insincere.
Last edited by btajim on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby ashton287 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 pm

just that if he ever dies his hair blonde he's gonna look like jimmy bullards illigitimate father, other than that im good.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I started this thread to give EVERYONE an opportunity to voice any concerns they may have over his management going into this vital time and again no one stepped to the plate. The people on here who are more than willing to question the support of anyone who raises an eyebrow at Mancini have NO RESERVATIONS WHATSOEVER ABOUT MAN CITY UNDER MANCINI. Lying cunts the lot of you.

Everybody pay attention to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread is not about Mancini, it is about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are one of my yardsticks on this site. I know that if I find myself disagreeing with you, I am basically on solid ground.

So cheers for that.

I like being your yardstick, its fun.

Sorry, I didn't catch what it was you disagreed with there mate?
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:You are one of my yardsticks on this site. I know that if I find myself disagreeing with you, I am basically on solid ground.

So cheers for that.

I'm always agreeing with OD. It sounds like you'd disagree with him if he told you not to put your hand in to a burning fire.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:39 pm

The only criticism I have with Bobby is, and probably most peoples concern also, is that I find he doesn't go into games to play attacking football throughout the squad. I get the impression that we have 2 teams on the pitch when we go into a game. We have one team from the keeper, including the defence, and anything between one and 3 midfielders who play a defensive game, and take a defensive approach. Then there is the other team of the three strikers and anything between 0 and 2 midfielders that play the attacking football, they DO take some risks, and they at times look bloody impressive.

My problem with that approach is that I notice at times we have a big gap between defence and attack, and with no box to box or creative midfielder who has the ability to make something happen, or who has the ability to bridge that gap on his own we can sometimes struggle, especially against teams who like to flood the midfield!

On the other hand however, I believe that Bobby is well aware of this, but he has no one at his disposal who either has the ability or the form to play that role. After he has had a summer to spend, what is rumoured to be £200M+ transfer kitty, I honestly think we will see a vast marked improvement not only on the playing staff to a man, but the style of football the team play. I think we will still see the "two team" approach as I put it earlier, but I think with the right players, Bobby will let the full backs push up a bit more and support the attack, and with THAT elusive midfielder that we are crying out for I would imagine top 4 next season is a certainty, even if it isn't quite a certainty this season!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:45 pm

btajim wrote:-There's an element of style over substance with him as a person. i.e. Groomed hair, sharp suits, that fucking scarf wrapped round his neck when the sun is shining.
-Signing Vieira. Any more over the hill crap and I'll sniper them off the field.
-Over cautious Football. Adebayor needed to start against Arsenal. Perhaps bring him off after we score like Sven would do with players.
-The fact that his record in Italy is brilliant yet Sven had won Titles in 3 Countries. Counted for nothing when he had one idea for City.
-Beating just one prominent side in a League Match. Is it only one of the top 7 or 8 that he's beaten in the Prem?

I just haven't warmed to the Guy. I was the same with Keegan from day one. Just found him false or insincere.

I have always had the feeling about Bobby, NOT a reservation, but I haven't been able to put my finger on, but Jim you have just done that for me! I agree with you about him coming across as false, it could be the language barrier, it could just be because he's so cool and collected most of the time, or it could be because he is actually being a bit insincere on occasions!!!
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:Arsehole.

Still, I got to vent in what is a very stressful week.

I just want someone to tell me everything is going to be alright. And not one of you cunts could do that.

Because we don't know its going to be alright. Anymore than say Chelsea supporters know that its going to be alright. The title could go either way. 4th spot could go either way. I'm sure there are Chelsea forums whining about Ancelotti and dropping points against the likes of Wigan and which Chelsea will show up. The nervy lot who just beat Bolton. The timid lot who tanked against Spurs. Or the supurb lot who spanked 7 past Villa and Stoke. I bet Spurs forums are wondering why whenever they travel to a top side this season 'arry loses his bottle and they surrender with barely a whimper and will/can it be different at our place.

We are in the big league now and big prizes will be won and lost on a single match or a single mistake or one crucial slice of good fortune. All Mancini can do is drill, prepare and motivate the players then send them out and pray that no one makes a fuck up in the 94th fucking minute.

You ask about reservations and take us to task because we don't say slag Mancini off for drawing with Arsenal 0-0 becuase they are there for the taking. Well I got fucking news they ain't there for the taking and we ain't Barca just yet. Arsenal are 3rd because even without key 1st team players they are fucking good and unless you go there prepared and organised they will piss down your neck. I ain't interested in going down in style and I want to see City putting in solid defensive perfomances and grinding them out and then taking it further by nicking a 1-0 at the death ala Taggart's mob and having a rep like Chelsea had for being hard fuckers to beat. Under Mancini I can see signs and evidence of this emerging. We are still prone to concentration lapses and our midfield isn't what it should be but I ain't expecting it overnight or even in 4 fucking months.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby john68 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Hughes and Mancini...both a pair of useless twats...Only leading us to our most successful season for many many years. Between them, over the season, getting us more Prem points than any other managers and now they have the temerity to actually get us into Europe...possibly even the Champions league....HOW DARE THEY...
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:51 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:I have always had the feeling about Bobby, NOT a reservation, but I haven't been able to put my finger on, but Jim you have just done that for me! I agree with you about him coming across as false, it could be the language barrier, it could just be because he's so cool and collected most of the time, or it could be because he is actually being a bit insincere on occasions!!!

When Capello got the England Gig, I remember e-mailing one of the Lads at work a link and telling him Postman Pat had taken charge - but I warmed to Capello almost immediately afterwards. He said the right things and did the right things. I was initially cynical thinking it was a Scolari-esque appointment wanting one last pay day. I've got nowhere near that with "Bobby Manciti" and I almost feel contempt for the Blues I see who are copying his scarf look. They look like cunts.

Let's face it, if Mancini disappears this Summer then his pay off will be huge and he's got the pick of jobs in Italy. We've seen so many Managers come and go that it's only natural to be a cynic.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:55 pm

btajim wrote:-There's an element of style over substance with him as a person. i.e. Groomed hair, sharp suits, that fucking scarf wrapped round his neck when the sun is shining.

If you don't like the guy there is nothing that can be said or done and its fair enough. I thought similar of Hughes. Frankly I thought Hughes was an incompetent arsehole - others thought he was a good manager. You pay your money and take your choice I guess.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Strangely, I have no real reservations at the moment............let me think again............no, no real reservations. I've watched from the stands and on TV and actually see what and why he does things. At the start against lower league teams he let the lads loose whilst changing the defensive tactics, which worked. He then went on to strengthen the defensive partnerships and set the formations to defend and try and score on the break - worked sometimes, not so well others.

Come to think of it, I do have a reservation - he didn't bring in an attacking play making midfielder to link the back to the front and force opposition defences back, which I think has been our biggest problem all season. Then again, I seem to remember he tried to, but to no avail, whether a club decision or just bad luck.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:57 pm

john68 wrote:Hughes and Mancini...both a pair of useless twats...Only leading us to our most successful season for many many years. Between them, over the season, getting us more Prem points than any other managers and now they have the temerity to actually get us into Europe...possibly even the Champions league....HOW DARE THEY...

Exactly John, I just don't get why all of a sudden any negative trait of our manager means we should get rid!!! A few years back under Keegan, Sven, Pearce etc.... they ALL had their faults yet we got behind the manager and supported him no matter what!

However now that we have all the money that we have, there seems to be the attidtude creeping into to some of our fans that if we can afford then we should do!!! In other words, if our manager has a fault we should get rid and get someone in the club who doesnt have that fault because we can afford to pay off the manager, pay the wages for a new manager and afford the compensation to pay his old club off!

If some of our fans had their way, we'd have mourinho in..... but then when EVERYTHING is about HIM and NOT about City we'll want rid again..... but then who do we go for, if, as a lot of people keep saying, he's the messiah!!!
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:59 pm

BobKowalski wrote:

If you don't like the guy there is nothing that can be said or done and its fair enough. I thought similar of Hughes. Frankly I thought Hughes was an incompetent arsehole - others thought he was a good manager. You pay your money and take your choice I guess.

-Style over substance is an opinion.
-Vieira is crap.
-The Football is overtly Defensive. Fact.
-Appointing a Coach with no useful experience of English Football is a risk. I'm not counting his stint with Leicester.
-Took us out of both Cups. Fact.
-Beaten just one prominent side in the Premiership. Fact.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum