8 Days.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

8 Days.

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 pm

3 Matches in which to stop the clock on the Big 4 or is it the Big 3 now.That is what confronts our team we will imo if we win the last 3 games go on to break up the cartel for ever and go on to dominate European football for a very long time.This is the magnitude of the 3 matches in 8 days in other words we step up or miss out the finances in the other clubs would only get better as time wore on if we dont break the cartel now and we could miss the boat so to speak.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: 8 Days.

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:15 pm

It all comes down to this, well, for this season anyway ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It all comes down to this, well, for this season anyway ;-)

Yep this season is 8 days long or 20 years in continuom whichever way you want to assess it.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 pm

I think at this stage you are starting the same thread every second night, albeit with a different title Mr Gillie??

Like Nqdp does with mancini ;)
Original Dub

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Massive 3 games coming up and fast, we really can't afford to slip up at this stage (unless others around us slip up aswell)
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 pm

At least the end of the season will be interesting for a change.

My only hope is that Mancini takes a positive approach to all 3 games. When we play to win, we often do. When we play not to lose, we rarely win.

If we play at a high tempo, with 2 strikers, and push up the park, Villa and Spurs will struggle to cope.

And if they somehow manage to cope, then at least we will have tried.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john68 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:03 am

Whatever happens in the next 3 games, the World will not end.
If we succeed and qualify for the CL, we will have to get through the qualifying stages and reasonably well in the group to gain crediblity and make any mark at all.
If we fail and go into the Europa League, the challenge simply continues and life goes on.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:21 am

Grob wrote:At least the end of the season will be interesting for a change.

My only hope is that Mancini takes a positive approach to all 3 games. When we play to win, we often do. When we play not to lose, we rarely win.

If we play at a high tempo, with 2 strikers, and push up the park, Villa and Spurs will struggle to cope.

Sums it up nicely for me.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:00 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Sums it up nicely for me.

& me.

If we make a full effort to win those games & fail, you won't hear me complain. If we try to be cagey tactical smartarses & fail I'll probably still be complaining in July.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby eastlandsblue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:23 am

Its the only way to play, when you have a rookie in goal. we cant be negative and invite Villa Or Spuds to attack us. They must be kept on the back foot for 94 mins in both games
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby sandman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:38 am

john68 wrote:Whatever happens in the next 3 games, the World will not end.
If we succeed and qualify for the CL, we will have to get through the qualifying stages and reasonably well in the group to gain crediblity and make any mark at all.
If we fail and go into the Europa League, the challenge simply continues and life goes on.

I believe it becomes a much greater challenge given that we will have so many more games to play before qualifying for the Champions League.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby eastlandsblue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Although I agree entilely with what your saying John, my personal opinion for qualifying, for the CL, would be for the sole perpose of attracting the bigger players, to mount our challenge for the title, which imo is more important for now
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby Fish111 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:37 pm

My thoughts exactly. Nothing is going to stop the blue juggernaut. If we do not land 4th place then we'll be slagged off to fuck in the press and if we do land 4th and fail in the qualifying stages we'll be slaughtered even more and the scum press would be saying Spurs and Arry would have done better blah blah. I'm patient enough to realise that NEXT year is an even more important one than this as i now beleive we will have Mancini in charge, as mourinho is obviously going to Real madrid, and he will get what will possibly be the last huge war chest the Arabs will be willing to spend on players to go for the league title next year. And in doing so we should finish in the top 2 and avoid the qualification phase of the CL.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum