Fans forum

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fans forum

Postby Lee_Kinda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Cant see any other thread, so here is a quick update on the evening.

In attendance were Danny (pr by the sound of it), Mancini, A Johnson and Vinnie! First abit of signing etc and then eventually on to the questions,

Firstly the big questions, Mancini's favourite pizza topping is cheese and like an Italian ham, cant remember the name. Also his favourite cheese is parmasan.

Mancini thinks Italy will be shit in the world cup and all 3 said they think england will do well

Vinnie doesnt mind all the training, said they all need a rest after big games but no problems in the camp

Johnson is trying to get to the world cup, and will keep his head down and hope for the best

Johnson also said THAT goal was a shot, not a cross. But also mentioned if it was a cross he wouldn't tell anyone

Asked about Torres, after an awkward laugh mancini said he if he wants to come, he would not say no! (IMAGINE!!)

Messi is Mancini's favourite player in the world, but wouldn't answer "is he coming"

He hasn't got a clue about hart and what's going on, apparently!

Johnson said De jong is exactly the same in training as he is on the pitch, mental. Vinnie said he couldn't comment as he was just as bad (in a good way) and that training is like a war zone sometimes, but he wouldn't have it any other way!

Johnson likes manchester and is settling in well.

Vinnie also mentioned not to listen to everything in the papers, just laugh them off "and get on with it" as that's what they do!

It then got a bit heated when the north stand got mentioned, someone stood up and gave a very emotional speech about how annoyed he was about the club. Danny tried to come across well but imo came across a little rude and dismissive, although I am sure he did not intend this.
A good point was raised about the family stand not being for families (i.e uncles, grandads, 3rd and 4th generation families, basically families over 16 going together) Danny didn't really have an answer for this, just that was it.
Also kept saying the aim is to have the ground split into "different experience sections" which to me sounds a little sterile and would actually make atmosphere worse in way, due to different classes of people being separated. Kept going on about the south stand being the south stand, but it was a little disappointing the the "corner" was sort of dismissed in this, which imo is also a key part of the atmosphere and should be given as much respect as the south stand.

One lady did congratulate Danny on all the work for live for city and young blues with all the stuff outside of the ground and in the community, which everyone agreed with.

Also just remembered, mancini mentioned he had 3 italian players in mind that would be of interest to him, but he was still not sure if they would do well in premier league because it is very different.

Vinnie and johnson seemed really nice genuine games, Vinnie was congratulated on his very impressive season, and said he was really pleased everyone was happy with him, also reminding us of his heroics of playing injured last year and that he had an operation over the summer. Seemed a cool guy!

All in all a good evening, but nothing "ground breaking" on the news front. Good work city!

(EDIT >>>>>

Also just remembered it was also mentioned there is no problems in training with bellamy or tevez. Vinnie also seemed to confirm this.

Johnson apparently prefers playing on the right rather than the left, but no one would argue with bellamy on which side he wants.

Also johnson said he learnt more from bellamy than any other player, he loves playing with him and hopes it continues. Although he could never learn how to throw such impressive tantrums

Also I think it was "de nero" from bluemoon who asked at the start why are we so negative which such great strikers. Mancini just said we had improved and we work together as a unit. But says we have more time to go and will get better and better.

I kept hearing the words, "Training mentality" and the mentality of the squad, which sounds like it had changed since hughes

And finally Mancini said its not the end of the world if we dont get 4th because if we dont, we will win the premier league the year after HAHA! Although he did keep mentioning about how important these next two games are!)
Last edited by Lee_Kinda on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Fans forum

Postby Lee_Kinda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Also sorry for the poor spelling and grammar, English is not my strong point. But I hope this is informative!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:54 pm

I was talking to my mate today who is also being moved from the North stand and he is fumming. He sits with a large group of people who were moved all together from Maine Road Inc his 78 yr old Dad and all are being evicted. Said there is no way on earth that they will find enough room in the ground to accomadate them as a group and he is worried that he is gong to be forced into the level 3 of Colin Bell with his elderly parent. I'm wondering if he is the one who spoke out tonight??
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:00 pm

On the 'experience' bit, my mum spoke to club today as a north stander and one of the reasons for the kids end is that they have a lot of complaints about swearing when people take kids in other stands. I appreciate language will always be a little choice, but there's a guy a few rows behind me who makes me blush, the foul mouthed f*#&in c#+t, so i'd be nervous about what new words my 4 year old would learn.
Not sure what it will ultimately do to the atmosphere, but they're clearly trying to group like minded people together - kids in one stand, prawn sandwich brigade on the sides and mentals in the south.
My feelings have also softened when i realised i could stay in my seat and take one of the bin lids for less than it would cost me to relocate. Still feel sorry for those who are being kicked out - maybe they should have built the extra tier before doing this
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Firstly the big questions, Mancini's favourite pizza topping is cheese and like an Italian ham, cant remember the name. Also his favourite cheese is parmasan.

Prosciutto.

Cheers.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Lee_Kinda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Blue Toy wrote:

Prosciutto.

Cheers.

Top of the class!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Lee_Kinda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Also just remembered it was also mentioned there is no problems in training with bellamy or tevez. Vinnie also seemed to confirm this.

Johnson apparently prefers playing on the right rather than the left, but no one would argue with bellamy on which side he wants.

Also johnson said he learnt more from bellamy than any other player, he loves playing with him and hopes it continues. Although he could never learn how to throw such impressive tantrums

Also I think it was "de nero" from bluemoon who asked at the start why are we so negative which such great strikers. Mancini just said we had improved and we work together as a unit. But says we have more time to go and will get better and better.

I kept hearing the words, "Training mentality" and the mentality of the squad, which sounds like it had changed since hughes

And finally Mancini said its not the end of the world if we dont get 4th because if we dont, we will win the premier league the year after HAHA! Although he did keep mentioning about how important these next two games are!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Lee_Kinda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Blue Toy wrote:

Prosciutto.

Cheers.

Actually I withdraw my last post, just checked....erm... lets say another source. and it was bresaola.
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Lee_Kinda wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

Prosciutto.

Cheers.

Actually I withdraw my last post, just checked....erm... lets say another source. and it was bresaola.

Wendsleydale!

Nice work Lee, thanks for the report.

How's it that I never get a ticket, am I always too late?........probably ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Lee_Kinda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:35 pm

I think I've entered 3 times and this is the only one I have got a ticket. I did actually have a spare which I posted up, you should have said!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Cheers for that Lee.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby john68 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 am

I think the Danny bloke is more than likely Danny Wilson...Chief of the "City experience"...I have spoken to him a couple of times and he is a really decent guy.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:19 am

Lee_Kinda wrote:Also sorry for the poor spelling and grammar, English is not my strong point. But I hope this is informative!

Good stuff, Lee. Thanks.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:07 am

Great read that was :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:30 am

All this 'City Experience' stuff is really starting to worry me and i dont know why.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:07 am

lets all have a disco wrote:All this 'City Experience' stuff is really starting to worry me and i dont know why.

Settle Down Big Man!

Lee: Excellent and informative read....don't worry about the Grammar, you came across very well indeed....not that I was marking you!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 am

Excellent post Lee. I think a war zone is taking it a bit far but NDJ and Vinnie certainly don't take prisoners in training.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:51 am

Cheers Lee, appreciate the report.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:13 am

Manx Blue wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:All this 'City Experience' stuff is really starting to worry me and i dont know why.

Settle Down Big Man!

Lee: Excellent and informative read....don't worry about the Grammar, you came across very well indeed....not that I was marking you!

Big man????

I thought i'd have dropped that nickname now,ahh well gym again tonight.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks Lee, that was a good read and informative for though of us who couldn't make it
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum