Fulop joins City on emergency loan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fulop joins City on emergency loan

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Welcome to Fulop and thanks to Sunderland,but a BIG fuck off to the rest of the league. I hope he is professional to the lat and will warm the bench nicely, as I am sure Elephant Man has tried to give him orders to the contrary! He is after the Scum job afterall.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nick (duki blues) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:He will come in play three blinders and you lot that have slated him before he has even played for us will be licking his hairy balls. What's the odds on a thread saying " we should sign Fulop" next week??

He played in goal during Sunderlands crap run of results and last year Gordan could not oust him when he returned from injury. For fuck sake get behind him cause I really can't see him being on the bench come Saturday.

Ha ha ha, well said. Agreed, most of those goals were against the top sides. 10 against Chelsea, 4 against us, 2 each against Spurs and Villa, where Bruce knew he was on a hiding to nothing. He was also in for the Arsenal match where they won 1-0.

When you look at it like that it works out at 18 goals conceded in 8 games against 4 of the top 6 sides in the division 7 of which were in one game against Chelsea that only leaves 6 conceded in the other 5 games played which for a mid table side I don't think he's done to bad.
At the end of the day now we have just gotta get behind him on Saturday and hope he does the job for us
nick (duki blues)
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Birmingham don't have to help us, but we damn sure better never help them cunts again then. Why should we?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby fangsanalsatan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Even Brad Friedal let 7 in then 3 against Chelsea and no one is going to tell me he is a shite keeper. I think it's unfair to judge him when none of us have really seen enough of him to say he is shite or other wise.

Let's not forget, a certain Mr. Hart conceded 6 in a certain game, whereof 4 went through a certain pair of legs.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:54 pm

All I can ask of you guys is too scream loud for us not at the match and support the lad. Anyone got a song yet?
Last edited by Florida Blue on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Hopefully we are still working on getting Hart back.

Fulops decent though, id hope he goes into the team if Joe stays put.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby shawzy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:04 am

At the end of the day.We loaned him out cuz it was best for him to improve and have 1st team footie..Had a fantastic season with Brum and has done his career a world of good.Which why he was loaned in the 1st place.No complaints here if he stays there.Im sure he will get a fantastic send off from the Brummies in the last game.
Its no ones fault Shay got crocked.Shit happens.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 am

Grob wrote:Hopefully we are still working on getting Hart back.

Fulops decent though, id hope he goes into the team if Joe stays put.

Same here id play Fulop for the last 3 games he has prem experience and would handle the pressure beter than Gunnar imo.

He also has a catch rate of 90 odd percent i seen somewhere.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby CitizenYank » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:12 am

I think it will turn out OKAY. We are not asking him to take on the Top Four of the league. Just the fifth and sixty
best teams.

I doubt we will keep clean sheets in the next two games (esp Aston Villa). But I would still stick with Gunner Nelson.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 am

One article stating that Birmingham wanted 1.6 million in compensation because they risked dropping up to 4 places in the league if they were to lose their 2 remaining games.

And on top of that they apparently also wanted extrta money if we finish 4th.

They can well and truly fuck off.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:06 am

avoidconfusion wrote:One article stating that Birmingham wanted 1.6 million in compensation because they risked dropping up to 4 places in the league if they were to lose their 2 remaining games.

I really dont think the first request is that cheeky, I suspected this is what they may have been trying to do. Taking there best player off them when they have a legally binding contract is going to impact them.

They were at it on the 2nd request. But the way we have thrown money around when other teams have had us by the balls (Lescott) I dont really blame them either.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:55 am

avoidconfusion wrote:One article stating that Birmingham wanted 1.6 million in compensation because they risked dropping up to 4 places in the league if they were to lose their 2 remaining games.

They can also fuck right off with their "dreams" of taking Joe Hart, or any other City player for that matter, on loan any time soon. Cunts.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby guv111 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 am

This sorry affair is further proof that City are surrounded by ungrateful, selfish bastards as well as the usual classless clowns. Birmingham are on much the same level as Everton now, as far as I'm concerned. The future is a long, long time, and there's every chance that both those clubs will need some favour - small or large - from City in the future. Maybe Birmingham will need us to turn someone over in order for them to avoid relegation; perhaps Everton might desperately need City to get a result that would help them get into Europe. Maybe we won't try very hard on those occasions, providing there is nothing in it for us. And as for them being loaned players of ours, well I can't see Birmingham profiting from a surplus of talent at Eastlands any time in the near future, and the same should go for Everton.
Last edited by guv111 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Patrick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:02 am

I believe his father Philipe also invented the beach sandal
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:03 am

I think Birmingham shot themselves in the foot here on this deal. A club like that could have sent Joe back and built relations with our club which would have helped when they finally did put in that offer for Joe next season. Now they got no chance I doubt we will even loan him out to them again. All for 3 games too... It's not like they are fighting relegation too as they are safe now..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:23 am

As I understand it this Hart business was blocked by the League, not Birmingham City. So why all the vitriol?

Also I wouldn't be too surprised if either Gunnar or Fulop started on Saturday (someone said it would be 'funny' if Gunnar started). It's about having 2 keepers in case one is injured innit?

Simple but beyond the grasp of some folks.

I still think the way the team is set out Given has been pretty underemployed in the last few months, apart from the odd picking the ball out of the net when some other pillock fucked up.

So any of these keepers, if confident enough, will be fine.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 am

we send them the finest young goalkeep in england for a season, he has saved them at least 10 to 12 points this season (not my words but cunt face mcleish) and they cant even do us the favour of sending him back here when we offer to pay for him! i hope, if they come in for one of our players, even if its benjani we tell them where to go.

im so fucking angry that they even had the cheek to make ludicrous demands. i hope they get fucking buried next year.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:27 am

john@staustell wrote:As I understand it this Hart business was blocked by the League, not Birmingham City. So why all the vitriol?

Also I wouldn't be too surprised if either Gunnar or Fulop started on Saturday (someone said it would be 'funny' if Gunnar started). It's about having 2 keepers in case one is injured innit?

I still think the way the team is set out Given has been pretty underemployed in the last few months, apart from the odd picking the ball out of the net when some other pillock fucked up.

the premier league may have blocked it, but before all that bham were making stupid demands. one of such is to compensate them for any season ticket revenue they lost ahead of next year as a result of slipping down the table. unbe fucking levable
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:29 am

Mike J wrote:
john@staustell wrote:As I understand it this Hart business was blocked by the League, not Birmingham City. So why all the vitriol?

the premier league may have blocked it, but before all that bham were making stupid demands. one of such is to compensate them for any season ticket revenue they lost ahead of next year as a result of slipping down the table. unbe fucking levable

Not measureable surely? They cant be very confident in themselves. In any case a deal was reached, but I reckon Hart will be our number one come August.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Whassat » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:31 am

Personally I am happy with whomever will guard our goal this weekend; And yet, I would prefer if Gunnar gets his chance to prove his worth. Gunnar would be fired up for the occasion and might very well produce a fine show. Fulop have lots to prove too, so he would be fired up as well I guess.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum