Fulop joins City on emergency loan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fulop joins City on emergency loan

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:
"Agreement has not been reached with Birmingham"

So the fucking cunts put the block on Joe coming back, not the Premier League. Disgrace.

Well.

I cannot see them getting Hart next year but I tell you what, I would keep them waiting on that confirmation for as long as we can ...just to fuck with them.

FUCK ME Im a bitter cunt today.

If you were a woman I would bet my house you were due on......!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Not see n that much of Fulop - but I have to say that what I have seen made a good impression
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:09 pm

How many clean sheets has Shay got?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

So the fucking cunts put the block on Joe coming back, not the Premier League. Disgrace.

Well.

I cannot see them getting Hart next year but I tell you what, I would keep them waiting on that confirmation for as long as we can ...just to fuck with them.

FUCK ME Im a bitter cunt today.

If you were a woman I would bet my house you were due on......!!

You may be right......I think Ill go to me mates house for a few vodkas...fuck gym tomorrow.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:13 pm

Sister of fu wrote:He will come in play three blinders and you lot that have slated him before he has even played for us will be licking his hairy balls. What's the odds on a thread saying " we should sign Fulop" next week??

He played in goal during Sunderlands crap run of results and last year Gordan could not oust him when he returned from injury. For fuck sake get behind him cause I really can't see him being on the bench come Saturday.

Ha ha ha, well said. Agreed, most of those goals were against the top sides. 10 against Chelsea, 4 against us, 2 each against Spurs and Villa, where Bruce knew he was on a hiding to nothing. He was also in for the Arsenal match where they won 1-0.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:20 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

Yep. Absolutely disgraceful not wanting to give back there best player who they have a contract with till the end of the year when they are on course for there highest finish ever with half a million a place at stake.

I mean being the richest club in the world is one thing, but don’t they know that everyone should be bending over backwards to help us to.

Gratitude on their part should be the order of the day. Etiquette. Common decency.

I am pretty certain they would have been offered compensation and other carrots in order to help us out.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Blue Toy wrote:Gratitude on their part should be the order of the day. Etiquette. Common decency.

Yeah. Lot’s of that kicking about the Premiership today.
ross.mcfc

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Hart himself said no.

He was royally pissed off about Given coming in to the club and has made some poor comments about City this past season.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Wouldn't be at all surprised if Hart himself said no.

He was royally pissed off about Given coming in to the club and has made some poor comments about City this past season.

I think him making the PFA TEAM is the reason he may be bitter towards us he probably thinks he deserves to be our number one keeper.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Lee_Kinda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Did Birmingham bottle it? ;)
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Lets hope he doesn't turn out to be a fulop.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:He will come in play three blinders and you lot that have slated him before he has even played for us will be licking his hairy balls. What's the odds on a thread saying " we should sign Fulop" next week??

He played in goal during Sunderlands crap run of results and last year Gordan could not oust him when he returned from injury. For fuck sake get behind him cause I really can't see him being on the bench come Saturday.

Ha ha ha, well said. Agreed, most of those goals were against the top sides. 10 against Chelsea, 4 against us, 2 each against Spurs and Villa, where Bruce knew he was on a hiding to nothing. He was also in for the Arsenal match where they won 1-0.

Even Brad Friedal let 7 in then 3 against Chelsea and no one is going to tell me he is a shite keeper. I think it's unfair to judge him when none of us have really seen enough of him to say he is shite or other wise.

I just know for a fact that when he runs out on Saturday i will cheer his name and get beind him like I do with the rest of the lads. I'm pretty sure the guy has a point to prove to the Elephant man and will wanna help us secure that 4th spot.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:49 pm

End of season stats are all that count, so hopefully played 16, conceded 24, 5 clean sheets.
Manci, Manci, sign him up
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 pm

a BIG FUCK YOU TO ALEX MCLEISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Lee_Kinda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Didn't fulop used to play for spurs? I am not sure if that would work in our favour or against us? :(
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby irblinx » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:15 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

Yep. Absolutely disgraceful not wanting to give back there best player who they have a contract with till the end of the year when they are on course for there highest finish ever with half a million a place at stake.

I mean being the richest club in the world is one thing, but don’t they know that everyone should be bending over backwards to help us to.

They just know that we will bend over and take when they ask for him back on loan next season too so they can shaft us now, the fact that they paid a fee and his salary to loan him doesn't change the fact that we did them a favour loaning Hart to them. They've got an apparently big money backer now so we should make sure that we don't do them any more favours but it's City so we will loan him to them again without a release clause and probably buy in some other inferior back up.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Lee_Kinda wrote:Didn't fulop used to play for spurs? I am not sure if that would work in our favour or against us? :(

He has mate, but I'm sure they fucked him about. He's one of those Stu Taylor type of Goalies, always a number 2.

He'll show heroics in our games though as he'll be given the chance to prove, and good to see we've squared it away so quickly which gives him time to train with the lads.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby daved » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Manchester City have been left frustrated at the goalkeeping wrangle that has prevented them recalling Joe Hart from his Birmingham.loan spell.

The Premier League put a block on their hopes of getting Hart back from Birmingham for the final three games of the season.

Instead, Sunderland third-choice Marton Fulop will link up with the Eastlands outfit on Wednesday and is in contention to make his debut in Saturday's clash with fifth-placed Aston Villa.

The whole saga has given City a sour taste, as they are adamant the Premier League were initially supportive of their plan to bring Hart back from St Andrew's once it became obvious Shay Given would not be fit after sustaining a dislocated shoulder at Arsenal on Saturday.

Certainly City were confident enough of their ground to approach Birmingham, having also been given the impression Hart was keen to play in a trio of games - Tottenham and West Ham are the others - which could cement his place in Fabio Capello's World Cup squad.

They were then hit by a series of demands for compensation from Birmingham, ranging from Premier League prize-money to the possible effects of Hart's departure on ticket sales.

City were staggered at the claims given they made concessions to smooth Hart's season-long to Birmingham in the first place.

They then discovered the Premier League had, to their minds, performed a complete U-turn on earlier conversations, insisting Hart could not leave.

Privately, City wonder how much influence has been exerted by Tottenham and Villa, who are the other major challengers for that coveted top-four berth, and whether the Premier League feared another protracted legal battle so soon after the Carlos Tevez affair which Sheffield United were so incensed about three years ago.

The Blues moderated their language in an official statement released this evening, and are keen not to get involved in an all-out war with the Premier League.

However, they remain completely bemused about the guidance they were originally given, pointing out if the facts had remained consistent, they could not be bringing in a goalkeeper on Wednesday when a deal for Fulop could have been done 48 hours ago.

A statement from City said: "The club, with the backing of the Premier League, have been in contact throughout the day with both Birmingham City and Sunderland with regards to bringing either Joe Hart or Marton Fulop to the team on an emergency basis.

"Agreement has not been reached with Birmingham, but we anticipate that Marton Fulop will join us in training tomorrow and we sincerely thank him and Sunderland AFC for their help in this situation."

It is felt at Eastlands that Spurs and Villa will be gleeful at the prospect of City being forced to play either the untested Faroe Islands international Gunnar Nielsen or Fulop, currently Sunderland's third choice, against them in such key matches, as opposed to Hart, who on Sunday was named in the PFA Premier League's team of the year.
daved
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: The Blues

Postby roadkill2487 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 pm

From what I've seen of the lad, I think Marton will do a very good job. And if he impresses, he could become our permanent number two if we set out Hart on loan again. He kept the most expensive British keeper on the bench for a very very long time within the last two seasons. Hes a Hungarian international and is only the third keeper at Sunderland because of a fallout with the Elephant man.
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:30 pm

daved wrote:Manchester City have been left frustrated at the goalkeeping wrangle that has prevented them recalling Joe Hart from his Birmingham.loan spell.

The Premier League put a block on their hopes of getting Hart back from Birmingham for the final three games of the season.

Instead, Sunderland third-choice Marton Fulop will link up with the Eastlands outfit on Wednesday and is in contention to make his debut in Saturday's clash with fifth-placed Aston Villa.

The whole saga has given City a sour taste, as they are adamant the Premier League were initially supportive of their plan to bring Hart back from St Andrew's once it became obvious Shay Given would not be fit after sustaining a dislocated shoulder at Arsenal on Saturday.

Certainly City were confident enough of their ground to approach Birmingham, having also been given the impression Hart was keen to play in a trio of games - Tottenham and West Ham are the others - which could cement his place in Fabio Capello's World Cup squad.

They were then hit by a series of demands for compensation from Birmingham, ranging from Premier League prize-money to the possible effects of Hart's departure on ticket sales.

City were staggered at the claims given they made concessions to smooth Hart's season-long to Birmingham in the first place.

They then discovered the Premier League had, to their minds, performed a complete U-turn on earlier conversations, insisting Hart could not leave.

Privately, City wonder how much influence has been exerted by Tottenham and Villa, who are the other major challengers for that coveted top-four berth, and whether the Premier League feared another protracted legal battle so soon after the Carlos Tevez affair which Sheffield U***d were so incensed about three years ago.

The Blues moderated their language in an official statement released this evening, and are keen not to get involved in an all-out war with the Premier League.

However, they remain completely bemused about the guidance they were originally given, pointing out if the facts had remained consistent, they could not be bringing in a goalkeeper on Wednesday when a deal for Fulop could have been done 48 hours ago.

A statement from City said: "The club, with the backing of the Premier League, have been in contact throughout the day with both Birmingham City and Sunderland with regards to bringing either Joe Hart or Marton Fulop to the team on an emergency basis.

"Agreement has not been reached with Birmingham, but we anticipate that Marton Fulop will join us in training tomorrow and we sincerely thank him and Sunderland AFC for their help in this situation."

It is felt at Eastlands that Spurs and Villa will be gleeful at the prospect of City being forced to play either the untested Faroe Islands international Gunnar Nielsen or Fulop, currently Sunderland's third choice, against them in such key matches, as opposed to Hart, who on Sunday was named in the PFA Premier League's team of the year.

I hope it,s the last time we make concessions to nothing clubs like Birmingham..utter inbred cunts.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum