Nimley Pens New Deal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Nimley Pens New Deal

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:11 pm

From MEN:

Manchester City youngster Alex Nimely has become the latest academy graduate to pledge his future to the club, signing a new four-year contract today.

The Liberian-born striker, 19, follows in the footsteps of Dedryck Boyata and James Poole in agreeing new terms.

"It's a great day for me and my family," Nimely, an England Under-20 international, told the club's website. "To come from a country so far away and get to this stage is fantastic.

"Obviously my parents are very proud and I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me, particularly the coaches at the Academy who have really helped me over the past few years."

Nimely has been handed his first senior opportunities under Roberto Mancini, making his debut in the 6-1 thrashing of Burnley and subsequently making the team bench several times.

"I sort of knew about this a couple of weeks ago because my dad has been speaking with (football administrator) Brian Marwood about it, but it's wonderful when everything is actually signed and sealed," he added.

"I've worked really hard this year and feel I've become a lot stronger both mentally and physically as the season has progressed."

Well done young man!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Nimley Pens New Deal

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Great news, hopefully we have enough trash games next year he can get a few first team games under his belt.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: Nimley Pens New Deal

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:16 am

Great news. He is supposed to be bees knees.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum