All sold out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

All sold out

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Whilst still lacking our fair quota of prawn munchers it seems that all our remaining matches are sold out, well before the games. Add to this the Scum match sold out weeks ahead.

So whilst we still await ground-development plans with bated breath (announcement in close season?) I would think that we are well justified in expanding it as soon as possible, before coachloads of glory-hunters start latching on to our ever-improving irresistable force.

If, as intended, we are challenging for the league next year, there will be some regret that we haven't done it before. I firmly believe we have a much stronger base than Chelski or even Arsenal, but not the 2 other evil red empires (yet!).

Season ticket sales will be very interesting, as we now have the first possibility of being in the running for Champions for 32 years. Skybet:

Chelsea 2/1
Scum 9/4
Arsenal 5/1
CITY 5/1
Dippers 9/1
Spuds 66/1
Villa 125/1
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: All sold out

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:21 pm

john@staustell wrote:I firmly believe we have a much stronger base than Chelski or even Arsenal, but not the 2 other evil red empires (yet!).

The two final Home Matches are just days away and have only just sold out. Arsenal get 60,000 a Match and Chelsea easily sell Season Tickets for £1500.

I firmly believe you're wrong.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:32 pm

I think there's a sleeping fan base to be woken up locally - there's huge potential for attracting out-of-towners too with Manc being so easy to get to. The sooner they add more seats the better.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Matches are only just selling out. Seasoncards went on open sale last year despite all that money spent on players. The Citycard sign up is also low.

I think once people get out of the habit of attending Matches then that's it.

It'll be 40,000 Hardcore + Plastic.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:43 pm

btajim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I firmly believe we have a much stronger base than Chelski or even Arsenal, but not the 2 other evil red empires (yet!).

The two final Home Matches are just days away and have only just sold out. Arsenal get 60,000 a Match and Chelsea easily sell Season Tickets for £1500.

Not if you look back over many years Jim. Chelski had 20,000-odd even in the 90s near the top of the Prem. Watch those old clips of Gavin Peacock and Dennis Wise scoring amidst swathes of empty seats. When they were in Div 2 it was 'last man out lock up', 8-10,000 whilst City of course knocked around 30,000. They dont even compare to City in the least. What they have had is success and big hype since 2000, and what I am saying is that City are about to get that. But you certainly cant tell me they ever had a large ´base' compared to us.

Arsenal are an interesting case. Many years of sustained success and very clever marketing has enabled them to fill the Emirates. But cup games are included in their STs, and even then there are missing bits. But take away that success, look back over the years and they were getting 24,000 average when City averaged around 37,000 in the late 70s. I believe I once looked at their title-winning crowds once in the double side of 1971 - around 52,000. Soon they were in the 20s. Fickle fickle fickle.

Without doubt City's BASE has always been stronger. What we are about to get is the success that will enable you to make a fair, not an unfair comparison.

This is partly why the Sheik saw us as the club with 'potential', most likely to rapidly increase what we had in many ways.
Last edited by john@staustell on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:43 pm

btajim wrote:The Citycard sign up is also low.

I used to have a Citycard whilst we were at Maine Road, but didn't really see the point for when we moved to CoMS, as matches never sold out, except the big ones, and I attend every match I can, irrespective of importance, which mainly seems to be in January, when we have more cup fixtures. After next season, if we're filling up for every game, I'll have to sign up for one again (providing it's cheap).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:50 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
btajim wrote:The Citycard sign up is also low.

I used to have a Citycard whilst we were at Maine Road, but didn't really see the point for when we moved to CoMS, as matches never sold out, except the big ones, and I attend every match I can, irrespective of importance, which mainly seems to be in January, when we have more cup fixtures. After next season, if we're filling up for every game, I'll have to sign up for one again (providing it's cheap).

People forget (when they want to) we sold out of season cards the first season at the COMS - and with a big waiting list to go with it. We had lots of hope but were were basically shite.

Now we aren't.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:57 pm

john@staustell wrote:People forget (when they want to) we sold out of season cards the first season at the COMS - and with a big waiting list to go with it. We had lots of hope but were were basically shite.

Now we aren't.

So you're admitting that we've only got an absolute hardcore of around 40,000 (a number which the average attendance at The COMS has NEVER fallen below) and anyone else on top of that is a Glory Hunter / Plastic? That's exactly what I think.

There's nothing to indicate to me that City will suddenly be able to attract an extra 15,000 on a regular basis. Sure, Matches might sell out quicker - but anyone who really wants a ticket should be able to get one if they plan ahead.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:06 pm

btajim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:People forget (when they want to) we sold out of season cards the first season at the COMS - and with a big waiting list to go with it. We had lots of hope but were were basically shite.

Now we aren't.

So you're admitting that we've only got an absolute hardcore of around 40,000 (a number which the average attendance at The COMS has NEVER fallen below) and anyone else on top of that is a Glory Hunter / Plastic? That's exactly what I think.

There's nothing to indicate to me that City will suddenly be able to attract an extra 15,000 on a regular basis. Sure, Matches might sell out quicker - but anyone who really wants a ticket should be able to get one if they plan ahead.

I´m admitting that City have a hardcore of about 40,000 yes, and Chelski about 20,000-25,000, with once nothing to indicate they would get 41,000 on a regular basis? I dont follow why you cant see we have a bigger base and should therefore expand much more - and sure it will be glory-hunters as well as a few long-lost souls, but that goes with the territory. Never fallen below 40,000 (mean average) but we have been shite. The mode average was tested a bit under Pearce mind!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby eastlandsblue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Personally I think its a case of wait and see. Fans are still sceptical of whether we can achieve success, but once it is achieved then the crowds will increase on a yearly basis, hopefully anyway
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:11 pm

i think its about time that city fans from manchester started to go, we are the team from manchester so city fans get going
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:56 pm

john@staustell wrote:I´m admitting that City have a hardcore of about 40,000 yes, and Chelski about 20,000-25,000, with once nothing to indicate they would get 41,000 on a regular basis? I dont follow why you cant see we have a bigger base and should therefore expand much more - and sure it will be glory-hunters as well as a few long-lost souls, but that goes with the territory. Never fallen below 40,000 (mean average) but we have been shite. The mode average was tested a bit under Pearce mind!

We might have a hardcore of 40,000 now but Maine Road was easy enough to get tickets for when the going was tough. I think Chelsea have changed as a Club. The money has changed them for the worse. I just hope it never happens to us.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:14 pm

I hope they do something soon.I bought my tickets a few weeks ago and its a bit of a panic and they couldnt get us three tickets together.Two of us are in the North stand and the third lad with us is going to have to be in the East stand.From what they told me it was nearly all sold out a few weeks ago.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bluej » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I hope they do something soon.I bought my tickets a few weeks ago and its a bit of a panic and they couldnt get us three tickets together.Two of us are in the North stand and the third lad with us is going to have to be in the East stand.From what they told me it was nearly all sold out a few weeks ago.

Which game was that for? I brought 3 tickets together for the spurs game last week.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:38 pm

bluej wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:I hope they do something soon.I bought my tickets a few weeks ago and its a bit of a panic and they couldnt get us three tickets together.Two of us are in the North stand and the third lad with us is going to have to be in the East stand.From what they told me it was nearly all sold out a few weeks ago.

Which game was that for? I brought 3 tickets together for the spurs game last week.

The Villa game.I think cos its the last Satirday game this season it might be one a lot want and can manage to get to it.I've not had this problem before and am hoping if I get to the ground a bit early maybe I'll be able to sort something out.But I think this might be a popular match and am just glad I managed to get tickets and am not holding out much hope in getting them changed.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 pm

btajim wrote:

Crickey BtaJim, give him a chance. Not everyone can work for the Civil Service in London Town, Englandland !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:00 pm

zuricity wrote:
btajim wrote:

Crickey BtaJim, give him a chance. Not everyone can work for the Civil Service in London Town, Englandland !

Watch the gates of both dwindle alarmingly if they ever slip out of contention for a period of time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum