Managerial Options

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Managerial Options

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:42 am

blues-clues wrote:Benitez?

Link here reckons we are after the waiter. Largest BOLLOX since "City chase Beckham".

http://www.footylatest.com/man-city-wan ... cini/13893

FFS why do they bother with this shite!

If he brings Torres he can come and serve the tea but apart from that.....no thanks.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA.

Benitez??? He'll be managing in Real Mallorca next.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I'd fucking hate to see david moyes managing City. I think I'd go off and support Bury for a bit.

I'd have welcomed Moyes' arrival before that of Kevin Keegan or Stuart Pearce - but we've absolutely nothing to worry about. City will not be offering him the Job and he would never accept it. Daft thing to even talk about, IMHO.

Jose for me. Proven winner in the Premiership and in Europe. Is the Serie A talk of Roma being top still valid?! Or have Inter reclaimed 1st?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:30 pm

btajim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:I'd fucking hate to see david moyes managing City. I think I'd go off and support Bury for a bit.

I'd have welcomed Moyes' arrival before that of Kevin Keegan or Stuart Pearce - but we've absolutely nothing to worry about. City will not be offering him the Job and he would never accept it. Daft thing to even talk about, IMHO.

Jose for me. Proven winner in the Premiership and in Europe. Is the Serie A talk of Roma being top still valid?! Or have Inter reclaimed 1st?

Pretty much word for word what I said about Hughes only hours before he was appointed.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Pretty much word for word what I said about Hughes only hours before he was appointed.

Hughes had never made outspoken comments about City whilst he was in charge of Blackburn. Moyes has barely got a good word to say about us. Remember, Hughes was appointed before we got the Abu Dhabi money.

David Moyes will not be appointed as Manchester City Manager. They've brought in a big name from Europe and not a big name in Liverpool.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Crossie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:41 pm

If you give Mancini the summer and either 6 months or the full season, we could end up with a squad full of negative Italian style players, especially midfielders. We would likely lose Micah, Bellers, RSC, Ireland amongst others. If Mancini with his own squad didnt work out, we would then be back to square one. Or with some thought, much worse than we are right now.

Its a hard decision, but I think if we don't make 4th, we need to act fast (again) and install the new manager before the world cup. Let him bed in, make some signings, get the full pre season training done etc etc.

It needs to be the appointment to end all appointments this time, we need the man we want. Not some up and coming bifto, or a has been, or a 2nd choicer, or another stop gap.

Please get it right this time City.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Moyes bad-mouths us at every opportunity - if that wasn't enough, the way he dealt with Lescott and the effect it had on the team early in the season has cost them European football. I don't want a twat like him anywhere near Man City.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Anyone who wants Moyes must be certifiably insane.

I was quite interested to see the young up-coming British manager option. Call it a distant memory but I thought we'd been down that road. Maybe?

And he wasn't good enough for some at the time because he didn't have a 'track record'.

Fuck me we're going round in ever-decreasing circles (apologies to Richard Briers).
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby edge275 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:38 pm

Del Bosque would be a great option but the problem is he doesn't speak English.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Bluez » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Maybe I am the only one but if Mancini was let go my first choice would be Ranieri. He got Chelsea into CL before Abramovich so we know he can work in England and I don't think he was given much of a shot. The spine of Mourinos team was bought by Ranieri and now he is doing great at Roma.

whether he would come or whether he is a big enough name for the owners is something else-
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Kyle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:16 pm

What about Frank Rijkaard? I would be very optimistic were he to take charge.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby BobKowalski » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Kyle wrote:What about Frank Rijkaard? I would be very optimistic were he to take charge.

It would be Mancini round 2 minus the hair.

Ranieri is a nice guy but a loser.

Maybe we should give them all a 6 month tryout and then vote on it.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Kyle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:33 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
Kyle wrote:What about Frank Rijkaard? I would be very optimistic were he to take charge.

Or Mancini round 2 with an attack.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby bluemooners5578 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Mourinho has just purchased a house in Hale Barns
bluemooners5578
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Kladze » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:50 pm

bluemooners5578 wrote:Mourinho has just purchased a house in Hale Barns

And I just purchased a car in Manchester.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:54 pm

I was just waiting for someone to mention him and although I don't actually see a need for change, if I did, he'd be the man.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BobKowalski » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Kyle wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:

No. It would be the same. Like Mancini he would concentrate on the defence first because...ah forget it I can't be arsed explaining the bleeding obvious.
BobKowalski

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:48 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
Kyle wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:

No. It would be the same. Like Mancini he would concentrate on the defence first because...ah forget it I can't be arsed explaining the bleeding obvious.

Doesn't his record and philosophy mean anything? Don't most managers, especially the top/great managers start from the back?

I know you can't be bothered mate, but come on, the bloke has got a decent record. For me, he is one of the reasons Barca are where they are today.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby HeyMark » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 pm

I think he should get another full season to see what he can do, but if he does get sacked and we don't get mourinho I would like to see us going for Felix Magath, he's a cracking manager and his proved it the past two seasons with Wolfsburg and now Schalke
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby BobKowalski » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
Kyle wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:

Doesn't his record and philosophy mean anything? Don't most managers, especially the top/great managers start from the back?

I know you can't be bothered mate, but come on, the bloke has got a decent record. For me, he is one of the reasons Barca are where they are today.

I agree and for me he is in the same bracket as Mancini and on track record perhaps marginally better - I just don't see the point in going for someone with a similar level of experience who is also new to the PL. Too much swapping like with like. If Rijkaard was our manager and someone suggested Mancini I would go meh.

Its the grass is always greener bit. Change the manager and pow success. Oh didn't work out so change the manager again and pow success oh damn...and so on.

Not that the owners have a history of changing managers as I said elsewhere...
BobKowalski

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 pm

HeyMark wrote:I think he should get another full season to see what he can do, but if he does get sacked and we don't get mourinho I would like to see us going for Felix Magath, he's a cracking manager and his proved it the past two seasons with Wolfsburg and now Schalke

Now that would DEFINATELY be curtains for Robinho! and anyone else who didnt cough up blood after every training session. Got to admire Magaths acheivements these last two seasons though.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum