Points thrown away

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Points thrown away

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:56 am

shawzy wrote:I was also thinking about the same thing last night..I know theres no point moaning about it now, but it does wind me up abit.
Heres a few more to reflect on lol.
Wigan away 1-1
Brum away 0-0
Bolton away 3-3
Stoke away 1-1

I know we cant win every friggin game but only 4 points from the games above is pretty dire imo.

I dont agree with these games. Dubai had it spot on and those games could´ve easily got us into championship contention. One difference is that Mancio has shown himself capable of flattening lower teams, although he was of course slammed for beating Wigan 3-0.

Wigan away (at times), Brum away and Stoke away are 3 draws that any team winning the league would settle for. As for Bolton - we were beaten by Clattenburg as I recall - first goal clearly offside, 3rd goal a City throw not Bolton, and Bellamy sent off when we were getting on top for being flattened because Clattenburg didn´t like him.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Is this the 'I've given up already' thread? Fuck me, we're still in with a creditable chance of making 4th, with wins in most of our drawn games, we'd have been looking at 1st!

Not having a go mate, but this is irrelevance if only for irrelevance sake! You could actually say the same for the losses at Spurs or Everton.

No, it's the "We've had a good season, but bloody hell, we've had some dodgy results and we could have done a lot better" thread.

Exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself. Nobody has given up but its really frustrating looking back on the 3 home matches in which we were leading and then gave it away. This will hurt more if we don't get fourth but hoepfully it wont come to that. Whatever happens, we've had a good season and we will be playing in Europe anyway.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Slim wrote:I think we have to balance this against points earned that we didn't count on, and IMO these are them.

Points thrown away.
Home
Everton(1pt)
Hull(2pts)
Burnley(2pts)
Fulham(2pts)

Away
Hull(3pts)
Everton(1pt)
Stoke(2pts)
Wigan(2pts)

Points earned but not counted on.
Home
Chelsea(2pts)
Arsenal(2pts)

Away
Liverpool(1pt)

Arsenal(1pt)
Chelsea(3pts)

So overall I think we are down 6 points which we can make up two of against Spurs. Not bad for a team that is entirely changed from two years ago(barring a couple of squad players).

I thought we were closer to winning that one than the Scouse. We were leading and gave away another silly goal. So I don't consider it lucky that we got 1 point from that one.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:39 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:I thought we were closer to winning that one than the Scouse. We were leading and gave away another silly goal. So I don't consider it lucky that we got 1 point from that one.

Completely not the point, I don't think we were lucky to get all three against Arsenal or Chelsea twice, we played well enough to win and won. This is not based on performance but on points you count on and points you don't before you take the pitch. I wouldn't count on any points away to the Sky4 and anyone who does it obviously short a couple of braincells.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:04 am

Hull and Burnley home are the obvious choices here. Buy it's just stupid to look back like this. Especially as ALL teams have dropped silly points this season.
And when we're in Champions League nobody will care anyway!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum