Spurs have a better team/squad than us

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Spurs have a better team/squad than us

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:23 pm

They have a better midfield in depth than us - we have a slightly better attack than them in depth, dfensively we're about even, with Joe at Brum for the rest of the season they have more depth in terms of keepers. There's not a a great deal in it really.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:56 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:We both have 3 games left.Dont you think its a little late to be botherin with arguments on who has the strongest squad! Our squad will be a hell of alot different next season anyways....

in truth i hope our squad isn't "a hell of a lot different"...i can see 2-4 outgoing, of which 1-2 may have started significant matches this season and the same amount incoming with the same balance of first team starters.

we need tweaking not rebuilding. Why chuck it out when we've come this far? some fullbacks to press ours for starting places and stronger depth, a creative mid -- one established and one young maybe? -- and a strong CB and i think we're pretty much set. You could argue for another winger on the right i suppose as well.

5 incoming max, and i only see 1-2 of those as "nailed on starting XI" type signings...the rest will compete and provide depth and growth for the sqaud.

Our team is pretty good...damn good in fact imho.

cheers

exactly my thinking, thanks for saving me time doom
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:25 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:We both have 3 games left.Dont you think its a little late to be botherin with arguments on who has the strongest squad! Our squad will be a hell of alot different next season anyways....

in truth i hope our squad isn't "a hell of a lot different"...i can see 2-4 outgoing, of which 1-2 may have started significant matches this season and the same amount incoming with the same balance of first team starters.

we need tweaking not rebuilding. Why chuck it out when we've come this far? some fullbacks to press ours for starting places and stronger depth, a creative mid -- one established and one young maybe? -- and a strong CB and i think we're pretty much set. You could argue for another winger on the right i suppose as well.

5 incoming max, and i only see 1-2 of those as "nailed on starting XI" type signings...the rest will compete and provide depth and growth for the sqaud.

Our team is pretty good...damn good in fact imho.

cheers

exactly my thinking, thanks for saving me time doom

Five signings can dramatically be a huge change to the squad .I agree on five coming in, but think these will be five that the club will expect to start.I also think we will see about the same amount leavin which will include RSC,Ireland,SWP and Petrov..But that wasnt really my point-the point I was makin was-is ther any real point comparing squads with only 3 games of the season to go..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:25 pm

From their current squad, I would only take Modric and/or Kranjar. They are playmakers that we've been missing this season with the bad form of Ireland and the departure of Elano.
The rest of their squad is no better than ours. Well maybe Bale on current form.
So I guess its clear that they have a better manager than the 2 we've had this season.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:From their current squad, I would only take Modric and/or Kranjar. They are playmakers that we've been missing this season with the bad form of Ireland and the departure of Elano.
The rest of their squad is no better than ours. Well maybe Bale on current form.
So I guess its clear that they have a better manager than the 2 we've had this season.

Or they have had more time to gel?? But hold on!!! they haven't finished above us, yet..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:22 pm

I reckon Bolton will give them a run for their money on Saturday.

Boltons Striker Klasnic is also a Croat and i reckon he'd love to get one over on his team mates from Croatia. He'll certainly be able to help Bolton prepare for Modric , Corluka and Kranjčar. I also think that Kevin Davies , in spite of his age has been playing really well recently. Coupled with the fact that Vladi might get some more playing time ( he should keep Bale occupied !). It won't be easy for Spurs against Bolton.

Nothing to do with whether Spurs have a better squad I know, but I don't think their squad is as good as ours. We've had some untimeley injuries all the way through the season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby dazlebluefrog » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:51 pm

all i will say is i don't give a fcuk about thoses twats, never will they have a better squad than ours ,they broke my heart in 81 i want revenge
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Mmmmmmm, 2 threads on similar lines. Spurs for me do have a better squad and have had far more time to sort their shit out, with lots of spending for many years. However, what they know is that we can produce when needed and this is the game that matters.

Whatever the outcome, the lads should play to their maximum in this, especially as there will still be a realistic chance of fourth. If they don't, then it's them to blame!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Grob » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Hansen can fuck off
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum