Has the world gone mad?!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Has the world gone mad?!!

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Dermot Gallagher just on SSN to "clear up" the penalty farce at Villa Park.

He said "penalty everyday of the week". He said yes, the player got the ball first, but the way he tackled meant that the attacker couldn't go on to retrieve the ball.

So now its officially turned into ball only, instead of ball before man.

And so begins the slow death of football.
Original Dub

Re: Has the world gone mad?!!

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Just been watching that and its a joke. Basically because Gabby could have got the ball if he wasnt taken out (even after the touch from the defender) its a foul. Since when did this happen. What a farce, that will mean there is a pen every match then
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:06 pm

The fact that Gallagher said a top brass in refereeing used the words "penalty every day of the week" is disturbing, as is Gallagher explaining that this is the rule that referees are now being coahed through.

What in God's name are they trying to do to the game?!!
Original Dub

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:The fact that Gallagher said a top brass in refereeing used the words "penalty every day of the week" is disturbing, as is Gallagher explaining that this is the rule that referees are now being coahed through.

What in God's name are they trying to do to the game?!!

I can sort of see the logic of the what Dermot shithead was trying to say, but it's a contact sport. So what if the attacker might have been able to retrieve the ball after, why should it matter when he has been subject to a fair tackle? It's fucking scary when you hear the logic behind some of the decisions.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Ref was too far away and the angle the ball travelled after the challenge made it look like he had made no contact with the ball.

As an aside, I'd wager that if the incident had involved Tevez running through and being tackled by Johnson, around 95% on here would think the challenge merited a pen!
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Conspiracy theory!

By making these interpretations, the FA , via referees, can make it easier to ensure that their beloved big four clubs continue to win everything in sight, thereby increasing the TV revenue each season through overseas rights.

Referees can give one interpretation in one game for one team, ,another for everyone else. How many times do Chelski, Manure and the Arse get big decisions their way against so called lesser teams?

It's a fix!
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:40 pm

scary!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Fish111 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 pm

His reasoning for it being a penalty is scary and i think these refs nowadays are like doctors. They don't like critisism of their own and close ranks all the time. The ref gave the penalty because it looked like a penalty, only in slow motion from a camera located behind the goal did you get to see the very slight touch the defender got on the ball. I like honesty and i would like the refs to be honest and say i gave it because it looked like a penalty, i didn't see any contact with the ball. That would satisfy me. And as someone said above, if that was against one of our lads i would have been screaming for a penalty all day long.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:24 pm

It's complete and utter bollocks. He got the ball, end of story. If that's a foul/penalty then, as you said OD, will the last one watching football please turn off the lights as you leave
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby ashton287 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:Dermot Gallagher just on SSN to "clear up" the penalty farce at Villa Park.

He said "penalty everyday of the week". He said yes, the player got the ball first, but the way he tackled meant that the attacker couldn't go on to retrieve the ball.

So now its officially turned into ball only, instead of ball before man.

And so begins the slow death of football.

this is fucking bullshit, by time he would of gone on and got the ball the defender would be back up and in a position to stand him up/push him out until the rest of the team were back and in position so it wouldnt make the slightest bit of diffrence. Stupidest explanation ever. Need to just go back to the old school "no tackling from behind" AND BRING BACK THE FUCKING SHOULDER BARGE WHILE THERE AT IT. This isnt fucking la faggy ass liga
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Fish111 wrote:His reasoning for it being a penalty is scary and i think these refs nowadays are like doctors. They don't like critisism of their own and close ranks all the time. The ref gave the penalty because it looked like a penalty, only in slow motion from a camera located behind the goal did you get to see the very slight touch the defender got on the ball. I like honesty and i would like the refs to be honest and say i gave it because it looked like a penalty, i didn't see any contact with the ball. That would satisfy me. And as someone said above, if that was against one of our lads i would have been screaming for a penalty all day long.

I think that's the best explanation for this. The only problem I have is how refs can give such a decision from so far away, especially when they don't even have an angle to see and realistically judge the incident. This has happened too many times this season for my liking and it does always seem that it goes the way of, let's say, the bigger clubs.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:58 pm

I think, sometime recently, the rules changed.

Now it seems if you bring down the player, irrespective of whether you get the ball first, you are still in danger. Now it seems you have to make sure the ball is miles away, or travelling at speed to get there, to make sure you're in the clear altogether.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:02 pm

I think it's all Pele's fault. Twat.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum