Mancio to stay ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancio to stay ?

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:03 am

Roberto is staying put at Man City
Mancini to stay on at Eastlands
Alan Nixon; Steve Bates

Manchester City are set to confirm that Roberto Mancini will remain in charge at Eastlands next season - even if they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

Rumours are rife in Manchester that Jose Mourinho has been lined up to take over from Mancini this summer and has even bought a house in an exclusive Cheshire village ready for his move from Inter Milan.

But City chiefs will end all speculation with a public show of faith in Mancini - a club statement is expected in the next few days.

Advertisement

Mancini has been house-hunting for a permanent base - and we can reveal the Italian and his family were recently shown around several luxury properties in the footballer's enclave of Alderley Edge by Wendy Cook, American wife of City's Chief Executive Garry.

Mancini has impressed Cook and football director Brian Marwood since he replaced Mark Hughes and they have decided to stick with the suave Italian - whether City make the Champions League or not.

The former Inter Milan chief has done enough to justify City's backing and he will have a major say in transfer dealings over the summer.

Mancini knows City have the money to be a major force in European football and will snub interest from Juventus, who are also wooing Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.

Cook and Marwood, who were widely criticised when they replaced sacked Hughes with Mancini, know that their show of support for the Italian will not be wholly welcomed in the dressing-room, where some senior players are unhappy about his training methods.

Clash

But their backing will spell out to doubters that Mancini is there for the long haul. And that they can ship out if they're not happy.

City will move out Shaun WrightPhillips, still desperate to make the England World Cup squad, and Roque Santa Cruz, whose time in Manchester has been plagued by injury, while Craig Bellamy's Eastlands future is in doubt. Though he has clashed with Mancini he is liked by the City management because of his spirit.

If it's left to Mancini, though, Bellamy will be on his way. The Italian did not take kindly to comments allegedly made by Bellamy after a touchline clash with his Everton counterpart David Moyes.

Mancini has already admitted his admiration for Liverpool star Fernando Torres and he is expected to land Hamburg defender Jerome Boateng. He also wants two or three other top names.

But the bottom line is that Mancini will carry on at Eastlands - and the likes of Mourinho and Martin O'Neill will have to look elsewhere for a job with an open cheque-book.

Bluemoon is a joke by the way, all the bullshiters are back on there.

But for my own 'ITK' piece of knowledge. Mancio was at xaverian school/college in manchester looking at enrolling his daughter for next year.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Mancio to stay ?

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:11 am

I do hope it's true but I was told by a photographer last week that Mancini had stopped looking for houses. He was probably trying to wind me up. I really don't know what to believe.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:15 am

Personally I think another change of manager now will be insanity, and just fuel the regular hate campaigns against us in the press. Can´t see even City doing it this time, if they think we are heading vaguely in the right direction.

Anyway, how ridiculous is this 'Mourinho has already bought a house in Cheshire' business?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:15 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I do hope it's true but I was told by a photographer last week that Mancini had stopped looking for houses. He was probably trying to wind me up. I really don't know what to believe.

We all stop looking when we find what we want Doug ;-)
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:47 am

I only want to replace him with Mourinho to be frank - if mourinho has said no, stick with Mancini
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Wooders wrote:I only want to replace him with Mourinho to be frank - if mourinho has said no, stick with Mancini

That.

Only mourinho can improve on bobby, if hes not available then i say back bobby all the way!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
Wooders wrote:I only want to replace him with Mourinho to be frank - if mourinho has said no, stick with Mancini

That.

Only mourinho can improve on bobby, if hes not available then i say back bobby all the way!

Mancini is the second best Manager in the World? He hasn't won anything in Europe yet. Remember, we went for Hiddink first.

Capello is a better Italian Manager. Ditto Ancelotti.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:11 pm

This. I got a bad feeling though that Cook and Marwood have something else in mind though.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:26 pm

btajim wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

That.

Mancini is the second best Manager in the World? He hasn't won anything in Europe yet. Remember, we went for Hiddink first.

We won't get either Capello or Ancelotti though, I was being quote/unquote "realistic"
Because i think, realistically, we can get mourinho
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Sounds like our owners are making sure Bobby is fully focused on the remaining vitally important games.I'm sure they will review the situation at the end of the season.This just sounds like they don't want to give Bobby the impression that he is a dead man walking as that would have an adverse effect.
Keep him happy.
They can afford to fuck him of in the summer if they so feel.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:01 pm

btajim wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

That.

and how many English managers or Dutch, Spanish or Portugese managers are better?

i'm not disagreeing with you, but asking where you think Mancini ranks in world football. I'd say it's probably that he's in the top 20 managers in all of world football. Doesn't sound impressive, but that's what i think. Which is about where City sit in terms of world footballing right now maybe. At the lower end of the Top 20 in terms of revenues, attendance, visibility, capabilities, etc

Am i selling us short? Things can change quickly with the bankroll we're carrying around tho, right.

Outside of all the big names you've mentioned -- Capello, Ancelotti, Mourhinho thrown in for good measure or Hiddink -- would you have van Gaal instead seeing what he's done with Munchen? Or Claude Puel based on what he's done with Lyon?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Please, mate, why City need to be hated all over the world signing a clown like Mou? You don't imagine how Inter Milan is unpopular in every part of Italy, even between a few fans of them, each time this ugly Portuguese man speaks to the media! And all for one or two Serie A titles and playing often a bad bad football indeed!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:56 pm

Personally, I want to see good fast flowing attacking football at Eastlands, whilst shutting up shop away. You would only get one of those with Mourinho.
Stick with Bob for another season, and let him have an open cheque book in the summer.

Hopefully, we'll get that 4th spot, but failing that, we have made progress this season, especially in the latter half.
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby guv111 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:23 pm

[If this were the case]: I think I'm quite pleased, but mostly I'm indifferent. If it had just been confirmed that Mourinho had been penciled-in to take over in May or June, I doubt I would feel that excited. Whoever is in charge, we have to add to the equation that it's City a new manager will be taking charge of - not some normal club. With our record of snatching rubbish from the hands of success down the years, who would really put their mortgage on even the greatest of managers succeeding? At least with Mancini we will have some continuity.

For a successful 2010-11, I'd back Mancini and HIS players ahead of AN Other with Tevez and Bellamy every time.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:

Please, mate, why City need to be hated all over the world signing a clown like Mou? You don't imagine how Inter Milan is unpopular in every part of Italy, even between a few fans of them, each time this ugly Portuguese man speaks to the media! And all for one or two Serie A titles and playing often a bad bad football indeed!

He is certainly not hated in the English and Portuguese game - he's very well respected for what he has achieved and building winning teams - we need that imo
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:36 pm

btajim wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

That.

Obviously the both have a lot of experience more than Mancio but none of them had a ship in Sardinia just near the Sheick Mansour one last month of June, mates! :) :)
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:47 pm

I want him to stay.

But, I just remembred a quote I read from Tevez at the weekend and it alarmed me. It was on the lines of '' we must try and win the game and attack vs. arsenal, and not be cautious like we did against united''. Tevez doesn't strike me as an intelligent man, but even he is getting frustrated with our game plan in these games. I mean it did look like he was playing centre midfield on saturday. Then again, he looked unfit and tired too.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Wooders wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:

He is certainly not hated in the English and Portuguese game - he's very well respected for what he has achieved and building winning teams - we need that imo

Ten years ago I was proud to support City after Gillingham game. Won't be embarassed now that City is becoming a top class team with a superb and stupid man like him!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:00 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:and how many English managers or Dutch, Spanish or Portugese managers are better?

i'm not disagreeing with you, but asking where you think Mancini ranks in world football. I'd say it's probably that he's in the top 20 managers in all of world football. Doesn't sound impressive, but that's what i think. Which is about where City sit in terms of world footballing right now maybe. At the lower end of the Top 20 in terms of revenues, attendance, visibility, capabilities, etc

Am i selling us short? Things can change quickly with the bankroll we're carrying around tho, right.

Outside of all the big names you've mentioned -- Capello, Ancelotti, Mourhinho thrown in for good measure or Hiddink -- would you have van Gaal instead seeing what he's done with Munchen? Or Claude Puel based on what he's done with Lyon?

cheers

Non-British Football isn't my speciality. I only know Capello, Ancelotti etc. because of their time spent managing here. Capello has transformed England and Ancelotti may win the Double in his first season.

Mancini amongst the top 20 in the World? Yes, he inevitably is. The right man for this Job? Who knows. Mancini was available.

At the end of the day, bringing in a Manager who has been succesful abroad is always a risk. Look at Ramos when he went to Spurs. His name was being thrown around a few Clubs in England yet he leaves Tottenham struggling at the wrong end of the table. Then again, Wenger was also succesful abroad...
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby ruralblue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Said it on a simular thread to this, but we need to stick with a manager over a longer period of time for us to be a sucess in the long term. I dont always agree with his line ups or tactics but we have had a more exciting second half of the season, better than draw - draw - draw - draw - draw - draw - draw.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum