Mancio to stay ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancio to stay ?

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Think it's best for the cub to stick with the manager having appointed him but if he continues in the same manner, it won't be best for my enjoyment of watching City, which on the whole has become a chore since he took over.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Once I got my head around what Bobby was doing with his formations (basically addressing our defensive weakness as a priority while at the same time as trying to pick up points) I was pretty happy with what he's done. The Arsenal game has actually given me a lot of optimism about our remaining games as well as next season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Dameerto wrote:Once I got my head around what Bobby was doing with his formations (basically addressing our defensive weakness as a priority while at the same time as trying to pick up points) I was pretty happy with what he's done. The Arsenal game has actually given me a lot of optimism about our remaining games as well as next season.

Holy shit.
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Once I got my head around what Bobby was doing with his formations (basically addressing our defensive weakness as a priority while at the same time as trying to pick up points) I was pretty happy with what he's done. The Arsenal game has actually given me a lot of optimism about our remaining games as well as next season.

Holy shit.

Kapow Batman lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:10 pm

i saw steve bruce in the arndale city shop today and i overheard him on the phone saying "you had better sell all this tevez stock off quick because when i take over in the summer it will be worthless"

do you reckon he will sell tevez soon as he comes?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby s1ty m » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:27 pm

btajim wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
Wooders wrote:I only want to replace him with Mourinho to be frank - if mourinho has said no, stick with Mancini

That.

Only mourinho can improve on bobby, if hes not available then i say back bobby all the way!

Mancini is the second best Manager in the World? He hasn't won anything in Europe yet. Remember, we went for Hiddink first.

Capello is a better Italian Manager. Ditto Ancelotti.

Mancini is horribly negative. Maybe I am alone in wanting something else. Maybe bta agrees? I figured bob was short term. Frankly, I hope he is. He has bottled the big ones, IMHO.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:57 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I do hope it's true but I was told by a photographer last week that Mancini had stopped looking for houses. He was probably trying to wind me up. I really don't know what to believe.

We all stop looking when we find what we want Doug ;-)

Has he though? Where is it?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 pm

I can see what people mean when they talk about Bobby being negative. But, I look at it another way. As far as I can tell he's trying to get us to control games more. Being more careful in posession, being more patient, and playing with more thought. Letting in an early goal then going all out to come from behind might be great entertainment, but, it's no way to run a railway.

In a funny sort of way the match against Arsenal was the sort of pattern Bobby wants to see us play - at least away from home. Keep it tight then make an attacking substitution to try and win it. Ok if you can bring it off, but I think many players find it difficult to up their pace as the game progresses. In the Prem at least they seem to want to go at it from the first whistle and impose themselves on the opposition. Again, it's a fair enough way to go about a game, but to me it lacks subtlety and burns players out.

Could it be that, exciting as it is, this approach explains why the Sky Four have dominated as much as theyn have?
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:33 pm

I now believe that Mancio is staying and am looking forward to seeing what he can do next season ....................... although I did see Big Sam, Peter Reid and Phil Brown with the Cookie Monster in town the other night, so you never know???
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Holy shit.

It was our best defensive performance of the season - we had a back four that worked as a unit for pretty much the whole game even with an injury substitution - we might not have clicked with our attacks and a few of our attacking players had a bad game but I saw a lot to be optimistic about..
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ScapeGoat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:56 am

So we get Mourinho, then we get Torres and Gerrard and Terry and Drogba, Vidic, Xavi, Messi, Ribery, Ronaldo, Rooney, Pele, Rambo, Rocky, Jesus, Darth Vader and Bin Laden, and win the damn title next seasson, would that make you happy ?

We waited for 30 damn years, don't lose patience now when we're actually getting there, give Mancini at least one full season, let the team settle a bit, and let Mourinho go to Real, that's a perfect match anyway.
ScapeGoat
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:43 am

9secondlegend wrote:i saw steve bruce in the arndale city shop today and i overheard him on the phone saying "you had better sell all this tevez stock off quick because when i take over in the summer it will be worthless"

do you reckon he will sell tevez soon as he comes?

I'd love to answer - but I'm just off for Breakfast with Lord Lucan and Glenn Miller.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum