Bundesliga Players

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bundesliga Players

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Right now I'm ranking my Top Three for the season, as follows:

1). Tevez
2). De Jong
3). Kompany
(just passing Bellamy 'on the rails')

I've seen somewhere that we have another Bundesliga player lined up, - Boateng, I think.
Given the success of our current Bundesliga imports, perhaps we should be looking to buy in more from that League, as they have the necessary steel to survive in the EPL.
(or, perhaps, Northern Europeans, generally, as our current pair are from the Benelux)
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Re: Bundesliga Players

Postby Mike J » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:10 am

tevez never played there.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:37 am

Mike J wrote:tevez never played there.

Is there a hidden joke from the OP because Tevez played for the M.....?!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mike J wrote:tevez never played there.

Is there a hidden joke from the OP because Tevez played for the M.....?!

No: its just 2 out of 3, but the 2 we have bought have proven to be quality
The Original Special One

Postby Knappe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Buy a team of Bundesliga talents and heavyweights

Rene Adler – Marcel Jansen, Mats Hummels, Jerome Boateng, Philipp Lahm – Nuri Sahin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Mesut Özil, Marko Marin – Edin Dzeko, Stefan Kießling, Arjen Robben
Die Nummer 1 im Pott sind wir
Knappe
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Schalke04

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Knappe wrote:Buy a team of Bundesliga talents and heavyweights

Rene Adler – Marcel Jansen, Mats Hummels, Jerome Boateng, Philipp Lahm – Nuri Sahin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Mesut Özil, Marko Marin – Edin Dzeko, Stefan Kießling, Arjen Robben

how many of those are good enough to start with our current squad?
The Original Special One

Postby Knappe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:53 pm

hard to say. I hope at least Jerome Boateng!!!
Die Nummer 1 im Pott sind wir
Knappe
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Schalke04

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Lahm would be a regular, and maybe Jansen (though I havent seen much of him this season, so not as sure about him). Pretty sure Ozil would be at least in the first team squad.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:48 am

Lahm would be shit especially with our defence. Can't defend for toffee.

There are tons of good players in Bundesleague. I've been watching loads of it on Eurosport2 this season and their style of play is so similar to England that it's easy transition. Never mind very small difference in culture.

But Edin Dzeko is one player that REALLY stands out. Boy does that feller know where the onion bag is and STILL he participates in other aspects of the game. Definite star in the making. Whoever buys him for 25 or 30m or whatever this summer, and make no mistake he is going to leave Wolfsburg, is going to get a goal machine.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:45 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Lahm would be shit especially with our defence. Can't defend for toffee.

There are tons of good players in Bundesleague. I've been watching loads of it on Eurosport2 this season and their style of play is so similar to England that it's easy transition. Never mind very small difference in culture.

But Edin Dzeko is one player that REALLY stands out. Boy does that feller know where the onion bag is and STILL he participates in other aspects of the game. Definite star in the making. Whoever buys him for 25 or 30m or whatever this summer, and make no mistake he is going to leave Wolfsburg, is going to get a goal machine.

People keep saying this yet whenever I see him he misses literally everything. I must be a jinx!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:40 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Lahm would be shit especially with our defence. Can't defend for toffee.

People keep saying this yet whenever I see him he misses literally everything. I must be a jinx!

Really?????

I think he has been fookin deadly in Bundesleague! I think I've seen around five of their games this season and every single time I've been hugely impressed by his movement, instincts and overall play! Maybe if you jinx him to be shite and me being top, he'd be, well average, for us!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:59 am

I beg to differ. Lahm is a nasty piece of work (for an attacker) and he certainly can defend very well. He is fast and agile and among the top 6 Left Backs in the world imho.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:01 am

avoidconfusion wrote:

I beg to differ. Lahm is a nasty piece of work (for an attacker) and he certainly can defend very well. He is fast and agile and among the top 6 Left Backs in the world imho.

Lahm plays in top team where he is rarely under real pressure but whenever he plays against a top side he inevitable makes serious fuck up or two every game. Would be poor player in one of the two top leagues and I believe he knows it as well.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

Lahm plays in top team where he is rarely under real pressure but whenever he plays against a top side he inevitable makes serious fuck up or two every game. Would be poor player in one of the two top leagues and I believe he knows it as well.

He's always been strong when Ive seen him internationally - he would slot straight into our first team based on his performances this season and could cover either fullback slot. He SEEMS to perform better at leftback than right (even though he's right footed) but I havent really seen enough of him at rightback to be sure.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:33 pm

Dameerto wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

He's always been strong when Ive seen him internationally - he would slot straight into our first team based on his performances this season and could cover either fullback slot. He SEEMS to perform better at leftback than right (even though he's right footed) but I havent really seen enough of him at rightback to be sure.

What the???? He gets skinned all the time in International games! Last time we played Germany, our third rate pub league wingers were running circles around him.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Luca Toni's been insanely linked with us again btw. Whilst we are on the subject!!

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini could make a move for burly striker Luca Toni , according to German daily Bild.

The 32 year-old is currently on loan at Serie A title challengers Roma from Bayern Munich. He has hit 5 goals in 12 appearances for Roma, but has had to make do with a place on the bench for much of the time. Bild speculates that Roma will not opt to sign Toni at the end of the season, given his age and the probable asking price. This would be less of a concern to cash-rich Manchester City .

The chances of World Cup winner Toni returning to Bayern Munich are slim, given the very public falling out with coach Louis Van Gaal earlier this season, which led to his loan move to Roma.

Bild claims sources indicate that Mancini is interested in bringing Toni to Eastlands. Should he do so, Toni would bring an enviable scoring pedigree to Manchester City . Last season the 6ft 4in striker claimed goals 17 in 33 appearances whilst in 2007/2008, Toni scored 24 goals in 31 matches. He also has over 40 international caps to his name.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Dameerto wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

What the???? He gets skinned all the time in International games! Last time we played Germany, our third rate pub league wingers were running circles around him.

He made the team of the tournament in Euro 2008, are you saying he just got lucky?
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Dameerto wrote:
He made the team of the tournament in Euro 2008, are you saying he just got lucky?

HAHA

Did you see him nearly gifting Portugal win with that SHIT display against them in quarters? And was poor against Turkey as well to my recollection. But he scored a stunning winner in that same game against Turkey which usually gets you that team of the tournament accolade as we all know. Germany conceded 5 goals in three games when they were playing better sides and not fucking Austria..... largely down to his poor defending.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Bizarre, they must have been playing in two tournaments at the same time.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Dameerto wrote:Bizarre, they must have been playing in two tournaments at the same time.

I rated Lahm on the back of that tournament and he deserved to be in the team of the tournament too.

Not sure how he's done since but if NQDP reckons he's shit, then I'd have him here in a flash.
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum