Top of the Tower...............

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Top of the Tower...............

Postby Exiled » Wed May 12, 2010 9:38 am

Manx Blue wrote:Didn't know they were still in Charge exiled! I know there's a few of the Oyston clan are, or certainly were, living over here

I'm thinking he likes the prestige & publicity of being associated with a local football club too much to sell it. Now the Latvian guy has arrived with a bit of money (but still only for a minority stake, he has finally got a successful club (in their terms) rather than the one that was desperately on it's knees not that too long ago. He's still got the rapist shadow cloaked around him though. Not going to shake off doing a Polanski so easily :-)))
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Postby crossan » Sun May 23, 2010 3:05 pm

BLACKPOOL in the premiership who would have believed it!!! there are still fairytales that come true..............
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 24, 2010 7:29 am

I was at that cup game we lost two one. Shocking day. Both sets of fans had people on the roof of the terrace, ripping slates off it to pass down below that were subsequently hurled at each other.
I also remember Paul Lake bundling in a last minute scruffy equaliser after what can only be described as a goalmouth carve up. That was the year of the last minute equaliser at Huddersfield and I convinced myself again that it was a sure sign that it was to be our year. Wrong. I've seen one or two friendlies there too.
Anyway I'm pleased it was them and not the unpleasant Cardiff City that came up.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby craigmcfc » Mon May 24, 2010 8:25 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I was at that cup game we lost two one. Shocking day. Both sets of fans had people on the roof of the terrace, ripping slates off it to pass down below that were subsequently hurled at each other.
I also remember Paul Lake bundling in a last minute scruffy equaliser after what can only be described as a goalmouth carve up. That was the year of the[highlight]last minute equaliser at Huddersfield[/highlight]and I convinced myself again that it was a sure sign that it was to be our year. Wrong. I've seen one or two friendlies there too.
Anyway I'm pleased it was them and not the unpleasant Cardiff City that came up.

A John Gidman free kick, I remember that well. Born in Hudds, sat amongst their fans and I can still remember bounding around the stand like an eejit and my dad bundling me out of there. Good memories
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 24, 2010 8:56 am

craigmcfc wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I was at that cup game we lost two one. Shocking day. Both sets of fans had people on the roof of the terrace, ripping slates off it to pass down below that were subsequently hurled at each other.
I also remember Paul Lake bundling in a last minute scruffy equaliser after what can only be described as a goalmouth carve up. That was the year of the[highlight]last minute equaliser at Huddersfield[/highlight]and I convinced myself again that it was a sure sign that it was to be our year. Wrong. I've seen one or two friendlies there too.

A John Gidman free kick, I remember that well. Born in Hudds, sat amongst their fans and I can still remember bounding around the stand like an eejit and my dad bundling me out of there. Good memories

I was on my way across the away terrace towards the exit, muttering darkly about letting 'that useless tosser' take the free kick, before he bent it in the onion bag and everybody going nuts. Another moment of incisve football knowledge.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum