Top of the Tower...............

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Top of the Tower...............

Postby crossan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:26 pm

Hopegfully Blackpool will secure a place in the Championship play offs next weekend.............come on 'the pool'.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Re: Top of the Tower...............

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:30 pm

I thought this was gonne be a thread about you planning to jump crossan you miserable bastard ;)
Original Dub

Postby crossan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:I thought this was gonne be a thread about you planning to jump crossan you miserable bastard ;)

He He you are joking arn't you................I hate heights,do you know that I could not walk accross the perspex layer the last time I was up the Tower!!!
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:39 pm

crossan wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I thought this was gonne be a thread about you planning to jump crossan you miserable bastard ;)

He He you are joking arn't you................I hate heights,do you know that I could not walk accross the perspex layer the last time I was up the Tower!!!

Oh give it a go next time, it only snaps once in around 10 attempts, you'll be fine. Would be great to see Blackpool in the Premier League and they have a top manager too
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:50 pm

crossan wrote:

:)
Original Dub

Postby crossan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:20 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
crossan wrote:

Oh give it a go next time, it only snaps once in around 10 attempts, you'll be fine. Would be great to see Blackpool in the Premier League and they have a top manager too

Holloway is a genius...............he should be given the chance to manage in the poremiership.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:35 pm

crossan wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Oh give it a go next time, it only snaps once in around 10 attempts, you'll be fine. Would be great to see Blackpool in the Premier League and they have a top manager too

Holloway is a genius...............he should be given the chance to manage in the poremiership.

A genius? Hmm... Holloway is a good Championship Manager and has a brilliant personality - but genius is a bit much. I'm not sure he's got enough about him to become a Premiership Boss. He's been around a bit already. i.e. QPR, Leicester, Plymouth.

There shouldn't be a Football Fan alive who hasn't wanted to make a weekend out of Blackpool Away. Get them around Christmas or May and you're laughing.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:11 pm

blackpool away would be a great day out!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:33 pm

we have played blackpool away loads of times and it always a good piss up and can get a bit tasty down there aswell!
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:49 pm

When you look at the company they're keeping in the top six and even the size of some of the clubs below them (Boro, both Sheffs etc.) it's a brilliant achievement for the club. Even if they just miss out they can be proud. On the other hand, if they do get in the play-offs, it might provide them with that bit of revenue to go that bit further next year. I'll be keeping a watchful eye.

Worth pointing out that Holloway is again proving some of his detractors wrong.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby btajim » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:52 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:Worth pointing out that Holloway is again proving some of his detractors wrong.

He's funny and the Press are constantly on at him to say something else funny. The "let's have Coffee" joke may well have proved to be his downfall in that respect. i.e. It's stopped people concentrating on his abilities as a Manager.

Blackpool are definitely doing very well in what's a tough league, though.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:45 am

I think Blackpool would be the only team outside of the top 4 to have the away allocation of their ground filled in every game.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:49 am

Last time I saw football at Blackpool apart from on the sands was a dreadful League Cup game one August evening about 14 years ago. Crumbling terraces, terrible game, and City got beat. Last time I was in the Tower so were Charlie Cairoli and Albert & the Lion
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:09 am

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Last time I saw football at Blackpool apart from on the sands was a dreadful League Cup game one August evening about 14 years ago. Crumbling terraces, terrible game, and City got beat. Last time I was in the Tower so were Charlie Cairoli and Albert & the Lion

With his stick, with the horse's head handle?...hahahaha...now I know you're older than me...and probably God...:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:46 am

Ian "Ollie" Holloway was being Interviewed on the Radio last night and he said a Premiership Blackpool without any investment would have the smallest playing budget in that League by some way.

Securing a place in the Play Off's is within their own hands - but if Barnsley and Oldham can have a taste of the Premier League then so can Blackpool.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:29 am

btajim wrote:
crossan wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Oh give it a go next time, it only snaps once in around 10 attempts, you'll be fine. Would be great to see Blackpool in the Premier League and they have a top manager too

A genius? Hmm... Holloway is a good Championship Manager and has a brilliant personality - but genius is a bit much. I'm not sure he's got enough about him to become a Premiership Boss. He's been around a bit already. i.e. QPR, Leicester, Plymouth.

There shouldn't be a Football Fan alive who hasn't wanted to make a weekend out of Blackpool Away. Get them around Christmas or May and you're laughing.

Holy shit Jim! You treat Warnock like football mastermind but question Holloway. Ollie is easily one of the best personalities in the game and it's often forgotten that he is really good manager as well. Certainly better than that turd knob Warnock.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Holy shit Jim! You treat Warnock like football mastermind but question Holloway. Ollie is easily one of the best personalities in the game and it's often forgotten that he is really good manager as well. Certainly better than that turd knob Warnock.

Neil Warnock is a better Manager than Ian Holloway. The former having a record of going in to struggling Clubs and turning them in to very admirable sides. QPR will be in the Play Offs next season and are also an outside bet for automatic promotion. Holloway might have Blackpool punching above their weight now - but if was a great Manager then he'd have moved above the Championship already. Worse sides have made it in to the Premiership.

I think Neil Warnock is much more highly rated amongst Football Professionals than Fans. We only see his touchline antics and post-Match interviews.

The two are from a similar stock, though.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby HeyMark » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Hope Swansea get that final play off spot. Have liked them from when Martinez was manager and had them playing really good football.

Do really like Holloway though. Guy is hilarious and is a really good manager
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 am

btajim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Holy shit Jim! You treat Warnock like football mastermind but question Holloway. Ollie is easily one of the best personalities in the game and it's often forgotten that he is really good manager as well. Certainly better than that turd knob Warnock.

Neil Warnock is a better Manager than Ian Holloway. The former having a record of going in to struggling Clubs and turning them in to very admirable sides. QPR will be in the Play Offs next season and are also an outside bet for automatic promotion. Holloway might have Blackpool punching above their weight now - but if was a great Manager then he'd have moved above the Championship already. Worse sides have made it in to the Premiership.

I think Neil Warnock is much more highly rated amongst Football Professionals than Fans. We only see his touchline antics and post-Match interviews.

The two are from a similar stock, though.

Fucking hell Jim! I love your Warnock obsession but I'd love you to point me a person who admire Warnock's sides!!! That is apart from yourself of course.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:47 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Fucking hell Jim! I love your Warnock obsession but I'd love you to point me a person who admire Warnock's sides!!! That is apart from yourself of course.

Simon Jordan appointed Neil Warnock as Palace Manager because he said Warnock sides were always difficult to beat. And he knew how good Palace sides were when they were playing against Warnock sides.

Look how many Managers QPR have had in recent seasons. Warnock is the one man who can turn them round.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum