7th place

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 7th place

Postby play like we dream » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:16 pm

It'll happen. Carlos wants it. Mancini needs it. Villa looked ordinary today. Spuds? Decent. But no match for the mighty Ade. This has to happen to us this year. We are the future.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:13 pm

play like we dream wrote:It'll happen. Carlos wants it. Mancini needs it. Villa looked ordinary today. Spuds? Decent. But no match for the mighty Ade. This has to happen to us this year. We are the future.

Villa were stuffy today but the weekend's results put them right back in the frame so they'll be fighting for their lives against us.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:15 pm

zuricity wrote:
viking the Odd wrote:7th place would be about right for the way we are playing at the moment, there are 6 teams better than us, we will get what we deserve, I think we lost our chance for 4th,with the crap we played against stoke, Everton, and more recently,against the Scum,and Arsenal, a faint heart has never won a fair lady, so a gutless 7th it may well be.

Strange you should raise this point though. 'At the moment'......... we didn't beat Arsenal.

The P. League is about 38 games and once we've evened up all the games with the teams around us , next wednesday against Spurs, We'll know exactly how good or bad we've been. If whu are safe by then, they won't give a toss on the last day. So long as they are not embarrassed at home...... it should be a good winnable game for us.

I think we would have had fourth wrapped up if we won at home against the likes of Burnley and Hull

Correct or if we'd not lost to Hull away & drawn with Stoke & Sunderland.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Its in our own hands.

I cant see us winning the last 3 games after watching the last 2. United and Arsenel are currently performing at similar levels to Spurs and Villa.

Without Shay too, I cant see us doing it.

Previous negativity may come back to haunt us.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby walmai » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:No, typical city would be winning the next two games and going into the last game secure in 4th, only to lose 5-0 and missing out on 4th on goal difference

Mate, there's typical and then there's downright absurd.

The only team to take 5 of the best against West Ham recently have been Burnley and Derby.

Let's shake on 4-0.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby play like we dream » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Our unpredictability is our strength. Who'd have thought we'd score 14 goals in three games? Then none in two. Villa, Spurs, be afraid.
Let's play our part. Humble the opposition with our noise and passion. We want it more than them. More than anyone.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: NDJ

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum