7th place

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

7th place

Postby ashton287 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:36 pm

spurs and villa are 100% must win games, a draw wont do and If we get beat by spurs and villa and liverpool win there last games, we could actually finish 7th for fucks sake. does 7th even get europa?
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Re: 7th place

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:45 pm

7th gets Europa league football this season because Portsmouth haven't got a license and apparently can't make a retrospective application
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Well in all fairness we HAVE to win against Spurs and Villa ANYWAY to try and get 4th.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:59 pm

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=32015

it's all in here...1 point confirms Europa, 9 champions league football
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:01 pm

ashton287 wrote:spurs and villa are 100% must win games, a draw wont do and If we get beat by spurs and villa and liverpool win there last games, we could actually finish 7th for fucks sake. does 7th even get europa?

A draw against villa and win the other 2 makes 4th likely
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:14 pm

ashton287 wrote:spurs and villa are 100% must win games, a draw wont do and If we get beat by spurs and villa and liverpool win there last games, we could actually finish 7th for fucks sake. does 7th even get europa?

You're even worrying about 7th? There's no chance that we'll screw up enough to finish 7th. Although if European Football in any form is almost guarenteed then we've got lots to look forwards to next season!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Kladze » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:18 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:

A draw against villa and win the other 2 makes 4th likely

A draw against Villa and win the other two makes 4th a certainty (unless my maths is completely up the spout).
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:21 pm

if we draw with villa beat spurs and west ham gives us 70 pts
spurs beat bolton and burnley, lose to us they have 70 pts
then its goal difference.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:28 pm

feedthegreek wrote:if we draw with villa beat spurs and west ham gives us 70 pts
spurs beat bolton and burnley, lose to us they have 70 pts
then its goal difference.

Our Goal Difference is presently better than Tottenham's. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm

Never known it so close for 4th place. We're presently in 6th which makes Saturday's clash so vital against a well organised and efficient Villa. How many Own Goals will Dunne score? Hopefully the Lad will get a decent reception.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Its dead simple.

Win our remaining 3 games and we will be playing in the Champions League next season.

Its in our hands and time for the players and manager to step up to the table.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:41 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Its dead simple.

Win our remaining 3 games and we will be playing in the Champions League next season.

Its in our hands and time for the players and manager to step up to the table.

Well said that man !

Get him another beer bar tender. For all the threads created today, yesterday or over the last few weeks about our league position. It was always a case of 'It being in our own hands'.

It was looking good today as Villa seemed to be pretty poor and then get a 50-50 penalty. Now the Pool are 3 up.

It's nevertheless still there for CIty to earn fourth place.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby irblinx » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:08 pm

btajim wrote:Our Goal Difference is presently better than Tottenham's.

But they play Burnley as their last game, could easily get double figures!
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby viking the Odd » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:15 pm

7th place would be about right for the way we are playing at the moment, there are 6 teams better than us, we will get what we deserve, I think we lost our chance for 4th,with the crap we played against stoke, Everton, and more recently,against the Scum,and Arsenal, a faint heart has never won a fair lady, so a gutless 7th it may well be.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm

irblinx wrote:
btajim wrote:Our Goal Difference is presently better than Tottenham's.

But they play Burnley as their last game, could easily get double figures!

They've got Burnley? Didn't know that.

Arsebiscuits.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Think we'll draw with villa and spurs and then probably beat west ham.

Doubt that'll be enough for 4th, but evidently no chance of mancini risking a defeat by actually trying to win a game. If we'd gone for it in last 2 games, we could have won at least one. Worse case was no points and, frankly, one point is of no more use in terms of trying to get 4th.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Don't worry we'll get 4th, we'll win our last 3 games it's typical City making us sweat but we will do it in the end COME ON BLUES!!!
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Don't worry we'll get 4th, we'll win our last 3 games it's typical City making us sweat but we will do it in the end COME ON BLUES!!!

Actually typical City would be us losing all 3 games and finishing 7th.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:08 pm

No, typical city would be winning the next two games and going into the last game secure in 4th, only to lose 5-0 and missing out on 4th on goal difference
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Twobob » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:13 pm

If we get a pen in the 91st minute for a must win goal against West Ham, I'm goinna cry!

Just keep fat Boby Folwer away from it!!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:14 pm

viking the Odd wrote:7th place would be about right for the way we are playing at the moment, there are 6 teams better than us, we will get what we deserve, I think we lost our chance for 4th,with the crap we played against stoke, Everton, and more recently,against the Scum,and Arsenal, a faint heart has never won a fair lady, so a gutless 7th it may well be.

Strange you should raise this point though. 'At the moment'......... we didn't beat Arsenal.

The P. League is about 38 games and once we've evened up all the games with the teams around us , next wednesday against Spurs, We'll know exactly how good or bad we've been. If whu are safe by then, they won't give a toss on the last day. So long as they are not embarrassed at home...... it should be a good winnable game for us.

I think we would have had fourth wrapped up if we won at home against the likes of Burnley and Hull
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum