Carlos Tevez to walk if City miss out on CL (Daily Mail)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carlos Tevez to walk if City miss out on CL (Daily Mail)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:53 pm

guv111 wrote:
lythamblue wrote:Why do you all assume that this is all bollox? It wouldn't surprise me if there was an element of truth in it.

Look at the player and his career so far. He left his boyhood club Boca to find fame and fortune abroad and ended up playing a part in some dodgy, illegal scam at West Ham which ultimately got them in a stack of trouble. He then leaves Utd complaining bitterly
about treatment from the club and the manager (basically they didn't kiss his arse) and then ends up at City with rumours abounding that more cash actually changed hands than the already substantial amounts which were mooted.

As much as I love what he has done for us on the pitch, think he is a great player and would hate the prospect of losing him ..... I still wouldn't trust him (or his advisor) one iota. He came out of the backstreets, wouldn't want to go back there and was brought up in an environment where you look after number one.

Unfortunately, when you sign players who have these kind of behavioural patterns ..... you shouldn't be surprised
when they start to deploy them on you. Methinks, Tevez may be starting to flex his muscles and Mancini may haveto work clever to handle this one correctly.

I too hope this story is bollox ..... but I'm not prepared to dismiss it as quickly as some of you have.

Excellent post. Nice to read some sense amongst the paranoia.

Ditto.

Both your posts are spot on IMO...there are far too many fans on here that dismiss whatever the papers say.

Sorry--but there will always be an element of truth in most topics printed.....we just have to decipher what part could be true instead of burying our heads in the sand and dismissing it as LIES.

Tevez and Bellemy do not seem to be too pleased at the moment and it,s showing in their play...........I wouldnt be surprised to see either go this summer.
I dont think Im being paranoid about that either.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby BobKowalski » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
guv111 wrote:
lythamblue wrote:Why do you all assume that this is all bollox? It wouldn't surprise me if there was an element of truth in it.

Look at the player and his career so far. He left his boyhood club Boca to find fame and fortune abroad and ended up playing a part in some dodgy, illegal scam at West Ham which ultimately got them in a stack of trouble. He then leaves Utd complaining bitterly
about treatment from the club and the manager (basically they didn't kiss his arse) and then ends up at City with rumours abounding that more cash actually changed hands than the already substantial amounts which were mooted.

As much as I love what he has done for us on the pitch, think he is a great player and would hate the prospect of losing him ..... I still wouldn't trust him (or his advisor) one iota. He came out of the backstreets, wouldn't want to go back there and was brought up in an environment where you look after number one.

Unfortunately, when you sign players who have these kind of behavioural patterns ..... you shouldn't be surprised
when they start to deploy them on you. Methinks, Tevez may be starting to flex his muscles and Mancini may haveto work clever to handle this one correctly.

I too hope this story is bollox ..... but I'm not prepared to dismiss it as quickly as some of you have.

Ditto.

Both your posts are spot on IMO...there are far too many fans on here that dismiss whatever the papers say.

Sorry--but there will always be an element of truth in most topics printed.....we just have to decipher what part could be true instead of burying our heads in the sand and dismissing it as LIES.

Tevez and Bellemy do not seem to be too pleased at the moment and it,s showing in their play...........I wouldnt be surprised to see either go this summer.

Agreed. I still think the Tevez article proir to the derby was a monumently stupid thing to do and dissing the owners who are paying your wages is never bright at anytime. If Mancini is here next season I think there is agood chance that neither Tevez or Bellamy will be around.

Silly thing is Bellamy ain't stupid and he must know he won't get a better gig then this so picking fights with management is counterproductive especially given he has played well ths season. Unless he is that stupid so who knows.

Tevez I just think says what he is told to say.

It would be a shame but so be it.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:09 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
guv111 wrote:

Ditto.

So money counts for nothing then? The clubs these players are going to are obviously going to offer AT LEAST the same amount of wages that we currently pay them, right?

I mean all these stories that players WANT to leave just don't seem to make sense to me... what is so horrible at our club that they simply HAVE to leave ASAP? Is it the prospect of being put into Manchester City's hall of fame for being the first team to win the league for an age? Is it the shitty wages they're on? Is it the crap league they play in? Is it because Mancini is mean to them?

There are plenty of hacks willing to try and convince the world this club will never become a top club and I've gotten used to that already. Unfortunately for them, the biggest obstacle that keeps standing in their way is lack of plausible reason.

Players leave for more money, better prospects, more playing time or to go home.

Now I've read through this thread and because of what some fuckwit in the fucking Daily Mail wrote, with no quotes whatsoever, Tevez' loyalty to the cause has been questioned. Of all fucking players. Oh and its been mentioned that WHEN HE GOES WE'LL JUST GET SOMEONE BETTER. Its kind of difficult to aquire a player that will be better than a premier league POTY nominee.

In other words, they don't come much better at the moment. Now he had plenty of options when he was leaving united and he thought long and hard and he chose us. Since he has moved here, he has been in the form of his life, on huge wages and has been nominated for premier league Player of the Year award. He did not sign because he was assured instant champions league.

Have a look back at what he said when he joined.
Original Dub

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Looks like Kia has been talking to clubs and found some that wouldnt mind having Tevez in their team.

Wasnt the Tevez money last summer enough Kia, you fucking parasite.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby JonnyAsh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:37 pm

This whole CL thing is a joke. The only mandate when Tevez joined was top 6, the CL thing only came out half way through the season.
At the end of the day, if someone is unhappy, let them go, there would be plenty of others who will take their place
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:56 pm

If you all think this article is bad wait to see what comes out before the Spuds game if we beat Villa.The top dogs are fuckin shitting themselves they want us to fail coz they know if we dont we will be the immovable force in the game for years.The likes of Arse and the Rags cant compete with us finiancially and Chelski would struggle imho.So get used to shit press coz we are gonna get it even more.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:19 am

gillie wrote:If you all think this article is bad wait to see what comes out before the Spuds game if we beat Villa.The top dogs are fuckin shitting themselves they want us to fail coz they know if we dont we will be the immovable force in the game for years.The likes of Arse and the Rags cant compete with us finiancially and Chelski would struggle imho.So get used to shit press coz we are gonna get it even more.

This ^^ Well said mate.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:26 am

I do not understand why we do the media's work for them - you only have to listen to the journos on that sunday supplement programme to see just how much they despise us - they will take every opportunity to dump on us and distract - why help them? why give the tossers any respect by considering seriously anything they say

For me Khaldoon should employ someone to monitor the press and then when they want to get close to us because we are successful - fuck them off - they have gotten cosy with the old guard for years and we are disrupting their gravy train
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Richard » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 am

More Mail crap... I hope.
Richard
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:04 am

Perhaps Mascherano to us is more realistic.
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Craig B » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 am

mcfc1632 wrote:I do not understand why we do the media's work for them - you only have to listen to the journos on that sunday supplement programme to see just how much they despise us - they will take every opportunity to dump on us and distract - why help them? why give the tossers any respect by considering seriously anything they say

For me Khaldoon should employ someone to monitor the press and then when they want to get close to us because we are successful - fuck them off - they have gotten cosy with the old guard for years and we are disrupting their gravy train

Why don't we just buy a newspaper outright and print positive stories about us! ;-)
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:34 am

JonnyAsh wrote:This whole CL thing is a joke. The only mandate when Tevez joined was top 6, the CL thing only came out half way through the season.
At the end of the day, if someone is unhappy, let them go, there would be plenty of others who will take their place

Agreed. Standard press bollox, and especially SKY. Mostly they just do stuff for money.

Strangely the other other main press bollox is that players play/think they play too many games. So not playing in midweek should be a Godsend eh?

I agree with some - if Tevez IS off there´s no need to panic. The incoming players will be better. Can't see anyone matching his wages though, and money makes him tick!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:30 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/new ... le-signing

And because some Cnut kicks it if off, we're now being linked to Didier Desklamps and his mob, just because CT was at their game on Sunday!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blootoof » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:46 pm

GET IN!!! Me bluemoon account has been re-activated....

Oh! one sec..
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:08 pm

blootoof wrote:GET IN!!! Me bluemoon account has been re-activated....

Oh! one sec..

I know it is getting rather silly is'nt it.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby blootoof » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:29 pm

gillie wrote:
blootoof wrote:GET IN!!! Me bluemoon account has been re-activated....

Oh! one sec..

I know it is getting rather silly is'nt it.

rag!!!!
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum