Carlos Tevez to walk if City miss out on CL (Daily Mail)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carlos Tevez to walk if City miss out on CL (Daily Mail)

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:36 am

guv111 wrote:
Tevez will leave this summer if anyone can match the club's evaluation of him; if not, we'll be left with a player who - next season - will be a shadow of himself. He's made his point to Ferguson, so why would he stay?

So that's great, we now have someone sticking the knife into Tevez.

Seeing as you're defending the article, do you think it's true that Liverpool will be a possible destination for Tevez?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby aaron bond » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:39 am

The headline states Tevez wants out because he wants CL football.

The story says he could be going to Liverpool.

Liverpool will not be in the CL next season.

And some people on here still think this story is true...
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
guv111 wrote:
Tevez will leave this summer if anyone can match the club's evaluation of him; if not, we'll be left with a player who - next season - will be a shadow of himself. He's made his point to Ferguson, so why would he stay?

Seeing as you're defending the article, do you think it's true that Liverpool will be a possible destination for Tevez?

Am I defending the article? No. Do I think Tevez will go to Liverpool? No. Do I think he will leave? Yes. I also think we will get someone better and more loyal in the long run, and better players in a variety of other positions.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:12 am

guv111 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
guv111 wrote:

Am I defending the article? No. Do I think Tevez will go to Liverpool? No. Do I think he will leave? Yes. I also think we will get someone better and more loyal in the long run, and better players in a variety of other positions.

If it's complete bollocks that he'll go to Liverpool, why do you think that the bloke would be lying about that bit but telling the truth with the rest of it? Why select bits of a clearly dodgy, untruthful piece, decree that those particular bits should be treated as the truth & then criticise people who think it's a load of bollocks (by a journalist who's got previous for making up stories about City) for being paranoid?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby irblinx » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:13 am

Blue Toy wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1268590/Carlos-Tevez-walk-Manchester-City-miss-Champions-League-spot.html?ITO=1490

He also voiced his displeasure about City using his image in a provocative 'Welcome to Manchester' poster campaign.

Would that be the poster that he specifically asked for a copy of for himself? It all sounds like made up bollox but that bit in particular must be crap
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby viking the Odd » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:22 am

Without Tevez this season, we would probally be below Brum. His agent is and always has been a problem, but Tevez is loyal to him, if he says jump, Tevez will jump, my guess he will be gone.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby david yearsley » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:28 am

guv111 wrote:I'd be very surprised if Tevez is still at City next season - and we need to stop this paranoid delusion that the entire media are out to get us. Some are, undoubtedly, but to refute every single article we don't agree with as inspired by jealousy and/or spite is ridiculous.

So, why do I think Tevez will go? It goes back to the day he held up a City shirt for photos and comes right up to today. He has never shown any great love for City, but rather came here as a means of cocking a snook at Alex Ferguson. Had Liverpool made a substantial offer, he would have gone there. Or Arsenal. Or Chelsea. When holding aloft the City shirt for photographs, rather than looking thrilled to be here, he turned up looking like a tramp; a down and out; a particularly scruffy vagrant; A vagabond. I think most of us overlooked that lack of respect for our club as we were just so dazzled to have him. Had he signed for Rel Madrid that day, does anyone really believe he would have turned up to the photoshoot looking like that? Nope, he would have been immaculate (well, as immaculate as he can manage).

At the time of the Welcome to Manchester poster campaign, Tevez was more than happy to go along with it. He was so consumed with anger at Ferguson, that he would have practically sanctioned anything aimed at Man U. Come the League Cup semi first leg, and once again it was "me, me, me," as he gloried in his own ego. How dare Man U sell ME! Now, at the business end of the season, rather than getting his head down and doing his damnedest to make sure we grab fourth, he comes out and criticises
Mancini's training methods (can anyone seriously, hand on heart envisage a leading Man U player doing that? Seriously?) and months later he says he didn't like the poster campaign after all. Great timing, Carlos. Well done. It couldn't wait till the summer, could it?

Tevez doesn't love City. Neither does Adebayor, another player who used City as a platform to attack a former club. Neither, indeed, does any current City player, except perhaps Adam Johnson who has made no secret of being thrilled to be here.

But we don't need our players to love City. Players rarely love a club as much as the fans. What we do demand, however, is professionalism, and Tevez has been the epitome of unprofessional in recent weeks. Indeed, I'd go as far as to say that he is being mouthy a) because that's the kind of self-gratifying person he is, and b) because he wants to show potential suitors that he is somehow "classier" than City, and that he never, ever, honest-guv wanted to be part of that Welcome To Manchester thing.

It pains me to say it but there is more than a ring of truth in what you say. Do I believe he´ll go ? ATM I would say no primarily because he has been on record as saying he loves the fact that his kid is educated here and that he feels settled in the north west. That´s a big factor imo. Would any other club match our asking price ? Madrid maybe with yet another bankloan or a player exchange (Van de Vaart plus Benzema eg) . Tevez would not be the regular starter he is here - that´s a fact! His performances in the last two games does however lead me to believe there is a problem. Mancini has got show some man management skills this next seven days coz the whole shebang is on the line and we need the whole squad pulling at 200% the next 2 home games
Oh and I have been on record as opining that Joorabchian is the footballing equivalent of a pimp
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:43 am

david yearsley wrote:
guv111 wrote:I'd be very surprised if Tevez is still at City next season - and we need to stop this paranoid delusion that the entire media are out to get us. Some are, undoubtedly, but to refute every single article we don't agree with as inspired by jealousy and/or spite is ridiculous.

So, why do I think Tevez will go? It goes back to the day he held up a City shirt for photos and comes right up to today. He has never shown any great love for City, but rather came here as a means of cocking a snook at Alex Ferguson. Had Liverpool made a substantial offer, he would have gone there. Or Arsenal. Or Chelsea. When holding aloft the City shirt for photographs, rather than looking thrilled to be here, he turned up looking like a tramp; a down and out; a particularly scruffy vagrant; A vagabond. I think most of us overlooked that lack of respect for our club as we were just so dazzled to have him. Had he signed for Rel Madrid that day, does anyone really believe he would have turned up to the photoshoot looking like that? Nope, he would have been immaculate (well, as immaculate as he can manage).

At the time of the Welcome to Manchester poster campaign, Tevez was more than happy to go along with it. He was so consumed with anger at Ferguson, that he would have practically sanctioned anything aimed at Man U. Come the League Cup semi first leg, and once again it was "me, me, me," as he gloried in his own ego. How dare Man U sell ME! Now, at the business end of the season, rather than getting his head down and doing his damnedest to make sure we grab fourth, he comes out and criticises
Mancini's training methods (can anyone seriously, hand on heart envisage a leading Man U player doing that? Seriously?) and months later he says he didn't like the poster campaign after all. Great timing, Carlos. Well done. It couldn't wait till the summer, could it?

Tevez doesn't love City. Neither does Adebayor, another player who used City as a platform to attack a former club. Neither, indeed, does any current City player, except perhaps Adam Johnson who has made no secret of being thrilled to be here.

But we don't need our players to love City. Players rarely love a club as much as the fans. What we do demand, however, is professionalism, and Tevez has been the epitome of unprofessional in recent weeks. Indeed, I'd go as far as to say that he is being mouthy a) because that's the kind of self-gratifying person he is, and b) because he wants to show potential suitors that he is somehow "classier" than City, and that he never, ever, honest-guv wanted to be part of that Welcome To Manchester thing.

It pains me to say it but there is more than a ring of truth in what you say. Do I believe he´ll go ? ATM I would say no primarily because he has been on record as saying he loves the fact that his kid is educated here and that he feels settled in the north west. That´s a big factor imo. Would any other club match our asking price ? Madrid maybe with yet another bankloan or a player exchange (Van de Vaart plus Benzema eg) . Tevez would not be the regular starter he is here - that´s a fact! His performances in the last two games does however lead me to believe there is a problem. Mancini has got show some man management skills this next seven days coz the whole shebang is on the line and we need the whole squad pulling at 200% the next 2 home games
Oh and I have been on record as opining that Joorabchian is the footballing equivalent of a pimp

as crazy as this sounds...man-management doesn't seem to have been an issue for Mancini in his time in Italia. Do some work and you'll find numerous examples of that. And those players seem to want to be reunited with him again if you believe the media bollox.

If Tevez wanted to leave and there was a buyer he could force our hand i'm sure. And if Mancini is crossing swords with Bellamy and Tevez it doesn't sound so good on the surface. But neither Bellamy nor Tevez has done much of anything worth noting the last 2 matches when we really needed just one special moment from each of them in both matches and we'd be sitting in really really good position for 4th.

I'm starting to believe that Mancini will get something really positive done for City. I also think that Tevez is key to that story. I'm sure Bobby agrees.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:49 am

This is exactly what that article is designed to do. Helps his buddys like Harry & ONeil & Liverpool. Dreadful that we're falling for it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bluej » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:01 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:The quotes in that piece really worry me.

Bang on the money for me.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby walmai » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:05 am

King Kev wrote:One word.. Contract

Like the two year one he had at West Ham on loan? The one he walked out on so Man United had to compensate us?

A small, much-ignored sub-plot to the whole stupid mess of registration, third party influences etc etc, but the day after Tevez scored at Old Trafford in our colours, he still had another year left on his loan contract. He simply cleared his flat and did one.

If he's still hooked up with his non-agent advisor Joorabchian, he will, effectively, top up doing what he wants.

I am not saying that he will leave, because I doubt that he will have to worry about looking for CL football elsewhere. But don't count on Kia having any scruples. Tevez is his gravy-train.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby david yearsley » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:05 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
david yearsley wrote:

as crazy as this sounds...man-management doesn't seem to have been an issue for Mancini in his time in Italia. Do some work and you'll find numerous examples of that. And those players seem to want to be reunited with him again if you believe the media bollox.

If Tevez wanted to leave and there was a buyer he could force our hand i'm sure. And if Mancini is crossing swords with Bellamy and Tevez it doesn't sound so good on the surface. But neither Bellamy nor Tevez has done much of anything worth noting the last 2 matches when we really needed just one special moment from each of them in both matches and we'd be sitting in really really good position for 4th.

I'm starting to believe that Mancini will get something really positive done for City. I also think that Tevez is key to that story. I'm sure Bobby agrees.

cheers

You´re probably right mate , just thinking that Bobby could have used a bit of reverse psychology and bitten the bullet for the last 5 games of the season THEN had it out with the dissenting elements within the camp when 4th place was firmly secured. Think it´s gonna be a job and a half to get Bellers and Tevez anywhere near where we need them the next two games.
david yearsley

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:05 am

lythamblue wrote:Why do you all assume that this is all bollox? It wouldn't surprise me if there was an element of truth in it.

Look at the player and his career so far. He left his boyhood club Boca to find fame and fortune abroad and ended up playing a part in some dodgy, illegal scam at West Ham which ultimately got them in a stack of trouble. He then leaves Utd complaining bitterly
about treatment from the club and the manager (basically they didn't kiss his arse) and then ends up at City with rumours abounding that more cash actually changed hands than the already substantial amounts which were mooted.

As much as I love what he has done for us on the pitch, think he is a great player and would hate the prospect of losing him ..... I still wouldn't trust him (or his advisor) one iota. He came out of the backstreets, wouldn't want to go back there and was brought up in an environment where you look after number one.

Unfortunately, when you sign players who have these kind of behavioural patterns ..... you shouldn't be surprised
when they start to deploy them on you. Methinks, Tevez may be starting to flex his muscles and Mancini may haveto work clever to handle this one correctly.

I too hope this story is bollox ..... but I'm not prepared to dismiss it as quickly as some of you have.
Because it doesn't make any sense. Tevez wants Champions League football.. so they link him with Liverpool!?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dario2739 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:11 am

Whilst I think the story is complete bollox, I have to say i'm starting to get really pissed off with all the press shite of late - it does seem that there's a campaign to unsettle us on the run-in... and it seems to be working so far!
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:14 am

david yearsley wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
david yearsley wrote:

cheers

You´re probably right mate , just thinking that Bobby could have used a bit of reverse psychology and bitten the bullet for the last 5 games of the season THEN had it out with the dissenting elements within the camp when 4th place was firmly secured. Think it´s gonna be a job and a half to get Bellers and Tevez anywhere near where we need them the next two games.

i think the best part of what you see with successful managers is that they don't skimp on success. they know how they've had success before and they are laser-focused on doing what made them successful, sometimes to a fault.

i'm ok with whatever Mancini is doing at practice sessions, etc. I think if it were something truly outrageous or out of line we'd have read that in Doug's training reports...and i know that he's moved practice around a bit, but fucl me...these guys work a few hours a day together and then probably some time separately on their own or with other trainers, etc...if moving a few practices around ruffles their feathers, or having to work 3 hours instead of 2 makes them whine like bitches then maybe they need to grow a pair. They get paid a fuckload to do their job. Do it.

My point here is simply that you can't expect a successful manager to change their tactics or approach to accommodate some bitching and whining because i'm sure the second you do that...and go down that slippery slope you've lost all your credibility.

and i'm speaking in a generic sense...i don't know Mancini well enough yet to make me feel like i should blindly trust that he will get it done, but i'm starting to feel like he will. I like him.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby david yearsley » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:23 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
david yearsley wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
david yearsley wrote:

cheers

i think the best part of what you see with successful managers is that they don't skimp on success. they know how they've had success before and they are laser-focused on doing what made them successful, sometimes to a fault.

i'm ok with whatever Mancini is doing at practice sessions, etc. I think if it were something truly outrageous or out of line we'd have read that in Doug's training reports...and i know that he's moved practice around a bit, but fucl me...these guys work a few hours a day together and then probably some time separately on their own or with other trainers, etc...if moving a few practices around ruffles their feathers, or having to work 3 hours instead of 2 makes them whine like bitches then maybe they need to grow a pair. They get paid a fuckload to do their job. Do it.

My point here is simply that you can't expect a successful manager to change their tactics or approach to accommodate some bitching and whining because i'm sure the second you do that...and go down that slippery slope you've lost all your credibility.

and i'm speaking in a generic sense...i don't know Mancini well enough yet to make me feel like i should blindly trust that he will get it done, but i'm starting to feel like he will. I like him.

cheers

DM you´re bang on the money regarding this - problem is everyone knows about Bellers´ dodgy knee and Carlos was in a very delicate situation with the birth of his daughter. The other thing is the difference in the work ethic between Serie A and the Prem - you can´t, imo, just expect everything to be as you´re used to - cultural differences are sometimes the most difficult to assimilate into your regime
Last edited by david yearsley on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
david yearsley

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:24 am

If the manager & Tevez or Bellamy can't work together then those players have to go. You can't have players picking the team/tactics.

If we believe every story connected with that kind of thing in the coming years though we're in for a lot of threads like this one. I predict that blokes like this will be running stories about whoever we sign next season, telling us they're unhappy near Christmas, then again near the end of next season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:06 am

Ted Hughes wrote:If the manager & Tevez or Bellamy can't work together then those players have to go. You can't have players picking the team/tactics.

If we believe every story connected with that kind of thing in the coming years though we're in for a lot of threads like this one. I predict that blokes like this will be running stories about whoever we sign next season, telling us they're unhappy near Christmas, then again near the end of next season.

that's right. It just shows how much we've truly arrived because top clubs have their players unsettled by the media, agents, etc about 7 days a week. And surely some of them have a hint of truth somewhere perhaps, but...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:10 am

So what he's saying is that Carlos will leave for CL if Carlos and Co. cannot get us into the CL, and that there is an outside chance of him joining the Dippers, even though they're definately not going to be there.

What a strange story to come out with when the player himself has a say on whether WE play CL or not. From reading into it a little deeper, the journo is actually inside Carlos' mind and realises that he has already give up the ghost with us and isn't going to lead the charge for CL, and if he knows that then he truly shouldn't be into journalism as he'd get paid billions for mind-reading.

In my opinion, Carlos is going nowhere and will be here for a few years yet.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
guv111 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
guv111 wrote:

If it's complete bollocks that he'll go to Liverpool, why do you think that the bloke would be lying about that bit but telling the truth with the rest of it? Why select bits of a clearly dodgy, untruthful piece, decree that those particular bits should be treated as the truth & then criticise people who think it's a load of bollocks (by a journalist who's got previous for making up stories about City) for being paranoid?

You're assuming that I cherry-picked what I liked from the article and ignored the rest. Actually, rather than starting a new thread with my thoughts on Tevez I thought I'd just use this one as it was along similar lines. The journalist wasn't breaking a new story re. Tevez and his long-delayed dislike of Welcome to Manchester or the training methods, and those are the things about Tevez which I dislike. Sorry to be the harbinger of opinions you don't like, but I'm too old to blindly hero-worship footballers. The last time I had a bona fide City hero he went first to West Brom - then the Rags. I'd rather tell it how I see it these days.

Edit: By the way, as I said earlier, IF we do sell Tevez I'm positive we would soon bring in someone better. And I agree, it does seem that this journalist is one of those who are abusing their position of supposed neutrality, along with Ian Herbert, James Lawton (Independent) and Daniel Taylor (Guardian).
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum