Carlos Tevez to walk if City miss out on CL (Daily Mail)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carlos Tevez to walk if City miss out on CL (Daily Mail)

Postby Blue Blood » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:56 pm

utter shite.

why would we sell our star player who has multiple years left on his (very lucrative) contract, even if he wanted to go we would never allow it. There would be riots.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
edge275 wrote:I think there could be legs in him going to Madrid.

Most south Americans seem to have a hankering for Madrid but we've paid big money & gone to a lot of trouble to get him contracted. I doubt there's any way we'd let him go so soon even if he wanted to.

Joe Bernstein has got previous for shit stirring with City. I think he resents us taking the place at the top that Newcastle once had.

What other bile has he written about us Ted in recent months?

I don't know about recent months but he came out with all manner of crap from the period when Frank took over & continued onwards. Can't remember which specific things he was on about now but it was all shite. Basically, y know, all the usual stories that they make up, none of which end in us being happy or successful. Half the time he stole other people's stuff & made out he'd got the info 1st hand. Other hacks believed him because he's a 'respected' journalist. 'smirk'.

Typical cunt then, what these rag worshiping morons don't realise, is that City now hold alot of cards at the top table in world football due to our owner and the influence we can have on any transfer window in anyway we see fit.

City are marketing, building a team around and looking after Carlos Tevez very well, any City fan can see this. Tevez will be at City for a long time yet that's for sure. The media will continue to attack City from all corners untill we become consistently sucessfull.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby lythamblue » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Why do you all assume that this is all bollox? It wouldn't surprise me if there was an element of truth in it.

Look at the player and his career so far. He left his boyhood club Boca to find fame and fortune abroad and ended up playing a part in some dodgy, illegal scam at West Ham which ultimately got them in a stack of trouble. He then leaves Utd complaining bitterly
about treatment from the club and the manager (basically they didn't kiss his arse) and then ends up at City with rumours abounding that more cash actually changed hands than the already substantial amounts which were mooted.

As much as I love what he has done for us on the pitch, think he is a great player and would hate the prospect of losing him ..... I still wouldn't trust him (or his advisor) one iota. He came out of the backstreets, wouldn't want to go back there and was brought up in an environment where you look after number one.

Unfortunately, when you sign players who have these kind of behavioural patterns ..... you shouldn't be surprised
when they start to deploy them on you. Methinks, Tevez may be starting to flex his muscles and Mancini may haveto work clever to handle this one correctly.

I too hope this story is bollox ..... but I'm not prepared to dismiss it as quickly as some of you have.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:15 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
edge275 wrote:I think there could be legs in him going to Madrid.

Most south Americans seem to have a hankering for Madrid but we've paid big money & gone to a lot of trouble to get him contracted. I doubt there's any way we'd let him go so soon even if he wanted to.

Joe Bernstein has got previous for shit stirring with City. I think he resents us taking the place at the top that Newcastle once had.

What other bile has he written about us Ted in recent months?

I don't know about recent months but he came out with all manner of crap from the period when Frank took over & continued onwards. Can't remember which specific things he was on about now but it was all shite. Basically, y know, all the usual stories that they make up, none of which end in us being happy or successful. Half the time he stole other people's stuff & made out he'd got the info 1st hand. Other hacks believed him because he's a 'respected' journalist. 'smirk'.

Typical cunt then, what these rag worshiping morons don't realise, is that City now hold alot of cards at the top table in world football due to our owner and the influence we can have on any transfer window in anyway we see fit.

City are marketing, building a team around and looking after Carlos Tevez very well, any City fan can see this. Tevez will be at City for a long time yet that's for sure. The media will continue to attack City from all corners untill we become consistently sucessfull.

A lot of these hacks have been establishing contacts & kissing arse amongst the 'big 4' obviously bacause they've been the big news for many years, so even if they don't support the particular teams, they still have a leaning towards them because they've been in their pocket for years & years. Then you have the Spurs, Everton, Newcastle etc mob. We're way down the list as we weren't even in the league until the last decade. Then we were just bit part players & a comedy act to show how not to operate.

We're not welcome. Tough shit though, they'll be kissing our arses too before long.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby M147WN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:19 pm

Utter bollocks!
Another piece of shit from a wanna be journo!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:28 pm

You couldn't make it up. Well, he just did, and his editor is happy cos he didnt make anything up about THEM. Cynical, yes!!! thats why my kids will grow up safe in the knowledge that if we run out of arse wipe I can always go out and purchase the daily mail, sports pages facing, and let ian ladyboys face take the brunt of my sons shitty backdraft, comfotable in the knowledge that the print doesnt come out on your cheeks.
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:34 pm

why do they make this bollocks up when nobodys said boo about Gerrards trials and tribulations????
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:46 pm

lythamblue wrote:Why do you all assume that this is all bollox? It wouldn't surprise me if there was an element of truth in it.

Look at the player and his career so far. He left his boyhood club Boca to find fame and fortune abroad and ended up playing a part in some dodgy, illegal scam at West Ham which ultimately got them in a stack of trouble. He then leaves Utd complaining bitterly
about treatment from the club and the manager (basically they didn't kiss his arse) and then ends up at City with rumours abounding that more cash actually changed hands than the already substantial amounts which were mooted.

As much as I love what he has done for us on the pitch, think he is a great player and would hate the prospect of losing him ..... I still wouldn't trust him (or his advisor) one iota. He came out of the backstreets, wouldn't want to go back there and was brought up in an environment where you look after number one.

Unfortunately, when you sign players who have these kind of behavioural patterns ..... you shouldn't be surprised
when they start to deploy them on you. Methinks, Tevez may be starting to flex his muscles and Mancini may haveto work clever to handle this one correctly.

I too hope this story is bollox ..... but I'm not prepared to dismiss it as quickly as some of you have.

What you have to remember though pal is that MSI has for a large majority of Tevez' career owned his rights, they have had a big influence on where he has gone to. Tevez is now 100% owned by Manchester City and he can make his own decisions. He looks very happy here to me.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:05 am

'Mascherano is in contract talks with Liverpool but negotiations have dragged on for weeks. Manager Rafa Benitez admitted: 'We were very close, but I don't know if something has changed since the last time I spoke to him, which was a few days ago. I still expect him to sign.'

Is there not a more viable subject for a story in that paragraph than all the bollox about Tevez? If this bloke is just reporting stories without bias, why is he claiming that Tevez may sign for Liverpool to join a player who himself has mysteriously failed to sign the fucking contract to stay there?

I'll start a more realistic one; Mascherano To Join Tevez At Man City.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:08 am

Ted Hughes wrote:'Mascherano is in contract talks with Liverpool but negotiations have dragged on for weeks. Manager Rafa Benitez admitted: 'We were very close, but I don't know if something has changed since the last time I spoke to him, which was a few days ago. I still expect him to sign.'

Is there not a more viable subject for a story in that paragraph than all the bollox about Tevez? If this bloke is just reporting stories without bias, why is he claiming that Tevez may sign for Liverpool to join a player who himself has mysteriously failed to sign the fucking contract to stay there?

You do see why they've done this don't you mate, it's because off all the news of us being after Torres, so they have put the boot on the other foot and said Liverpool want Tevez. Typical "big 4" media garbage.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:11 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:'Mascherano is in contract talks with Liverpool but negotiations have dragged on for weeks. Manager Rafa Benitez admitted: 'We were very close, but I don't know if something has changed since the last time I spoke to him, which was a few days ago. I still expect him to sign.'

You do see why they've done this don't you mate, it's because off all the news of us being after Torres, so they have put the boot on the other foot and said Liverpool want Tevez. Typical "big 4" media garbage.

The fact that he's even mentioned Liverpool undermines the whole tale imo. If he's lying about that, why should the rest be true?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:33 am

There was a time when the Mail were delighting in getting exclusive access to 'Frank's plans.
Now they delight in concocting every possible dirty rumour to de-stabilise us.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, they say.
'They' haven't been reading the Mail recently!
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:58 am

Yawn!!!!!!!!!!
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:01 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Yawn!!!!!!!!!!

no kidding. Let's wait until it's on the official site, right?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:39 am

What a load of bollox that article is. It makes no sense on a number of levels. Fuck off Daily Mail.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:59 am

Its another bad piece of journalism, even if it did have a speck of truth. Firstly I wouldnt have mentioned the scousers being a prospective buyers, for 3 reasons.
1 Mascarano only lives a few miles away from Carlos, so that would'nt be a drawing point.
2 A cut price of 18 million, dont make me laugh
3 They have no chance of CL football, so if he left us for that reason why go there
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:27 am

I'd be very surprised if Tevez is still at City next season - and we need to stop this paranoid delusion that the entire media are out to get us. Some are, undoubtedly, but to refute every single article we don't agree with as inspired by jealousy and/or spite is ridiculous.

So, why do I think Tevez will go? It goes back to the day he held up a City shirt for photos and comes right up to today. He has never shown any great love for City, but rather came here as a means of cocking a snook at Alex Ferguson. Had Liverpool made a substantial offer, he would have gone there. Or Arsenal. Or Chelsea. When holding aloft the City shirt for photographs, rather than looking thrilled to be here, he turned up looking like a tramp; a down and out; a particularly scruffy vagrant; A vagabond. I think most of us overlooked that lack of respect for our club as we were just so dazzled to have him. Had he signed for Rel Madrid that day, does anyone really believe he would have turned up to the photoshoot looking like that? Nope, he would have been immaculate (well, as immaculate as he can manage).

At the time of the Welcome to Manchester poster campaign, Tevez was more than happy to go along with it. He was so consumed with anger at Ferguson, that he would have practically sanctioned anything aimed at Man U. Come the League Cup semi first leg, and once again it was "me, me, me," as he gloried in his own ego. How dare Man U sell ME! Now, at the business end of the season, rather than getting his head down and doing his damnedest to make sure we grab fourth, he comes out and criticises Mancini's training methods (can anyone seriously, hand on heart envisage a leading Man U player doing that? Seriously?) and months later he says he didn't like the poster campaign after all. Great timing, Carlos. Well done. It couldn't wait till the summer, could it?

Tevez doesn't love City. Neither does Adebayor, another player who used City as a platform to attack a former club. Neither, indeed, does any current City player, except perhaps Adam Johnson who has made no secret of being thrilled to be here.

But we don't need our players to love City. Players rarely love a club as much as the fans. What we do demand, however, is professionalism, and Tevez has been the epitome of unprofessional in recent weeks. Indeed, I'd go as far as to say that he is being mouthy a) because that's the kind of self-gratifying person he is, and b) because he wants to show potential suitors that he is somehow "classier" than City, and that he never, ever, honest-guv wanted to be part of that Welcome To Manchester thing.

Tevez will leave this summer if anyone can match the club's evaluation of him; if not, we'll be left with a player who - next season - will be a shadow of himself. He's made his point to Ferguson, so why would he stay?
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:31 am

lythamblue wrote:Why do you all assume that this is all bollox? It wouldn't surprise me if there was an element of truth in it.

Excellent post. Nice to read some sense amongst the paranoia.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby saulman » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:55 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:The quotes in that piece really worry me.

Well observed.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:21 am

I am pretty confident that he will be at CITY next season for purely factual / practical reasons

1/ He has a long contract with us
2/ We would not sell him without at least recovering our outlay and we would require a price that does not make us look bad
3/ That would mean £50m and there is not a single club on the planet positioned to make such an offer - none
4/ There are only a couple of clubs on the planet able to match our wages to him - and those that do exists are not in the market

I think that more likely his advisers and him realise that he could have got more salary and it does not sit well that he is not the top earner - I think that we will see a new contract in the summer - extra year or 2 and lifting him up to joint top earner
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum