Veira

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Veira

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I see what Mancio was trying to do with this signing and there is no doubt that the experience, attitude and leadership he brings to the squad is invaluable. But he just doesn't look anywhere near the player he was unfortunately and was again a little off the pace at the times today.
I'd like to see us sign Seedorf in the summer. The guys still a class act.

So you would like us to get rid of one granddad and sign another one?..madness.

Personnaly Id like us to sign young players...older players like them 2 are for the wigans and the boltons of the world...teams that need that kind of experience to teach their young players a thing or 2.........we certainly dont fucking need them, what we need are top quality players either in their prime or not far away.

Nah, disagree. Look at the scum. Scholes, Giggs. Still winning them games in their mid 30's. We need a mixture of young and old in the squad. Every squad does. Every player can learn from older players and winners like Vieira and Seedorf no matter how technically good he may be.
On the subject of Seedorf. Have you watched him recently? The guy is still a world class act on the pitch and we dont have a player in our entire squad capable of doing half the stuff that guy can do.

The thing is, these guys have been playing for their respective teams for how long now??? Take them out of that environment and I guarentee they wont be the same player.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I see what Mancio was trying to do with this signing and there is no doubt that the experience, attitude and leadership he brings to the squad is invaluable. But he just doesn't look anywhere near the player he was unfortunately and was again a little off the pace at the times today.

Personnaly Id like us to sign young players...older players like them 2 are for the wigans and the boltons of the world...teams that need that kind of experience to teach their young players a thing or 2.........we certainly dont fucking need them, what we need are top quality players either in their prime or not far away.

Nah, disagree. Look at the scum. Scholes, Giggs. Still winning them games in their mid 30's. We need a mixture of young and old in the squad. Every squad does. Every player can learn from older players and winners like Vieira and Seedorf no matter how technically good he may be.
On the subject of Seedorf. Have you watched him recently? The guy is still a world class act on the pitch and we dont have a player in our entire squad capable of doing half the stuff that guy can do.

I think the point here is that neville, scholes etc. have been with united all there lives and bleed red. Vieira, seedorf, ronaldinho etc. dont give a flying fuck about city and come here for an easy pay cheque.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:57 pm

Nick wrote:They were blatantly taking the piss. He did the odd good thing and made Song or Diaby ( i forget which one) look like a twat because hes also a dirty bastard and veira just stood there and got fouled. But watch it again and count how many times he passed the pass to nobody. And also the times when he was so close to the ball but couldnt/wouldnt get to it.

We still give the ball away so needlessly at times. And thats nearly all 11 players.

I also thought micah was our best attacking threat!!!

Like I said its amazing how differnet people see different things from the same game. I seem to be in the minority on this one though, so I will watch it again when I get chance an see if it changes my opinion. I dont think hes outstanding just did well today.

Ha I take your last comment tongue in cheek.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:03 pm

And as nobody picked on my adebayor comment, I thought I'd have another moan! I thought he did well when he tried to take on the whole team, but he pissed me off that he was pissing himself when he kept fucking up and seemed to thing the whole thing was a joke. RUN FOR FUCKS SAKE and pressure defenders/ the keeper. Their keeper is fucking shit and we didnt worry him in the slightest.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Nick wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think the point here is that neville, scholes etc. have been with U***d all there lives and bleed red. Vieira, seedorf, ronaldinho etc. dont give a flying fuck about city and come here for an easy pay cheque.

That maybe, but in my opinion if a player is still good enough, then the added experience he has at the top level of winning trophies and leagues is a big plus. It unfortunately hasnt worked on the pitch with Vieira but it could with someone else who is still a top player.
Seedorf has just scored for AC Milan btw.
With regard to the easy pay cheque argument, you could just as easily say that about a 23 year old than a 36 year old. Why should anyone give a fuck about City unless they're a born and bred blue? They perform because they're professionals.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Nick wrote:And as nobody picked on my adebayor comment, I thought I'd have another moan! I thought he did well when he tried to take on the whole team, but he pissed me off that he was pissing himself when he kept fucking up and seemed to thing the whole thing was a joke. RUN FOR FUCKS SAKE and pressure defenders/ the keeper. Their keeper is fucking shit and we didnt worry him in the slightest.

Considering the year Ade's had, I don't have a problem whatsoever with him smiling on the pitch, even in self-defeat.

Better he's smiling than otherwise. He's that type of player.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:38 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Nick wrote:And as nobody picked on my adebayor comment, I thought I'd have another moan! I thought he did well when he tried to take on the whole team, but he pissed me off that he was pissing himself when he kept fucking up and seemed to thing the whole thing was a joke. RUN FOR FUCKS SAKE and pressure defenders/ the keeper. Their keeper is fucking shit and we didnt worry him in the slightest.

Considering the year Ade's had, I don't have a problem whatsoever with him smiling on the pitch, even in self-defeat.

Better he's smiling than otherwise. He's that type of player.

I agree. Leave him to it. We looked a bloody sight better when he came on.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mike J » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:41 pm

he was fucking dreadful. if we re sign him next year if mancini is around it would be up there with the worst signings in our history and thats saying something.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:17 am

Firstly theres no way hes 34 or whatever age hes caiming to be hes closer to 40 in my opinion.

Secondly he was played in a forward midfield role in the toughest league in the world against one of the best midfields in it, i blame mancini for this, he in my opinion should only be used as a protector on front of the back 4, to win and distribute to the players with legs and ability to play. Hes not cut out for the role he was asked to play yesterday and the blame lays with the manager.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Spurge » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:02 am

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:
Nick wrote:They were blatantly taking the piss. He did the odd good thing and made Song or Diaby ( i forget which one) look like a twat because hes also a dirty bastard and veira just stood there and got fouled. But watch it again and count how many times he passed the pass to nobody. And also the times when he was so close to the ball but couldnt/wouldnt get to it.

We still give the ball away so needlessly at times. And thats nearly all 11 players.

I also thought micah was our best attacking threat!!!

Like I said its amazing how differnet people see different things from the same game. I seem to be in the minority on this one though, so I will watch it again when I get chance an see if it changes my opinion. I dont think hes outstanding just did well today.

Ha I take your last comment tongue in cheek.

I'm with you mate, I thought Vierra had a good game for city yesterday, don't get me wrong I think overall he hasn't been a success in his short time with us, but he did what was asked of him yesterday in a role that saw hime the more advanced of the midfield 3.

I was sat with the Arsenal fans (I have a couple of mates who have a spare season ticket and they always keep this game for me) and they thought Vierra had a good game for us.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Firstly theres no way hes 34 or whatever age hes caiming to be hes closer to 40 in my opinion.

Secondly he was played in a forward midfield role in the toughest league in the world against one of the best midfields in it, i blame mancini for this, he in my opinion should only be used as a protector on front of the back 4, to win and distribute to the players with legs and ability to play. Hes not cut out for the role he was asked to play yesterday and the blame lays with the manager.

I think thats about right. I always try and guess his age and usually add 10 years on.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby btajim » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Mike J wrote:he was fucking dreadful. if we re sign him next year if mancini is around it would be up there with the worst signings in our history and thats saying something.

I cringed when he came in. I understood the idea - but Vieira is past it. Mourinho would never have let him go if he was useful and a Defensive Midfielder was not a priority.

Fingers crossed he leaves this Club in the Summer.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Considering that it was reported that Vieira came to us in order to get game time in an effort to get back into his national side, I have been surprised by his lack of effort since he came to us.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:09 pm

I've not been suprised by his play at all. Yet another thing I got shouted down about when I heard we were signing him. He is old as the hills and was in steep decline when he was leaving the prem 5 years ago to go and play in a slower league.

Why on earth wny of you thought he was going to be a great signing was beyond me even then. Poor, poor signing.

All that said, he didn't have a particularly shit game yesterday. He was like the rest of the team - slow and boring.
Original Dub

Postby Twobob » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:45 pm

btajim wrote:
Mike J wrote:he was fucking dreadful. if we re sign him next year if mancini is around it would be up there with the worst signings in our history and thats saying something.

I cringed when he came in. I understood the idea - but Vieira is past it. Mourinho would never have let him go if he was useful and a Defensive Midfielder was not a priority.

Fingers crossed he leaves this Club in the Summer.

He could go now and no one would miss him - I'm sure we've got Derek Accora (and 'Sam') on the coaching staff to help communicate with him!

When he comes on or starts you can feel the hope evaporate from fans (and i'm sure players too!).

Edit - Just to Say this is my 1000th Post!! I have spouted utter bollox 1000 times, and they said I'd never acheive anything!!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Grob » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:34 pm

After watching him over the last few months, its clear he is not good enough to play for a contender in this league anymore.

Against weaker teams he has used his experiance and quality to our advantage at times.

But as far as consistancy goes he hasnt found it. Maybe thats because of niggles, maybe suspension, but likely becuase he doesnt physically have the attributes anymore to compete in midfield against the best.

I knew Mancini would play him against Arsenel due to his 3 central midfielders rule away at good teams rule if they are all fit. Before the game I said that my tactic would be to bring Zabs in for Ade and play him off Tevez to close down the defence when they were on the ball and generally harass song who is the arsenel heartbeat these days when Fabregas isnt in the middle. Narrow the midfield (impossible with Johnson's natural instincts though) and get the foothold. Maybe then try and win the game.

Or we could just go out they're and play not to get beat, again.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:46 pm

It was a quandry for me yesterday. Yes Vieira made a heap of mistakes but he got in position so many times to make the mistakes. When he was on the field he was everywhere and really getting amongst it.

Do you get angry at a player who gets involved and makes blunders or should your anger be better directed at the player watching the others getting stuck in?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:55 am

I would put a rather large bet on him retiring this summer especially when he doesn't get picked for the International squad.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby guv111 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:01 am

If VIEIRA is lazy, what does that make people who can't be bothered to spell his name properly?

Anyway, yes. A complete waste of time and space.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum