Veira

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Veira

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Surely mancio now sees what we see? Or am i missing something? hes so past it/ unfit or lazy its untrue.

Ade also pisses me off how he can be so half arsed in such a big game for him. Yes he did well, but barely chased anything.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Veira

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:15 pm

With each passing day, I really hope Mancini was duped over a television purchase. If he's the man to take us forward, I want to see better judgement than bringing in a man who needs a pulley and winch system to get him moving.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:15 pm

What baffled me today was how can he be so tall and lose so many headers?
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:18 pm

I said from day one the guy is not fast enough mentaly or physically to compete in the prem.

It was a fucking stupid mental loan signing.....I was screaming at the lazy cunt to run.

A waste of a paycheck.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:18 pm

I thought if he played Vieira it would have been for Johnson, so we could break down the middle from his passes. Breaking didn't seem to be part of the plan though & in that pseudo forward midfield role, it seemed as if he was just there to win free kicks & run down the clock. Horrible.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:20 pm

harsh he was decent in the game but i agree though that vieira is past it. a shadow of his former self. get yaya from barca i say.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby edge275 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:20 pm

I was quite happy at the Vieira signing at the time but the 'performances' I've seen from him since have been very questionable. At times he looks decent but most other times he's woeful.

To me he looks like he just can't be arsed anymore.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Vieira can go back to Italy for all I care.

We need to sign a proper midfielder not a has been.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 pm

edge275 wrote:I was quite happy at the Vieira signing at the time but the 'performances' I've seen from him since have been very questionable. At times he looks decent but most other times he's woeful.

To me he looks like he just can't be arsed anymore.

I think he's trying but he just can't run. Unless the pass goes right to him he can't reach it & our passing's shite so he has to stretch for everything. If he played for Barca he'd probably look a lot better. Was surprised at how bad some of his touches were today though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:26 pm

Still he created our only decent chance to score. Good one two with Bellers but the other old man, Campbel got in first !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:34 pm

I see what Mancio was trying to do with this signing and there is no doubt that the experience, attitude and leadership he brings to the squad is invaluable. But he just doesn't look anywhere near the player he was unfortunately and was again a little off the pace at the times today.
I'd like to see us sign Seedorf in the summer. The guys still a class act.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I see what Mancio was trying to do with this signing and there is no doubt that the experience, attitude and leadership he brings to the squad is invaluable. But he just doesn't look anywhere near the player he was unfortunately and was again a little off the pace at the times today.

So you would like us to get rid of one granddad and sign another one?..madness.

Personnaly Id like us to sign young players...older players like them 2 are for the wigans and the boltons of the world...teams that need that kind of experience to teach their young players a thing or 2.........we certainly dont fucking need them, what we need are top quality players either in their prime or not far away.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:41 pm

wow, amazing how we see different games. Ok his first few games left a lot to be desired but today I thought he did well. He was clearly asked to play a slightly more advanced role than Barry an Dejong an I thought he did ok. He brought it down well an played it simple which helped us keep it for a bit (an in the first half it was only for a bit). He hasnt the legs obv but today imo he showed why hes a useful asset to have.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Looked what he is, an old man in a young man,s game.

Apalling signing.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:wow, amazing how we see different games. Ok his first few games left a lot to be desired but today I thought he did well. He was clearly asked to play a slightly more advanced role than Barry an Dejong an I thought he did ok. He brought it down well an played it simple which helped us keep it for a bit (an in the first half it was only for a bit). He hasnt the legs obv but today imo he showed why hes a useful asset to have.

Mate - watch it again...he was fucking pap, the reason he got fouled so much was because hes too fucking slow to release the ball.
He did my head in mate.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:47 pm

He wasn't winning the ball unless it was a under a metre near his foot! I think he kept diving on the floor to have a rest!

Was it just me or did we looked knackered? Though barry had a good first half, then a dodgy second half and looked fucked. Something up with tevez too, he looked fucked.

Well played Vince.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Lee's Alter Ego wrote:wow, amazing how we see different games. Ok his first few games left a lot to be desired but today I thought he did well. He was clearly asked to play a slightly more advanced role than Barry an Dejong an I thought he did ok. He brought it down well an played it simple which helped us keep it for a bit (an in the first half it was only for a bit). He hasnt the legs obv but today imo he showed why hes a useful asset to have.

Mate - watch it again...he was fucking pap, the reason he got fouled so much was because hes too fucking slow to release the ball.
He did my head in mate.

I honestly disagree, he reminded me of Hamann today (when he was half decent for us) intelligently winning free kicks. Took some pressure off us when we were clearly on the back foot. He brought the ball down well an played it simple keeping us in possesion taking pressure of the defence. He should not be played every game but like I said hes useful in certain games.

although the half time analysis said "Vieira rolling back the years"......wouldnt go that far ha.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He did my head in mate.

I honestly disagree, he reminded me of Hamann today (when he was half decent for us) intelligently winning free kicks. Took some pressure off us when we were clearly on the back foot. He brought the ball down well an played it simple keeping us in possesion taking pressure of the defence. He should not be played every game but like I said hes useful in certain games.

although the half time analysis said "Vieira rolling back the years"......wouldnt go that far ha.

They were blatantly taking the piss. He did the odd good thing and made Song or Diaby ( i forget which one) look like a twat because hes also a dirty bastard and veira just stood there and got fouled. But watch it again and count how many times he passed the pass to nobody. And also the times when he was so close to the ball but couldnt/wouldnt get to it.

We still give the ball away so needlessly at times. And thats nearly all 11 players.

I also thought micah was our best attacking threat!!!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I see what Mancio was trying to do with this signing and there is no doubt that the experience, attitude and leadership he brings to the squad is invaluable. But he just doesn't look anywhere near the player he was unfortunately and was again a little off the pace at the times today.

So you would like us to get rid of one granddad and sign another one?..madness.

Personnaly Id like us to sign young players...older players like them 2 are for the wigans and the boltons of the world...teams that need that kind of experience to teach their young players a thing or 2.........we certainly dont fucking need them, what we need are top quality players either in their prime or not far away.

Nah, disagree. Look at the scum. Scholes, Giggs. Still winning them games in their mid 30's. We need a mixture of young and old in the squad. Every squad does. Every player can learn from older players and winners like Vieira and Seedorf no matter how technically good he may be.
On the subject of Seedorf. Have you watched him recently? The guy is still a world class act on the pitch and we dont have a player in our entire squad capable of doing half the stuff that guy can do.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Nick wrote:He wasn't winning the ball unless it was a under a metre near his foot! I think he kept diving on the floor to have a rest!

Was it just me or did we looked knackered? Though barry had a good first half, then a dodgy second half and looked fucked. Something up with tevez too, he looked fucked.

Well played Vince.

Tevez did look tired. It's probably one of those spells where a top team would have rested him for a the Burnley & Brum matches & brought him in for the last 2 games but he's been carrying the team on his back so he has to play.

Barry often looks fucked to me but compared to Vieira he was like Colin Bell.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum