Shay Given's injury

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Shay Given's injury

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:47 pm

King Kev wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:
King Kev wrote:Any chance we could get Weaver on loan for a few weeks?

Carlo Nash?

Is Bert still in the country?

He would have just told the physio to clear off & carried on.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:48 pm

King Kev wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:
King Kev wrote:Any chance we could get Weaver on loan for a few weeks?

Carlo Nash?

Is Bert still in the country?

Ikke Immel is going to make a comeback
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Get on the phone to Birmingham, there HAS to be a loophole in Joe Hart's loan contract.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I think we should be looking very very closely at the small print on the loan of Joe Hart as he clearly is what we should have now as he is our keeper.Sad for Shay as he had missed a couple of days training this week with a shoulder strain issue and then this.

But the answer on Stuart Taylor I think is that he had a knee clear out operation I think. probably a key hole one and I saw him out training for the first time in weeks on Friday. He had a heavily bandaged leg and was only doing fairly light work and nothing at all in goal.I would not think he is fit enough to play next week. I still can't for the life of me work out why what seems like a non serious operation happened 6 games from the end of the season!

As for choices there would have been 3.Tobias Johansen who is on loan to Norwegian side Kongsvinger! Gunnar Nielsen who has been on the bench lately as we know and David Giraldo Gonzalez the Columbian. The recent addition is Lorius Karius but I think we can discount him as he is very young even though he has played a couple of reserve team games.

Mancini has already shown that it is Nielsen as the number one so all other options aside that's who we will get. Is he ready /good enough for the premier league? Sorry Gunnar if you read this but no I don't think he is.Decent keeper for sure and quite a good shot stopper , not bad at one to ones but I fear he has that classic weakness on crosses.Massimo the keeper coach has worked quite a lot on crosses so hopefully he has been improving.

One thing you will get from Gunnar though is effort. At the end of last season I think it was he was recovering from a broken bone in his hand and was pushing himself hard on his own outside to get back to fitness.Not that easy on your own but he was working hard.

Whats the Columbian guy like and when did he arrive? Must have totally missed that one!
I guess he'll be the one on the bench for the next game. If Taylor didnt need that operation its a really bad call to let him have it during the season?!
Gunner it is then. Come on Gunner lad!!!! Get us into the Champions League!

The Columbian has been with us for quite a few months now and has played a few reserve games. Came for a months trial I think and must have impressed as he is still here. About 28ish years old and from what I have seen has sharpened up a bit since he arrived.Yes he would be next in line I expect behind Neilsen but if Hart can be got back it will happen.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I think we should be looking very very closely at the small print on the loan of Joe Hart as he clearly is what we should have now as he is our keeper.Sad for Shay as he had missed a couple of days training this week with a shoulder strain issue and then this.

But the answer on Stuart Taylor I think is that he had a knee clear out operation I think. probably a key hole one and I saw him out training for the first time in weeks on Friday. He had a heavily bandaged leg and was only doing fairly light work and nothing at all in goal.I would not think he is fit enough to play next week. I still can't for the life of me work out why what seems like a non serious operation happened 6 games from the end of the season!

As for choices there would have been 3.Tobias Johansen who is on loan to Norwegian side Kongsvinger! Gunnar Nielsen who has been on the bench lately as we know and David Giraldo Gonzalez the Columbian. The recent addition is Lorius Karius but I think we can discount him as he is very young even though he has played a couple of reserve team games.

Mancini has already shown that it is Nielsen as the number one so all other options aside that's who we will get. Is he ready /good enough for the premier league? Sorry Gunnar if you read this but no I don't think he is.Decent keeper for sure and quite a good shot stopper , not bad at one to ones but I fear he has that classic weakness on crosses.Massimo the keeper coach has worked quite a lot on crosses so hopefully he has been improving.

One thing you will get from Gunnar though is effort. At the end of last season I think it was he was recovering from a broken bone in his hand and was pushing himself hard on his own outside to get back to fitness.Not that easy on your own but he was working hard.

Whats the Columbian guy like and when did he arrive? Must have totally missed that one!
I guess he'll be the one on the bench for the next game. If Taylor didnt need that operation its a really bad call to let him have it during the season?!
Gunner it is then. Come on Gunner lad!!!! Get us into the Champions League!

The Columbian has been with us for quite a few months now and has played a few reserve games. Came for a months trial I think and must have impressed as he is still here. About 28ish years old and from what I have seen has sharpened up a bit since he arrived.Yes he would be next in line I expect behind Neilsen but if Hart can be got back it will happen.

Do Premier Lg rules allow for us to take a keeper back at this stage? I can imagine many circumstances where such a deal is a bit iffy. For example in JH plays a blinder to beat Villa tomorrow then plays for us v them next week!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:30 pm

So linkers just saying what were saying. We should be getting hart back IMO. At the least Maik taylor !
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:05 am

if we'd already made our 3rd sub when he got injured, who would you have stuck in goal? Anyone have some knowledge of our players having been a goalie when they were 11 yrs old that might weigh into the argument? It would have been Kompany for me.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby halnone » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:20 am

DoomMerchant wrote:if we'd already made our 3rd sub when he got injured, who would you have stuck in goal? Anyone have some knowledge of our players having been a goalie when they were 11 yrs old that might weigh into the argument? It would have been Kompany for me.

cheers

i agree. kompany would do well in goal imo
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby JonnyAsh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:56 am

Stick Bellers in goal, he would go at it like a rabid dog! Seriously Kompany would be the obvious choice
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby john68 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:25 am

King Kev wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:Lineker has just said on MOTD that we are possibly exploring getting Hart back!
Wow, he's really putting his neck on the line there isn't he!

I'm thinking about possibly exploring the possibility of maybe marrying Kylie Minogue.

See you at the church.

...and I can POSSIBLY say, that MAYBE, Wendy MIGHT...redesign your arse for posting that mate.....sshhhhh!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Paul68 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:53 am

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:Poor fella was crying as he was carried off, must fucking hurt! even if its a dislocation I would imagine that would cause some muscle damage and mean his season is over. I no you can pop a finger back in but a shoulder is obv different. Ive heard [highlight]a hip is the worst one you can do[/highlight] though so lets be glad it wasnt that ha

You are absolutely right mate - broke my hip falling off a ladder - singularly the most spectacular pain I have ever known - it hurts if you even move a millimetre and I mean a millimetre - try keeping your leg in one place without moving it even a millimetre - impossible - so consequently was in complete agony until i went under the general anasthetic.
horrible horrible experience
edit: oh yeah and was on crutches for about 8 months so as you say lets be glad it wasn't that!
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby mr fu » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:43 am

halnone wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:if we'd already made our 3rd sub when he got injured, who would you have stuck in goal? Anyone have some knowledge of our players having been a goalie when they were 11 yrs old that might weigh into the argument? It would have been Kompany for me.

cheers

i agree. kompany would do well in goal imo

Probably better than Steve Redmond but not a patch on Nigel Gleghorn
BOON ARMY!
mr fu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.
My favourite player is: MIA

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:57 am

Quinny's penalty save from Dean Saunders... Legendary moment!
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby mr fu » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:36 am

Blue Toy wrote:Quinny's penalty save from Dean Saunders... Legendary moment!

...followed by his one handed catch from the resulting corner
BOON ARMY!
mr fu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.
My favourite player is: MIA

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:20 am

john68 wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:Lineker has just said on MOTD that we are possibly exploring getting Hart back!
Wow, he's really putting his neck on the line there isn't he!

I'm thinking about possibly exploring the possibility of maybe marrying Kylie Minogue.

See you at the church.

...and I can POSSIBLY say, that MAYBE, Wendy MIGHT...redesign your arse for posting that mate.....sshhhhh!

he's clearly taking the piss John. Everyone knows that as a long-term solution Wendy trumps Kylie any day.

Sure Kylie might be fun for a night...but fucl me. Can you imagine how many jobs KK would need to have to support her? He'd be on here asking for donations for uhm "new servers" and uhm "more bandwidth" 24/7.

;)
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:50 am

cheers

Correct me if im wrong but cant you sub injured keepers even if you hae used all your subs?

Birmingham claim they dont have to send Hart back, but concidering our predicament, it would be a nice gesture if they did.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby King Kev » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:52 am

eastlandsblue wrote:Birmingham claim they dont have to send Hart back, but concidering our predicament, it would be a nice gesture if they did.
If it was the other way around and City agreed to the nice gesture I would be furious.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:00 pm

King Kev wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:Birmingham claim they dont have to send Hart back, but concidering our predicament, it would be a nice gesture if they did.
If it was the other way around and City agreed to the nice gesture I would be furious.

If it was a case that they were challenging for Europe, but their not, this game today will probably be their last important one, and they have a decent back up in Taylor, we dont
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:02 pm

I just hope we are not stupid enough to "return" their favour by agreeing to loan Joe Hart back to them next season again (if they give him back).
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby sweenyuk » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:16 pm

King Kev wrote:

I am fairly certain the problem wont be Harts contract, but Premiership rules that to bring him back would be classed as a Transfer as he is currently contracted to Brum. So we could have done it in Jan, but at no other time. Short transfers only happen to lower league teams where the rule doesn't apply
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum