Shay Given's injury

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Shay Given's injury

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:48 pm

dazby wrote:Gunnar is going to be a good keeper. However, he is nowhere near the same class as Shay. It is a major step down and we need to resolve this if we are are to have any chance of the Chumps League.

Gunnar makes some good saves but lacks the balance, positioning and reflexes that Shay has. Gunnar deflects a ball for a corner. Shay catches the ball. In training there is a noticable difference. Lorik is another major step down from Gunnar.

If Gunnar gets the nod and puts in the performances it would be absolutely brilliant. However, it's akin to having John Macken as our key striker for the run it.

(Gunnar, if you are reading this please please please prove me wrong.)

wow...one trip to Manc and yr like the fucking Higginbottomest poster on this fuclin forum. Nice work.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:54 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
dazby wrote:Gunnar is going to be a good keeper. However, he is nowhere near the same class as Shay. It is a major step down and we need to resolve this if we are are to have any chance of the Chumps League.

Gunnar makes some good saves but lacks the balance, positioning and reflexes that Shay has. Gunnar deflects a ball for a corner. Shay catches the ball. In training there is a noticable difference. Lorik is another major step down from Gunnar.

If Gunnar gets the nod and puts in the performances it would be absolutely brilliant. However, it's akin to having John Macken as our key striker for the run it.

(Gunnar, if you are reading this please please please prove me wrong.)

wow...one trip to Manc and yr like the fucking Higginbottomest poster on this fuclin forum. Nice work.

cheers

Well tbf Doomy he has actually been to a training session i live here and have not been to one.

Yet.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:59 pm

I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks Doomy.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:17 am

dazby wrote:I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks Doomy.

it actually was you fucknut.

duh.

hope yr enjoying yr last few days mate...wish i could have been there to shake your hand and buy you a pint.

"next time"

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby King Kev » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:34 am

I am amazed at how much people suddenly know about Neilson and his game!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:22 am

According to Talkshite we've applied for special dispensation to bring in a keeper so it looks like Mancini has taken Dazby's advice.

Would we be able to get David James for a few weeks then give him back to them for the cup final?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:51 am

King Kev wrote:I am amazed at how much people suddenly know about Neilson and his game!

Ha ha, i thought that. I actually never even knew he existed tbh. Never heard of him before he came of the bench when he looked like he'd just woke up and got out of bed. SSN are reporting that City are trying to get permission to sign a keeper for the rest of the season, who? It didn't mention. I reckon we should ask Brum for Hart on the premise that he will have another season at their place.

Then pull out of the deal and keep him for ourselves.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:According to Talkshite we've applied for special dispensation to bring in a keeper so it looks like Mancini has taken Dazby's advice.

Would we be able to get David James for a few weeks then give him back to them for the cup final?

According to MEN we asked for special dispensation to get Joe Hart back or sign an emergency keeper.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:53 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:According to Talkshite we've applied for special dispensation to bring in a keeper so it looks like Mancini has taken Dazby's advice.

According to MEN we asked for special dispensation to get Joe Hart back or sign an emergency keeper.

If the league ok it (which would surprise me) I think Brum should let Hart make the decision. They don't have any crucial games now & it gives Hart the opportunity not just to become no1 at City (what's the point in dropping him next season if he does perfectly well now?) but to show Capello that he has the bottle to perform in the biggest games.

It could be the turning point in Hart's career & I recon Brum will understand that if the league give us the green light.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:01 am

To be fair to Dazby he didn't just go to a training session , he majored on the keepers when he was there so got a good close up look at Neilsen and I think he is spot on. If we can get Joe it would be the right answer.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:08 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
dazby wrote:I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks Doomy.

it actually was you fucknut.

duh.

hope yr enjoying yr last few days mate...wish i could have been there to shake your hand and buy you a pint.

"next time"

cheers

Sorry, I'm not used to you doing "nice." ;-)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john68 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:22 am

As back up to Doug's back up to Dazby...The dazzler spent almost all the session intently focussed on the keepers.
He pointed out at the time that there was a definite step down on ability from Shay tyo Gunnar and then to Lorik.
It was patently obvious to see that.

Why...oh fuclin why...do City continually do this to me...(us)?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby ruralblue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:30 am

Personally dont think they will allow us to loan a keeper nor get Hart back. Think we have to get behind Nielson and hope to god he has three spectacular games. The lad was obviously scouted so he can't be that shit, ok he isn't Shay but have faith.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum