Micah poised for Emirates return

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Micah poised for Emirates return

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Micah Richards is hoping to return to first-team duty this weekend after being sidelined for the past three weeks with a knee problem.

Richards had looked in fine form before the set-back and is looking forward to being part of the squad that travels to Arsenal – the team he supported as a boy and made his senior debut against in 2005 – on Saturday.

“I’m feeling good at the moment and can’t wait to get back playing,” he said.

“We know it’s going to be a really difficult game and they’ll obviously be hurting after the Wigan defeat last weekend.

“Having said that, they’re without Cesc Fabregas who is a major influence for them, so there’s no reason why we can’t go there and win regardless because when we’re on our game, I think we’ve already proved we can beat anyone.

“We’ve beaten Chelsea home and away and Arsenal twice at the City of Manchester Stadium so while we respect them, we’ve nothing to fear and we have to go to the Emirates Stadium looking for three points.”

With the race for fourth place still wide open, Richards believes City cannot afford any slip-ups in the remaining four games.

“You can’t rule out anyone who is playing well at this stage of the season,” he said.

“Spurs have taken the initiative by beating Arsenal and Chelsea recently, but Liverpool aren’t out of it and Aston Villa have strung a great run together.

"I still believe that if we really want it –
and we do - it’s there for the taking
and the fact that Villa and Spurs still
have to come to our place could
ultimately hold the key"

“Only Everton and Manchester United have beaten us this season at home - and I don’t think we deserved to lose either of those games - so we’re confident we can win both those games.

“We have the players and we believe we can do it so now we have to go and show it on the pitch.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum