Reserves on right now

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Reserves on right now

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:28 am

john68 wrote:Was 2-0 the final score?

Yep.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ThisIsOurCity » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:40 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:On the flip side, the kids need the same match practice as well.

Without quality kids coming through it will cost the club a lot more to find new talent.

I hear you, but these kids need to play with the top players, how else will they ever get ready for the first team, and what do we do for our players who need match practice - that is what the reserve league was for originally. On tonights evidence, neither side had a player capable (aside from evans) of playing in the premier league in the next 3/4 years. It was a total waste of time

You sure about that ? Boyata, Nimely,Mak,Cunningham, Ibrahim have all featured in the first team this season
and all look as though they have a good future , I have no doubt that some if not all of these will be playing in
the Prem sooner rather than later. Also, it's never a waste of time beating the rags, especially in the semi final of a trophy.
[center]Image[/center]
ThisIsOurCity
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:29 pm

ThisIsOurCity wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:On the flip side, the kids need the same match practice as well.

Without quality kids coming through it will cost the club a lot more to find new talent.

I hear you, but these kids need to play with the top players, how else will they ever get ready for the first team, and what do we do for our players who need match practice - that is what the reserve league was for originally. On tonights evidence, neither side had a player capable (aside from evans) of playing in the premier league in the next 3/4 years. It was a total waste of time

You sure about that ? Boyata, Nimely,Mak,Cunningham, Ibrahim have all featured in the first team this season
and all look as though they have a good future , I have no doubt that some if not all of these will be playing in
the Prem sooner rather than later. Also, it's never a waste of time beating the rags, especially in the semi final of a trophy.

We hold this rose tinted view of kids who come through our youth system - just because we want them to be successful, we big them up way beyond the talent and ability they actually have.

Ibrahim, Cunningham, Nimely, Mak are decent lads, but not good enough for the premier league and never will be - remember, we are going to be fighting it out at the top of the league hopefully in years to come. If they were that good, players aged 18, 19, 20 should be making a firm claim for a first team place, which they might have done during our dire days under pearce, but as it stands, the players we have got in the reserves are not good enough for that standard of football.

Boyata looks a good prospect, but after being frozen out by all the big money signings, he will move on in a few years too.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby dazby » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:23 pm

I think/ I know Ball will make it. Top player. He's currently a striker but I think he'll make it as a midfielder.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:27 pm

On a similar note, Guidetti's loan deal to his old, Swedish club, Brommapojkarna ("The boys from Bromma" - Bromma being a suburb to Stockholm), has gone through. He played his first match in the Swedish top flight earlier this week and scored one goal.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Anyone else wonder why the fuck scum have poisonessbon, ben foster and macheda in the game. Where are other recognised players? How come the city reserves one minute have guys like garrido in it, then the next we fill it with youth?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Sven's lover » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:01 am

mr_nool wrote:On a similar note, Guidetti's loan deal to his old, Swedish club, Brommapojkarna ("The boys from Bromma" - Bromma being a suburb to Stockholm), has gone through. He played his first match in the Swedish top flight earlier this week and scored one goal.

As a friend of perfection, I have to make a small correction here... He didn't score, he had a nice assist though... :)
Sven's lover
De Michelis's Pace

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum