Arsenal v City.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Arsenal v City.

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Just some exerts from an Arsenal board, they are a funny bunch.

And you thought we were bricking it....

Gonna be the gift from hell.

Our defence against ade, tevez and bellamy.

could be another chelsea last year.

We should stack that £30 mil they gave us for Adebayor infront of our goal, might stop them from scoring and we'll atleast get some use out of it.

Our attacking game looks toothless and our defence looks more fragile and error prone than ever. Add to that the players seem like they've checked out for the season and we're in for a painful afternoon.

Not looking forward to this at all, though on the bright side at least it will put an dent in Tottenhams hopes.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: Arsenal v City.

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Only Ade looks doubtful which is poxy.

I'm more confident about this match than Spurs at home!
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:48 pm

If Ade isn't there, RSC will be, score a hatrick and still get sledged on here for doing fuck all for us this season.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 pm

I wonder if Ade will be wearing his Arsenal or City shirt if he's in the stands injured? Poll??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:55 pm

You wouldnt get the rags saying that! I spoke to an arsenal fan the other night and he was a nice lad. Said he hoped he'd see us in the champions league next season.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Wasn't expecting that from there fans at all. I've spent all this week telling everyone we've got no chance, we never win there and knowing our luck Spurs will win at the swamp. Funny old game
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Slim wrote:If Ade isn't there, RSC will be, score a hatrick and still get sledged on here for doing fuck all for us this season.

Well apart from those goals he would probably be quite poor. ;-)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:01 pm

i saw these quotes earlier in the week, there are very few Gooners that are feeling positive for this game. Some of them have offered more than just a comment and backed up their concerns, which basically amount to Cambell and Silvestre have to deal with Ade and Tevez and Bellemy. Which i think says it all.
One poster admitted that at the present time there could not be worse team to have to face than City.

they are there for the taking, lets hope City turn up and turn it on.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Svensational wrote:Even if they are doing shit, and we were doing well "before the derby" I still think its gonna be a proper tough test on Saturday!

Hopefully U***d will beat Spurs in the early KO and that will give us the incentive to go and murder them!!

That's the way i see it, i think its gonna be a hard game even though they have a lot of key players missing.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 pm

Alex Song may return for the visit of Manchester City on Saturday evening.

The midfielder, who has missed the last three games with an inflamed cartilage, faces a fitness test on Friday.

The inclusion of the Cameroon international is the only major change possible from the squad that lost at Wigan last Sunday. That is because Andrey Arshavin (calf), Manuel Almunia (wrist) and Denilson (groin) are still out.

www.arsenal.com

Song could be back for them but great news on the rest that are out.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby gillie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Slim wrote:Just some exerts from an Arsenal board, they are a funny bunch.

And you thought we were bricking it....

Gonna be the gift from hell.

Our defence against ade, tevez and bellamy.

could be another chelsea last year.

We should stack that £30 mil they gave us for Adebayor infront of our goal, might stop them from scoring and we'll atleast get some use out of it.

Our attacking game looks toothless and our defence looks more fragile and error prone than ever. Add to that the players seem like they've checked out for the season and we're in for a painful afternoon.

Not looking forward to this at all, though on the bright side at least it will put an dent in Tottenhams hopes.

Slim i have just read all 6 pages of that thread and their fans are really bricking it lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby sirgordonzola » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:51 am

i must say a trip to Arsenal usually fills me with dread, but reading what Arsenal fans are saying, this could be our year.

I dont know whats going on at Arsenal, but after the two recent matches, they've gone from world beaters to city fodder in 2 weeks.

I am confident we can score and if Ade doesnt get up for this match and put in 90mins of 110% effort then he never will.
sirgordonzola
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:55 am

It would be nice to get a result there, I think that's the only ground now we haven't won at since we got promoted. (Maybe the Hawthorns as well, not really sure) That's hardly a problem because we hadn't won at Old Trafford for years until we beat them recently and Stamford Bridge was as good as a guaranteed loss until we beat them and with style recently. Emirates looks like our damn ground, should be our home away from home.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum