Portsmouth Not Allowed In Europa League... [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Portsmouth Not Allowed In Europa League... [merged]

Postby Haz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Svensational wrote:I hope Everton beat Liverpool to it!

I don't.

Why not? Anything that harms Liverpool must be good, as it makes it harder for them to find new owers in the summer, and less likely to be able to spend money or even keep their squad together. If they were to be taken over and spend big, they would be serious competition for us next season.
Last edited by Haz on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby david yearsley » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:46 pm

We´ll be playing a second string in the early rounds but hopefully that´ll be a bloody strong one after the summer - not given up on 4th by any means but Europa league doesn´t inspire me at all ( till 1/4 finals of course!)
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Portsmouth Not Allowed In Europa League...

Postby guv111 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:49 pm

Manx Blue wrote:£120 Mill in Debt....regardless of who's to blame....fucking rightly so

If they can't pay all the small businesses and organisations, why the fuck should they get themselves deeper in debt by swanning around Europe?

Ooh, great point!

I can only assume you would keep telling everyone on MCF.net that same thing if it was City in Portsmouth's place? Because, believe it or not, it could be any club in Portsmouth's place, even City, were it not for our massive influx of cash.

Advice to glib arseholes with short memories: City have only been rich for about a year - please don't turn us into Man U.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: European Football Information

Postby guv111 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Afternoon chaps!

With Portsmouth's failed attempt at getting into Europe, we now need two points from our final four games to at least get into the Europa League, and we all know the scenario by now for Champions League qualification!!

Here's the Wiki links for both competitions. If we get into the CL, our qualifications games are 17/18th & 24/25 August. The Premiership starts on the 14th of August, so the games come thick and fast regardless of competition.

Europa League wise...if we finish 5th or 6th, we play in the "play off round", on 19th & 28th August. Finish 7th, and we start a round earlier on 29th July & 5th August

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80 ... ons_League

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80 ... opa_League

I think I'm right in saying Wembley host the CL final, whilst Dublin and Landsdowne Road hosts the Europa

Are you determined to be the most ridiculous poster on Mancityfans.net, ever? Not only do you seem to think that City could never, ever get into debt, but that Wikipedia is a good source of references. What next, for you? Rag Cafe as a guide to City's progression?

By the way, Lansdowne Road is a laughable hole.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:09 pm

guv111 wrote:

With Portsmouth's failed attempt at getting into Europe, we now need two points from our final four games to at least get into the Europa League, and we all know the scenario by now for Champions League qualification!!

Here's the Wiki links for both competitions. If we get into the CL, our qualifications games are 17/18th & 24/25 August. The Premiership starts on the 14th of August, so the games come thick and fast regardless of competition.

Europa League wise...if we finish 5th or 6th, we play in the "play off round", on 19th & 28th August. Finish 7th, and we start a round earlier on 29th July & 5th August

I think I'm right in saying Wembley host the CL final, whilst Dublin and Landsdowne Road hosts the Europa

Are you determined to be the most ridiculous poster on Mancityfans.net, ever? Not only do you seem to think that City could never, ever get into debt, but that Wikipedia is a good source of references. What next, for you? Rag Cafe as a guide to City's progression?

oo er!

whats all that about
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Manx Blue » Tue May 04, 2010 9:19 am

johnpb78 wrote:
guv111 wrote:

oo er!

whats all that about

I dunno....someone has forgotten to take their anti-buffoon pills.

Dare I mention it for fear of retribution, but it looks as though we won't have a Premiership midweek game first week of the season, unless we finish third, which is an extremely long shot
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby eastlandsblue » Tue May 04, 2010 9:42 am

Manx Blue wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
guv111 wrote:

oo er!

whats all that about

Dare I mention it for fear of retribution, but it looks as though we won't have a Premiership midweek game first week of the season, unless we finish third, which is an extremely long shot

Suits me sir, suits me.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby Manx Blue » Tue May 04, 2010 9:50 am

eastlandsblue wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
guv111 wrote:

oo er!

whats all that about

Suits me sir, suits me.

Do you like a bit of midweek action Sir?...Do you? Do you?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby eastlandsblue » Tue May 04, 2010 10:40 am

Hooo yes, especially if its a CL game
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum