Fernando Torres - Robbie Savage

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fernando Torres - Robbie Savage

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:09 am

No connection between the 2 above except for the fact that a guy in the pub said he heard ´Mancini`s mate` on Talkshite saying, when pressed again and again (as he said he knew) that we would not believe the people City will go for this summer.

Hence it´s not beyond beleif that the Daily Star is guessing along the right track below. And maybe we are wrong dreaming about half-decent Benfica players when the reality may be far different. Then again there may be a plan A for CL, and a plan B for Europa, involving Benfica players!

Anyone else hear Savage and got an opinion?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... or-Torres/

MANCHESTER CITY’S hopes of landing Fernando Torres in a stunning £60m deal have been boosted after being told the striker is now open to a Liverpool exit.

The Eastlands club have drawn up a sensational £150m shopping list, which is headed by the Spain striker (above).

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas, Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Hamburg ­defender Jerome Boateng have also been earmarked as summer signings, with the mega-rich club looking to cement their ­status as a big player in Europe

However, it is the capture of Torres that has been made the club’s No.1 priority by Arab owner Sheikh Mansour.

And Starsport understands that City’s quest to lure the prolific marksman from Anfield will gather pace after intermediaries informed Eastlands officials that the striker would now be open to a move.

Torres had previously been unshakable in his commitment to the Merseysiders, but the superstar has now grown tired of the club’s struggles on and off the pitch.

With Liverpool set to miss out on the Champions League next season and the future of boss Rafa Benitez ­unclear, Torres is now questioning his long-term future at Anfield, while the club’s own ­transfer plans were thrown into doubt last week after owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett put the club up for sale.

City want to pounce on that uncertainty by launching a money-spinning £60m move for their long-term target, though any move to Eastlands is likely to rest on whether Roberto Mancini’s side can ­secure a top-four spot this season.

But the club are intent on backing the ­Italian and have already put aside a whopping £50m to lure Fabregas from the Emirates, ­although, if the Spaniard was to leave north London, a move to ­Barcelona seems more likely.

Nou Camp striker Ibrahimovic, who worked with Mancini at Inter Milan, also features on City’s star-studded summer shopping list, while Hamburg defender Boateng is set to arrive in the summer
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Fernando Torres - Robbie Savage

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:23 am

Torres= great player but despise him as a bloke. Diving, whinging, ginger Ronaldo. If the alternative is Ibrahimovic though, I hope to christ we sign Torres.

Bringing Ibrahimovic to City would be dicing with disaster imo. Watching him duck out of headers for Barca winds me up & I don't think I'd be alone in disliking 10 times more it if he did the same for City. Potential £60m Samaras type hate figure.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mike J » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:26 am

mancini and savage are apparently good friends but i doubt bobby has told him all of city's transfer targets! and if he mentioned anything i would have thought it was all tongue in cheek.

would love torres at city though.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:27 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Torres= great player but despise him as a bloke. Diving, whinging, ginger Ronaldo. If the alternative is Ibrahimovic though, I hope to christ we sign Torres.

Bringing Ibrahimovic to City would be dicing with disaster imo. Watching him duck out of headers for Barca winds me up & I don't think I'd be alone in disliking 10 times more it if he did the same for City. Potential £60m Samaras type hate figure.

And I have seen him take teams apart, look a class above everyone else on the pitch and play with defenders like they were marionettes. I guess we've seen different games.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:27 am

Mike J wrote:mancini and savage are apparently good friends but i doubt bobby has told him all of city's transfer targets! and if he mentioned anything i would have thought it was all tongue in cheek.

would love torres at city though.

Mancini is more likely to sign Savage than Torres
Scatman

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Torres= great player but despise him as a bloke. Diving, whinging, ginger Ronaldo. If the alternative is Ibrahimovic though, I hope to christ we sign Torres.

Yes but for transforming a team he is the man. Without him Dippers are nothing, with him they score great goals, often from nothing. His whingeing is usually down to frustration with his current situation (surrounded by shite with an idiot for boss) but he looks happy enough when things are going well.

Just think, no more dreary home draws against crap teams. Tevez and Torres first choice. If you wanted to have the greatest team and club, in the world, and had limitless funds, who would you go for?

Torres has already said CL isn´t that important - if he thinks City can challenge for the league next season we are a viable option, as Liverpool are basically broke anyway. Players in the league know the City side now is far better than the one last September, and rising.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:52 am

john@staustell wrote:

Yes but for transforming a team he is the man. Without him Dippers are nothing, with him they score great goals, often from nothing. His whingeing is usually down to frustration with his current situation (surrounded by shite with an idiot for boss) but he looks happy enough when things are going well.

Just think, no more dreary home draws against crap teams. Tevez and Torres first choice. If you wanted to have the greatest team and club, in the world, and had limitless funds, who would you go for?

Torres has already said CL isn´t that important - if he thinks City can challenge for the league next season we are a viable option, as Liverpool are basically broke anyway. Players in the league know the City side now is far better than the one last September, and rising.

Oh I'm sure he'd be a fantastic player for us if we can actually get him on the pitch. I think Ronaldo would too. Be extremely difficult to like seeing either of them in a City shirt though.

If Liverpool get investment quickly enough then I recon he'll stay. Otherwise we have a chance but it could be a long drawn out saga which ends in him signing for Barca & us scrabbling around. Barca must realise how much better he is than Ibra? In which case if some mug offers them money for Ibra they may well take it. That worries me.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:55 am

If we get dragged through the papers to be pissed on at the last minute I WILL BE FUCKING FUMING.

NOT AGAIN CITY.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:47 am

listen to talkshite last night and Danny Baker mentioned the article it times stating that we had 2 list. CL and Europa Torres was on CL list Cardoza the other
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:51 am

eastlandsblue wrote:listen to talkshite last night and Danny Baker mentioned the article it times stating that we had 2 list. CL and Europa Torres was on CL list Cardoza the other

I don't understand why we'd want Cardoza. He just chucks himself on the floor whenever I've seen him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:listen to talkshite last night and Danny Baker mentioned the article it times stating that we had 2 list. CL and Europa Torres was on CL list Cardoza the other

I don't understand why we'd want Cardoza. He just chucks himself on the floor whenever I've seen him.

Same, although the name I saw on his back was Cardozo, so maybe we are talking about two different people.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:03 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Same, although the name I saw on his back was Cardozo, so maybe we are talking about two different people.

No it's just me & him being thick.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:08 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

And we already have one giant Paraguayan in the side, do we really need another? I think if we are going after a striker from portgual, we should go for Porto's Hulk, he is massively inconsistent, but come on, who wouldn't want a player called Hulk in their side.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:16 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

And we already have one giant Paraguayan in the side, do we really need another? I think if we are going after a striker from portgual, we should go for Porto's Hulk, he is massively inconsistent, but come on, who wouldn't want a player called Hulk in their side.

I can see the temptation for signing Hulk. It would be brilliant in every way apart from actually playing football. I recon his nickname was given because of his level of intelligence rather than any other resemblence.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:37 am

Can this Torres bloke play Defensive Mid though? And would he look fab in our new Puma shirts?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:42 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Can this Torres bloke play Defensive Mid though? And would he look fab in our new Puma shirts?

No,but he'd look good in an Adidas shirt with Singha on the front carrying a 200 pound season card dancing around with the already secured 4th spot in a 100% deffo three tiered on all sides stadium.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 am

cant be bothered with any of this until the season is concluded
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:19 pm

Me too but

Torres and Tevez upfront

OHhhhhhh my

i dont villa i want torres and tevez upfront next season it will be devastating!
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:22 pm

I know for a fact that he wasnt in Barcelona getting treatment for his 'bad knee' this last week. He's been on holiday with his family, with no strapping round the knee, no limp and no sign of injury or treatment whatsoever. Makes you wonder whether or not he's actually allowed to play for Liverpool for the remainder of the season because they've already sold him to a rival doesn't it?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I know for a fact that he wasnt in Barcelona getting treatment for his 'bad knee' this last week. He's been on holiday with his family, with no strapping round the knee, no limp and no sign of injury or treatment whatsoever. Makes you wonder whether or not he's actually allowed to play for Liverpool for the remainder of the season because they've already sold him to a rival doesn't it?

How do you know this Goat?
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum