Does anyone still want Balotelli?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Does anyone still want Balotelli?

Postby Esky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:02 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11860_6106580,00.html

Inter round on Balotelli

Balotelli: At centre of controversy

Zlatan Ibrahimovic claims Marco Materazzi attacked Inter Milan team-mate Mario Balotelli at the end of Tuesday's UEFA Champions League clash with Barcelona.

Balotelli threw his shirt away at the final whistle after being jeered by Inter fans for his performance after coming off the bench.

The 19-year-old has found himself in trouble on a number of occasions this season after a series of run-ins with coach Jose Mourinho.

Balotelli, who replaced Diego Milito for the last 20 minutes of the 3-1 win over Barcelona, argued with Mourinho, team-mates and fans before he threw off his shirt in anger at the end.

His antics failed to impress Mourinho and a number of his team-mates with Ibrahimovic suggesting Materazzi fought with the striker in the players' tunnel at the final whistle.

"I saw that Materazzi was attacking him in the players' tunnel and I've never seen anything like it," Ibrahimovic told RAI.

"If I were him, I'd have left Mario alone, but Materazzi was attacking him and I was stunned. If Materazzi had attacked me like that, I would've decked him in a second!

"Materazzi was causing all sorts of trouble and in the Barcelona locker room we were amazed, all talking about it. A player should be proud after a win, not chase down a 19-year-old to berate him."
Punished
Inter general manager Ernesto Paolillo has vowed to punish Balotelli for his disrespectful gesture in throwing away his shirt.

"Balotelli's gesture was terrible. Just terrible," said Paolillo. "It is something we are going to have to discuss.

"Will he be punished? Absolutely, yes."

Mourinho also blasted Balotelli for his petulant behaviour that marred Inter's famous victory.

"I'm disappointed with the way the fans treated Balotelli, I always want them to support him right to the end, but I understand their reaction because they saw the same things I did," he said.

"They saw a team dead on its feet, Milito left the field with cramp, (Goran) Pandev left the field with cramp.

"I put (Cristian) Chivu on and he gave his all, I put (Dejan) Stankovic on and he gave his all.

Attitude

"Then Mario with this attitude, and all of you (the press), or almost all of you, say it's normal but then there's this idiot coach who says it isn't normal.

"It's the second most important match in football (after the final) and everyone goes off dead, but one player could have done more to help his team which was struggling, had lost Maicon and was under intense pressure from Barcelona.

"We all wanted more from him, then they whistled him and he did this with the shirt.

"We'll play on Saturday and he'll play, no problem with that because we need to rest others.

"He needs to show that he wants to be with us and has understood how to play football and that he should leave the pitch dead. Of course he's not going home dead because he didn't run much."

Inter duo Dejan Stankovic and captain Javier Zanetti criticised Balotelli's attitude.

"What do I think of Balotelli, how much time have you got? You need to see what is in his head, he's like a child," said Stankovic.

Zanetti said: "Mario needs to concentrate on doing what he can do on the pitch, he can't allow himself to behave in this way."
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Re: Does anyone still want Balotelli?

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:04 am

Some of us never wanted him. Pure trouble and not a very good player.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:12 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Some of us never wanted him. Pure trouble and not a very good player.

With you - looked gash
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:13 am

Italian version of a certain Daniel Sturridge... thinks he is big before he has actually done anything.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:59 am

Why would we need to take the risk? If he becomes a great player then fine, let him do it somewhere else.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:50 am

italian strikers and man city in general, aren't a good mix
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:10 pm

No one wonder he is hated so much after making comments in relation to being an AC Mikan fan. How would we feel if one of our players went on about the rags. He was a complete dick last night and I reckon will be shipped out.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Wooders wrote:italian strikers and man city in general, aren't a good mix

Ah come on.. Rolo Bianchi was awesome. Never got a fair shot at it here imo!

As for Balotelli, sounds like he has more behaviour/ego issues than Robinho, with less talent to boot!

Do i want him here... No thanks!
Blue Blood

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby kinkylola » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Id still have him here
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby HeyMark » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Wouldn't want him at City but he's certainly entertaining and not short of confidence
HeyMark

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Wooders wrote:italian strikers and man city in general, aren't a good mix

Have you forgot Corradi's celebrations like when he knighted sir Joey.

Seriously, this was the final nail in the coffin regarding Balotelli. Big NO from me.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Lee_Kinda » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:38 pm

Yes!

Who would I rather have coming off the bench? a young hungry very talented 21 year old, or an injured RSC?

He wouldn't get have the stick he gets over there over here, and him and mancini apparently have a very good relationship. I know he is young but players struggle at one club and become amazing at the next all the time. I think he could be one of them!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Lee_Kinda wrote:Yes!

Who would I rather have coming off the bench? a young hungry very talented 21 year old, or an injured RSC?

He wouldn't get have the stick he gets over there over here, and him and mancini apparently have a very good relationship. I know he is young but players struggle at one club and become amazing at the next all the time. I think he could be one of them!

i agree Kinda, except that he's 19, right?

are you asking me to wait two years? yr so fuclin patient. i like that about you.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Lee_Kinda » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:56 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Lee_Kinda wrote:Yes!

i agree Kinda, except that he's 19, right?

are you asking me to wait two years? yr so fuclin patient. i like that about you.

cheers

Wow, he's big for his age! lol I knew it was around there some where, but 19 even better he can only get better!

But yr so fuclin padantic. i like that about you.

THANKS!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:48 pm

The comments Jose made about the other players giving there all and this kid not doing sweet FA make it a certain no. We have enough of said players in some of our matches at the moment!

The least you can do is put the effort in. Stupid premadonnas
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Return to The Maine Football forum