City check on Di Maria & Cardozo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City check on Di Maria & Cardozo

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Manchester City technical director Mike Rigg has hinted the club are keen on Benfica stars Angel Di Maria and Oscar Cardozo.

The South American pair have been strongly linked with big-money transfers in the summer, with City rumoured to be in the chase for both of them.

Blues boss Roberto Mancini was at Anfield during Benfica's Europa League tie with Liverpool and it is believed he was impressed by the duo.

Rigg has now hailed the quality of Cardozo and Di Maria, admitting that the club will keep an eye on them.

"Di Maria and Cardozo are two excellent players, very strong in their respective positions, and hence highly-rated in the international market," he told Record.

"It is logical, there is no need to hide, that a club like Manchester City have to be attentive to players with such potential, who catch the interest of several clubs worldwide.

"I observe many players and I am well documented on these and also other athletes who play in Portugal, but I acknowledge that Di Maria and Cardozo are two fantastic players."

Di Maria, who signed for Benfica from Rosario Central in 2007 for €8million, has been included in Argentina national coach Diego Maradona's provisional list for the World Cup.

Cardozo, who netted three times against Liverpool in the Europa League, is the club's top scorer, with 33 goals in all competitions this season.

skysports.com
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: City check on Di Maria & Cardozo

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Bonus
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Bonus

Perk
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby simon12 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:04 pm

SHOULD we balance these with the reports of Carlos going to RM?
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:05 pm

I dont think Cardozo is good enough and Di Maria must have had a bad night at Anfield coz i wasnt impressed with him on his showing that night remember only my opinnion so no mud slinging.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ant london » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:59 am

Is Mike Rigg related to Steve McLaren?

WTF was that "English".....I presume it's some dodge Portuguese to English translation???
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:05 am

gillie wrote:I dont think Cardozo is good enough and Di Maria must have had a bad night at Anfield coz i wasnt impressed with him on his showing that night remember only my opinnion so no mud slinging.

Cordozo must have had a bad night every time I've seen him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:44 am

Hmm Di Maria I heard a lot of good things about but then watched him play and wasn't impressed. Maybe it was an off night but he is young so that swings in our favour.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Mike J » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:47 am

first thing we should be doing is sorting out our fucking dreadful defence.

we really shpuld go for gareth bale, imo he is in the top 3 best left backs in the world and will only get better. plus it'd be a massive blow to spurs to lose him.

would take di maria, not cardozo.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Vhero » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:58 am

Mike J wrote:first thing we should be doing is sorting out our fucking dreadful defence.

we really shpuld go for gareth bale, imo he is in the top 3 best left backs in the world and will only get better. plus it'd be a massive blow to spurs to lose him.

would take di maria, not cardozo.

I have been impressed with him the last few games and I think if we stop them coming 4th we have a chance of getting him.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:25 am

Mike J wrote:we really shpuld go for gareth bale, imo he is in the top 3 best left backs in the world and will only get better. plus it'd be a massive blow to spurs to lose him.

He is a very good Left Midfield player (which is were he played recently) but he is shit at defending imho. So I would not buy him for the Left Back position to be honest.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Slim » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:31 am

Everton have got a very good left back, perhaps we should give Moyes a call.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
Mike J wrote:we really shpuld go for gareth bale, imo he is in the top 3 best left backs in the world and will only get better. plus it'd be a massive blow to spurs to lose him.

He is a very good Left Midfield player (which is were he played recently) but he is shit at defending imho. So I would not buy him for the Left Back position to be honest.

Gareth Bale is playing very very well at the moment in an attacking sense but he was just about the worst defender in the PL when played there earlier this season & could be another Ireland/Bentley style one (half) season wonder anyway. He's had good spells before & turned to complete shit.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:10 am

Slim wrote:Everton have got a very good left back, perhaps we should give Moyes a call.

Haha, why not, him and bobby manc are sparring partners after all. ;P
Blue Blood

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Esky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 am

From the very few times I've seen Cardozo he reminds me of Kezman Mk.II. He's scored a million and one goals playing for one of the best teams in an average league. It's probably not a fair appraisal but from what I've seen he wouldn't be anything better than Ade or his compatriot.

Bale's an interesting one - he's gone from being the next best thing to awful and now back to brilliant. Twitchy wouldn't sell anyone to us though.
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Return to The Maine Football forum