FOUR WINS AND WE'RE IN...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

FOUR WINS AND WE'RE IN...

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:01 pm

FACT.

OK we fucked up today....lets get it behind us, os it could impact the final four games.

We need to spread the word (like we really need to!!) and get everyone on the same page. We have a four game season...whether we have to e-mail the players at the club with our support to lift them, or non stop singing throughout the remainder of the programme lets do it.

Maybe the club can get the Villa and Spurs games sold with cheap tickets and get a Hamburg like atmosphere??

So which Mutherfucker is going to pick up their chins with me and roar the team onto Europe?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: FOUR WINS AND WE'RE IN...

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:08 pm

me me me!
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:me me me!

Thank you AD...thee and me against the world...we'll piss it

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Crossie » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:24 pm

What has fucked it up its Spurs winning. Doing predictions I had us down to lose to scum and Arse in the last 6 games.

If we get 70 points it will historically be enough for 4th, sometimes 3rd, however if Spurs are better than us over 38 games, we cant do much about that until summer.

2 more wins 2 draws gives us the 70 points.

Its just that no one thought Spuds would beat Arsenal or Chelsea. The only reason its still in our own hands is because we have to play spurs, thank fuck its at home, otherwise theyd dick us 4-0 at theirs.

Personally I think we will draw with them, and itll be up to them to fuck up at some point.

Here are there games left:

Man Utd v Tottenham, 12:45 0 points
Tottenham v Bolton, 15:00 3 points
Man City v Tottenham, 20:00 1 point
Burnley v Tottenham, 16:00 3 points

Total 71 points

Our games:

Arsenal v Man City, 17:30 1 point
Man City v Aston Villa, 15:00 3 points
West Ham v Man City, 16:00 3 points

Total 70 points

I think they are fair predictions, I think our run in is harder. It's going to the last game of the season.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:35 pm

That's the spirit, it's not as if we've lost a game before is it!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby trueblue64 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:35 pm

Spuds now 4/6 to take 4 spot, I don't agree we can still do it. We need to push on from today throw caution to the wind and go for it big style. We were to negative today we played for a draw and it back fired. I can see us winning all the remaining games we have the squad to do it. So come on CITY lets go for it.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:45 pm

trueblue64 wrote:Spuds now 4/6 to take 4 spot, I don't agree we can still do it. We need to push on from today throw caution to the wind and go for it big style. We were to negative today we played for a draw and it back fired. I can see us winning all the remaining games we have the squad to do it. So come on CITY lets go for it.

So which camp are you in True Blue?

Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:That's the spirit, it's not as if we've lost a game before is it!

Its a four game season Beefy

Manx Blue

Postby trueblue64 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:48 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:Spuds now 4/6 to take 4 spot, I don't agree we can still do it. We need to push on from today throw caution to the wind and go for it big style. We were to negative today we played for a draw and it back fired. I can see us winning all the remaining games we have the squad to do it. So come on CITY lets go for it.

Which camp, CITY'S camp of course I think we will do it.

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:50 pm

trueblue64 wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

Which camp, CITY'S camp of course I think we will do it.

That's the spirit...thought you were a Double Agent for a second! ;)

Manx Blue

Postby blues-clues » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:55 pm

It would be great if Arsenal dropped points at Wigan! Then they would have very little to play for against us....apart from a big dose of revenge I suppose!

If Spuds take more than 9 points in 4 games against Arsenal, Chelsea, Trafford and Us then to be honest they have done bloody well. How the fuck did they lose to Portsmouth's reserve team in the FA Cup? Makes no sense at all!

It's true we dont have to win all our games but I feel that we will need to beat Spurs at Home. The Derby was important but we did not do enough to win. Even if we had drawn Spuds would still be a point ahead so now it comes down to the last four games. If the next four games were mid-season without so much riding on them we would be looking at anything more than 6 points as a good return, possibly unbeaten but maybe only the match at West Ham as dead cert. With so much riding on every game now it is hard to call but if we do not get 4th this time then attacking mid fielders have to be a priority for me.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Spurge » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Thats the thnig, with the quality we have we are capable of winning our remaining games - that includes going to the Arse and WHU where are record is dour. The difference this season is that we have the quality, they have to show the desire and Mancini has to let the players express themselves, no time for left for trying to ensure we don't get beat above anything else, just self belief and allow players to express themselves.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby trueblue64 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Spurge wrote:

Thats the thnig, with the quality we have we are capable of winning our remaining games - that includes going to the Arse and WHU where are record is dour. The difference this season is that we have the quality, they have to show the desire and Mancini has to let the players express themselves, no time for left for trying to ensure we don't get beat above anything else, just self belief and allow players to express themselves.

I agree Spurge, we have to go for it win win win mentality nothing else will do. I can see the scum doing them next week so really it is still in our hands so to speak.

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:33 pm

I honestly don't think we have this in us. It doesn't matter how great our supporters are, or how man clever posters or ad campaigns we come up with the players have to come up with the goods, and with all the marbles on the table today and our biggest game of the year all our attacking players laid a wet fart.

We lost because Tevez, Adebayor, Johnson, Bellamy, Ireland and SWP didn't produce anything nearly enough in the final third, end of. Spurs have needed big results and big performances this past week and have produced them; I'm far from convinced we can do the same, nor do I think we will beat Spurs or Villa either.

Reality is biting for us I'm afraid. Four wins is what we need, or at worst 10 pts and we have to beat Spurs ... Trouble is, I just can't see us doing it.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Crossie wrote:What has fucked it up its Spurs winning. Doing predictions I had us down to lose to scum and Arse in the last 6 games.

If we get 70 points it will historically be enough for 4th, sometimes 3rd, however if Spurs are better than us over 38 games, we cant do much about that until summer.

2 more wins 2 draws gives us the 70 points.

Its just that no one thought Spuds would beat Arsenal or Chelsea. The only reason its still in our own hands is because we have to play spurs, thank fuck its at home, otherwise theyd dick us 4-0 at theirs.

Personally I think we will draw with them, and itll be up to them to fuck up at some point.

Here are there games left:

Man Utd v Tottenham, 12:45 0 points

Total 71 points

Our games:

Arsenal v Man City, 17:30 1 point

Total 70 points

I think they are fair predictions, I think our run in is harder. It's going to the last game of the season.

surely what we have learnt from today is that nothing can be predicted. we just need to match spurs results then beat them at our place. its not over yet, just slightly harder to achieve than it was before today.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:53 pm

We have to beat spurs now and then at least match them in other results. I still think we can get something at arsenal, but we probably need a win. Hopefully spurs will get beat next week and then we'll see.

Can we do it? Yes.
Will we do it? No, but then again as a life long city fan, yiu'd have to be mad to expect us to do anything.
Roll on august
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:I honestly don't think we have this in us. It doesn't matter how great our supporters are, or how man clever posters or ad campaigns we come up with the players have to come up with the goods, and with all the marbles on the table today and our biggest game of the year all our attacking players laid a wet fart.

We lost because Tevez, Adebayor, Johnson, Bellamy, Ireland and SWP didn't produce anything nearly enough in the final third, end of.
Spurs have needed big results and big performances this past week and have produced them; I'm far from convinced we can do the same, nor do I think we will beat Spurs or Villa either.

Reality is biting for us I'm afraid. Four wins is what we need, or at worst 10 pts and we have to beat Spurs ... Trouble is, I just can't see us doing it.

Exactly right.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:35 pm

I've never envisaged us beating spurs at home. In my opinion, the ball is now in their court, in spite of us pretty much catching up on goal difference.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:43 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:We have to beat spurs now and then at least match them in other results. I still think we can get something at arsenal, but we probably need a win. Hopefully spurs will get beat next week and then we'll see.

Can we do it? Yes.
Will we do it? No, but then again as a life long city fan, yiu'd have to be mad to expect us to do anything.
Roll on august

Pretty much my opinion as well. If we want a draw against Spurs to be enough we HAVE to beat Arsenal and hope Spurs lose against United.

Unfortunately I think they will get a point off United. I have no idea why but they are playing like a team possessed at the moment despite their injuries.

Here are their games left:

Man Utd v Tottenham, 12:45 1 points

Total 72 points

Our games:

Arsenal v Man City, 17:30 3 point

And then we would have to hope that our goal difference gives us 4th spot.

If we only get a point off Arsenal or god forbid lose then we will have to beat Spurs no matter what.... and of course we still have to beat Villa and West Ham as well... and those games are not guaranteed wins either. :(

I am afraid it looks really bad for 4th, it's firmly in Spurs hands and they would have to really fuck it up which I don't think they will considering the form they are on at the moment.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 am

Well, if Mancini has something in his locker regarding attacking and win I h games, it's now the locker needs to be opened!

Manx Blue

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum