Well...Your post match vent or whatever

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Well...Your post match vent or whatever

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:14 pm

Well Carl, you are right, for this week spurs are now in the driving seat.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:We didn't deserve to win, nor to lose. Poor first half, better in the second.

We now have to get behind the team for the remaining four games... It's in our hands[/quote]

No it,s fucking not..its in spurs hands.

I'm going to reverse my earlier post... It is still in our hands. Both clubs have 4 to play, one of which is against each other. Spurs can get a maximum of 73 if we beat them. We have to win our remain four games admittedly, and this woul put us on 74.

At this moment whilst we would like assistance fom elsewhere, it is still in our hands.
Last edited by Manx Blue on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Citeh&Crew » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:49 pm

AFKAE wrote:
Citeh&Crew wrote:If I were him, Vieira would have been my sub as well, in absence of Zaba.

Zabba was available and would have been a better choice. He's always up for these kind of games.

First, thanks for responding to my post with a point. I certainly understand the emotion behind the bashing of some of the players, I don't agree with the "logic". Hopefully, everyone gets back to normal soon enough.

And if Mad Zaba was available, then I truly wonder why he didn't get a go? I don't think PV is nearly as bad as most here (and in fact, think he brings some good to the pitch), but a healthy Zaba would have been a game changer in the second half.. as in possibly one who, at least, would have prevented the only goal.
Citeh&Crew

Postby blues-clues » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Very disappointing. If we play like that we will do fuck all in the Champions League so not much in coming 4th.

What is most annoying is that in the first Carling Cup match we showed we could match and better their midfield. Our midfield were abject going forward today, they did ok as defenders but this was a game we could have won but that fuckin big hole where our midfield should have been every time they cam forward was a joke.

Carlos, Bellers and Ade had poor games but mostly they were miles away from any support from behind, they were looking for the other strikers but nobody following in from deep. AJ coming off was a surprise - was Mancini scared of taking Bellamy off? Bellers was in a bad mood today and had a poor game and made several poor decisions.

There is no room for one legged footballers where we want to be. Gareth Barry needs to spend four hours a day kicking a ball and tackling with his right foot, AJ uses both feet and so does Bellers. A midfielder with one foot is a liability. He can work with Bridge on that!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:26 pm

omgwtf wrote:Not going to start spitting my dummy out of my pram like some have.

Yes we lost to the Champions of England, but lets face the facts they were up for it and wanted it badly and got it thats why they are Champions, fair play to them, as they keep showing us and Mancini they play until the last kick of the game.

We didn’t turn up as simple as that, we looked scared to death of them and played for a draw and yet again got fcuk all.

So yes we lost, but no sour grapes on my part, we contributed to our own defeat

that is a good post mate. we were perhaps better than your words suggest, but nerves were there on both sides, a lot of fluffed chances. We will learn from this of that there is no doubt. And learning is our business.

credit to scum, they probs played the best they have all season

LOVE CITY. LOVE EM.. WE WILL BE BACK
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:44 pm

They were there for the taking today. They were ordinary and if we'd have turned up looking to attack from the off we'd have pissed all over them. Instead, Tevez never passed the halfway line in the first half, we sat on our area looking to counter attack, but when we did, only two or three went forward against about six of them. Our attacks broke down too easily and they came again.
And, trying to get back to the car afterwards was frightening. Why were they let out? The Police were using their horses to force City fans up against railings outside the chippy - as there were loads of kids about this was really dangerous.

I've been home half an hour (it's now 930pm) and I'm still totally f*cked off by what I saw today both on the pitch and outside.
It'll take me at least a week to get over the defeat!
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby branny » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Injury time again. Will we never learn? Ireland switched off very early in the move which lead to the goal. Had he chosen to close down when they had the ball in their half it wouldn't have happened. IMHO the substitutions weakened us, however Adebayor was a waste of space from the word go. We play with 2 wingers so why he feels the need to spend most of the match on the touchline is beyond me. Stay in the box ffs.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum