Why do you hate Manchester United?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why do you hate Manchester U***d?

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I've lived in Manc all my life. All my friends are U***d fans. In the 25 years I've been alive U***d have consistently been the most the most successful side in the world.

But I don't hate them.

Because I could never hate a football team. I dislike them far more than I do any other team, but to hate something which unites so many people like a football team does is strange to me.

Some of the "Munich" behaviour of City fans genuinely embarrasses and saddens me. Luckily it's more confined to the websites such as this one than it is on the streets. The 50th Anniversary Derby was my favourite day ever being a City fan - the result just pipping our fans impeccable behaviour as the highlight of the day.

Well, only today I had a U***d fan accusing city fans of setting fireworks off outside the ground to ruin it.

It was a fucking tragedy, and I dont think for a minute that the vast majority of city fans would hesitate for a second in declaring that this was probably the worst thing that ever happened to english football, killing or disabling some of the best players on the planet at the time. The fact is though, that they actively sell munich to their fans. Their fans strike a pose of disgust at those who denigrate munich, yet, those same fans have no idea about the facts - and fail to understand that when we sing munich songs, it is not about the unfortunates, it is about the horrible fucking club and what happened in the aftermath, all the way upto the AIG sponsored munich day the other year.

John 68's post from a few weeks ago about the treatment of the munich survivors said it all. But that is the untold story.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:16 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
walmai wrote:I actually don't.

Here's a list as to why:

1. The best away fans - in terms of tickets sold - in Prem history.

2. The most sarky in terms of terrace noise - not saying I enjoy a chant of 'its so fucking easy', as my team succumb to yet another home defeat, but I admire the contempt. I reserve it for them anyway.

3. The fact that their academy churns out as many internationals as does my team.

4. Ryan Giggs; met him once when he lived in a certain area as a friend of mine, centre of the city. The best left winger of his/my generation. A really nice bloke.

5. Park Ji Sung. Only half joking.

Five unarguable reasons!!

Away tickets sold - fair enough - their away support is one of the best, I dont think anyone could or would argue that, The reason why - a lot of their away support dont go to the home games - because they fucking hate what U***d have become.

The contempt, are you fucking joking. Thats not sarky, its fucking denigrating you, its arrogance

Their academy. How many internationals has it churned out in the last 10 years? I can only think of Fletcher and O'Shea, and maybe Richardson at a push apart from that, dont be fucking silly. How many have city turned out in the same timeframe

4/5 so what?

plus fletcher and o'shea are only internationals because they play for united.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:22 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I've lived in Manc all my life. All my friends are U***d fans. In the 25 years I've been alive U***d have consistently been the most the most successful side in the world.

But I don't hate them.

Because I could never hate a football team. I dislike them far more than I do any other team, but to hate something which unites so many people like a football team does is strange to me.

Some of the "Munich" behaviour of City fans genuinely embarrasses and saddens me. Luckily it's more confined to the websites such as this one than it is on the streets. The 50th Anniversary Derby was my favourite day ever being a City fan - the result just pipping our fans impeccable behaviour as the highlight of the day.

Well, only today I had a U***d fan accusing city fans of setting fireworks off outside the ground to ruin it.

It was a fucking tragedy, and I dont think for a minute that the vast majority of city fans would hesitate for a second in declaring that this was probably the worst thing that ever happened to english football, killing or disabling some of the best players on the planet at the time. The fact is though, that they actively sell munich to their fans. Their fans strike a pose of disgust at those who denigrate munich, yet, those same fans have no idea about the facts - and fail to understand that when we sing munich songs, it is not about the unfortunates, it is about the horrible fucking club and what happened in the aftermath, all the way upto the AIG sponsored munich day the other year.

John 68's post from a few weeks ago about the treatment of the munich survivors said it all. But that is the untold story.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

No they dont, you are spot on mate.

When I was a younger lad, I jumped on the bandwagon with relish. Now I think a bit more carefully before I start off calling folk munichs. Now its reserved for those who really have no fucking idea about the club, have no idea what Manchester United are or their history, and who only regard history as having started from 1993. Gobshiteds in effect, which now means practically 99% of their fan base, and thus, its not upsetting many when I give it out about munich - because none of them know what it means, which is the whole point of the munich songs.

There will be mock disgrace, but no real hurt, because those who exhibit the disgrace havent a fucking clue what they are feeling disgraced about.

I would never, ever even dare use the phrase with a fan from before that era, as they deserve the same respect city fans do for following a shit team
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby walmai » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:47 pm

mr_nool wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
walmai wrote:I actually don't.

Here's a list as to why:

1. The best away fans - in terms of tickets sold - in Prem history.

2. The most sarky in terms of terrace noise - not saying I enjoy a chant of 'its so fucking easy', as my team succumb to yet another home defeat, but I admire the contempt. I reserve it for them anyway.

3. The fact that their academy churns out as many internationals as does my team.

4. Ryan Giggs; met him once when he lived in a certain area as a friend of mine, centre of the city. The best left winger of his/my generation. A really nice bloke.

5. Park Ji Sung. Only half joking.

Five unarguable reasons!!

Away tickets sold - fair enough - their away support is one of the best, I dont think anyone could or would argue that, The reason why - a lot of their away support dont go to the home games - because they fucking hate what U***d have become.

The contempt, are you fucking joking. Thats not sarky, its fucking denigrating you, its arrogance

Their academy. How many internationals has it churned out in the last 10 years? I can only think of Fletcher and O'Shea, and maybe Richardson at a push apart from that, dont be fucking silly. How many have city turned out in the same timeframe

4/5 so what?

plus fletcher and o'shea are only internationals because they play for U***d.

One or two were digs.

But the support deserves a shout. Sarky and arrogant are two peas in a pod.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby blue 68 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Because if you've been to the Swamp recently you'd completely understand. Mutants of the highest order, give me a reality tab
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:15 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Image

Enough said!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:19 pm

SIMPLY,BECAUSE OF THESE CUNTS.

Bunch of fucking morons.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:40 pm

Its the arrogance of the fans who claim to support them,the half of them could not name the starting 11 from last weekend.
The majority of them are morons who support them for the fact that they have been winning things much like the bandwagon liverpool fans in the 80s running in to the 90s.
Most of them are not real supporters they are just grasping on to the sense of success that goes with them winninng things as they probably have very little else positive in their lives.
The kind of guys who come up to you in the pub and say who scored for united?(not having a clue themselves)and when you tell them they are all delighted with themselves.
Could not be arsed watching the game yet are thrilled with the result and wont miss match of the day tonight.
We all the know the kind.I just despise them.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 pm

It's my job. And tomorrow when you see the rabid fuckers in the flesh i will hate them even more. Even the colour 'rag' is fucking horrible.
Still never owned a sharp appliance, would never get on Vodaphone and if I ever really wanted an Aig, I'd resist getting one.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dario2739 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:01 am

One word sums it all up for me ARROGANCE... their club exudes it, and the fans exude it.
I grew up in the 70s and 80s, when let's face it they were an average team who won the odd pot - for most of the 70s they were second best to us - but even then, their fans used to stride round like they were the best team in the fucking world and had the devine right to win everything even though they were winning fuck all!
Plus they're the mouthiest c@nts you'll ever have the disadvantage to meet - always giving it out (usually only when in numbers) but can't fucking take it back.
And the club itself is just as bad - how up your own arse do you have to be to call your own cesspit of a ground the 'theatre of dreams'?
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:43 am

Up until i was 14, my uncle and step dad force fed me United, i went to 1 game, even at a young age i can tell you that back then, there was no atmosphere at that shed, i'd always liked City though, so when my mums ex rang me and said "come see how a real team plays, i've got you a ticket" 1st game was Olympiakos, since that moment, i've never looked back, and for reasons stated i fucling hate the scum, i NEVER wear red, never had a red car, the only red thing i've had, is the red ring on my 360, even my dogs lead is City, anyway, hate the scum, CTID
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby s1ty m » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:39 am

because in our family, it's the law. and i am a law abiding citizen.

ooh, that actually worked!
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby salford city » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:28 am

Got to be the fans - Being a Local, I see the pubs packed when the red shit are on the box. Why are you all sat in here - I know, don't tell me you work shifts, you couldn't get a ticket etc. Funny thing is, you see the same faces all the time. There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and most of the support post 1993 have crossed it in spectacular fashion. You'll never hold a footballing conversation with this breed as they really don't have a clue. If they lose it's a conspiracy and to my knowledge, they have never been beaten by the better team in the last 30 years.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:34 am

Because they're a boonch of coonts.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Vhero » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:04 am

johnpb78 wrote:
lythamblue wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:For me these days therefore it is not the club, or the players (Neville aside) but the fans. I fucking hate them, and they deserve a fucking proper wake up call. I cant wait till the tide turns.

The sad thing is ..... if we became as successful as them ...... we would probably be very similar in our attitudes and behaviour.

We (the supporters attracted to the club post success, not you & I) will mate, there is no doubt about it.

But, you have to hope that like the old school U***d fans who you can still have a conversation with about football, (the ones who remember the 70s and 80s), the ones like us who were there when it was shit can retain a balance and humility.

This..
Totally agree with all that's said here The fans are what makes the club so hated in my eyes they fucking are what piss me off the most and the odd player. Plus I think we as City fans do get a little jealous of their success and I am big enough to admit it. The tide is turning though on that point :).
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Redna » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Does this question need an answer. Thought not!
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby omgwtf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Hate is an all consuming negative emotion that really only affects the hater not the hated.
omgwtf
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: gods own club
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby crossan » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:52 pm

eee when I were a lad you used to go to City one week and United the next ( early sixties ) you eventually made the choice of which team you supported so that is basically why I don't hate United,yes I am happy when they get knocked out of competitions like the FA Cup and the Chamnps league but it does not get worse than that.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby cdncityfan » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:56 pm

It is not just their fans, who are bad enough, but it is the entire atmosphere of the club with its straightforward arrogance and disrespect for any and all that they play. When I started watching English football, it took me a while to find a team to support, but I came to dislike Manchester United very quickly. I really don't like their petulance, pressure on referees, constant moaning about decisions (when what they get away with is scandalous) and devaluing of everything they don't win (ie. the League Cup only matters when they win it, Chelsea 'bought the Premier League titles they won' and other such nonsense).
I can understand such attitudes from their fans, but they permeate the club.
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Redna » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm

omgwtf wrote:Hate is an all consuming negative emotion that really only affects the hater not the hated.

So you're a therapist aswell. Your'e pussling me mate. Rag or Not, and as you say always look on the bright side. Not it is?
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum