Good luck Rochdale

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Good luck Rochdale

Postby btajim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:34 pm

I believe if they beat lowly Darlington at Spotland tonight then they earn promotion to the 3rd tier of the Football League for the first time in years. TalkSport were saying that Neil Armstrong walked on the moon after Rochdale were last out of the bottom flight. Could you imagine being one of their Fans aged 40? i.e. You've been going for 30 seasons Man and Boy yet you've not been promoted or relegated. You've not won anything significant.

Kind of puts our "and we're still here" chant in to perspective!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: Good luck Rochdale

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:59 pm

I alwys keep an eye out for the Dale. Its where old man is from.. Looks like they will finally get it after a couple of play-off upsets..

Good luck Rochdale..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby dazlebluefrog » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:41 pm

can i be right in saying they kept Altrincham out of the league in the late 70's when the bottom placed team had to get "voted in "to stay in the old 4th division? anyway i hope they do go up for the loyal fans that have had to live most of their lives with only a couple of "high's"
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Be great if Rochdale go up. I understand they are playing entertaining football as it should be, on the ground.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby mcfc61 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:45 pm

Losing at home to Darlo....shit got them on my accumulator!
mcfc61
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby sandman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Theyre making hard work of it, I am desperate for a derby with Latics as I follow both sides when City are not playing.

Though Oldham may even pass them in the opposite direction?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Colin the King » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:29 pm

sandman wrote:Theyre making hard work of it, I am desperate for a derby with Latics as I follow both sides when City are not playing.

Though Oldham may even pass them in the opposite direction?

No I think they'll be fine mate, at the moment they're six points clear of the last relegation spot (Tranmere) and with a far better goal difference. Drawing 0-0 away at MK Dons tonight.

Might even end up with Dale, Oldham and Bury all up in League 1.
Colin the King

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby sandman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:36 pm

I cant see Oldham going down, but I am disappointed at the changes since Sheridan went and its a possibility. I despise Bury though, its such a Munich club.

Rochdale losing now.
sandman

Postby btajim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:41 am

The Dale got hammered 5-0 at the weekend and had last night in their own hands. Darlington beat them yet they still got relegated.

There's too many points ahead for Rochdale to not mess this one up - but they're certainly trying.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby sandman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:45 am

Svensational wrote:
btajim wrote:The Dale got hammered 5-0 at the weekend and had last night in their own hands. Darlington beat them yet they still got relegated.

There's too many points ahead for Rochdale to not mess this one up - but they're certainly trying.

Rochdale have 4 games remaining and only need one point for promotion, its pretty inevitable really but I still think Notts County will win the League, I bet Sol Campbell is really kicking himself.

LMFAO
sandman

Postby Vhero » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Know quite a few fans of there's and a few that follow them as a second team too since I live like a bus ride away from the ground..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:51 pm

I can only hope they feel promotion is more less done and they have just taken their foot off the gas . Darlington defeat should really give them a kick up the ass
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum