Chiellini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Chiellini

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 am

Agent says we are after him

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/ ... -Chiellini

That's the kind of player we need to move to next level. Chiellini, Kompany and Lescott fighting for centerback spot with Nedum and Boyata as emergency back ups. Lescott could be used as leftback. Add a top notch right back and we'd have very impressive backline.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Chiellini

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 am

"Manchester City and United?....."

When's the last time anyone involved in football quoted those names in that order?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BobKowalski » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:06 am

Ted Hughes wrote:"Manchester City and U***d?....."

When's the last time anyone involved in football quoted those names in that order?

Wait until its

"Manchester City and one of their local rivals"

Once they get lumped in with the likes of Bolton and Wigan I'll be satisfied.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:07 am

Didnt we almost sign him when Sven arrived. He turned us down and went to Juvi.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:08 am

ross.mcfc wrote:Didnt we almost sign him when Sven arrived. He turned us down and went to Juvi.

He was a Juve player when we went after him, I think you and I talked about this. Fiat backing, huge offer needed, etc etc.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 am

Hmm wouldn't say no but do we need another CB that bad? I think its papers linking us to yet another player playing in Italy.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby markuse » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:24 am

He's equally fit to play at LB, he actually moved to CB some 3-4 years ago.
Don't think that Juventus will let him go though.
markuse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:29 am

Vhero wrote:Hmm wouldn't say no but do we need another CB that bad? I think its papers linking us to yet another player playing in Italy.

We do NOT need "another" centerback, we need world class centerback. Chiellini fits the bill. Offload Toure and Garrido to make way.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:31 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Vhero wrote:Hmm wouldn't say no but do we need another CB that bad? I think its papers linking us to yet another player playing in Italy.

We do NOT need "another" centerback, we need world class centerback. Chiellini fits the bill. Offload Toure and Garrido to make way.

Fair enough mate not watched enough of the guy to be honest to make an opinion of him so I didn't know how good he was. If the rumour of Boateng is real though I would say this deal could be dead.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 am

Vhero wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Fair enough mate not watched enough of the guy to be honest to make an opinion of him so I didn't know how good he was. If the rumour of Boateng is real though I would say this deal could be dead.

Boateng is nowhere near the same level yet though. I've watched him in Bundesleague and he looks very promising but prone to odd bad mistake. Has all the attributes to become commanding centerback in Premierleague but he isn't finished article yet imo. Whereas Chiellini is one of the best in the world.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:38 am

I really want us to stick with Kompany and Lescott as our first choice CB pairing, I think they compliment each other excellently, would we not be better to stick with this and have toure as backup?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 am

I don't think we need anybody.I think we are at the level we need to be.This year we have done well against the sky 4 and am sure next year we will do better.This team has done what we wanted it to by the looks of it and next year I think will be strong enough to take us to the top.
Rag_hater

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:41 am

Any team that wins the league has a settled centre-back pairing who have played together for at least one full season.

We really need to settle on our pairing and make sure they play together week in, week out in order to mount a challenge next season.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby ant london » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: he looks very promising but prone to odd bad mistake

sounds like he'd fit right in to me
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:45 am

Wooders wrote:I really want us to stick with Kompany and Lescott as our first choice CB pairing, I think they compliment each other excellently, would we not be better to stick with this and have toure as backup?

We will need rotation with European games next season, hopefully deep cup runs and there's Lescott's knee problems which I think will come up at some stage every season.

I don't trust Toure at all. I was wrong about him when we signed him. A Arsenal supporting mate of mine said when we signed him that I'd find out watching him week in week out what a liability he is and I thought he was just being bitter. But hionestly, he was right. Don't want to slag him off too badly as he comes through as nice chap but he just isn't the kind of talent we are looking for. In fact, I'd rather have Nedum as a back up.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:50 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Any team that wins the league has a settled centre-back pairing who have played together for at least one full season.

We really need to settle on our pairing and make sure they play together week in, week out in order to mount a challenge next season.

I agree completely with this.

Kompany and Lescott/Toure look just fine to me and they'll be better next season.
Original Dub

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:06 am

Oh I think that Chellini would be a fine addition - I would like to see Kolo tried at RB though before we give up on him - I think he could do as good a job there as Lescott could at LB - unless there is someone of Maicon's level available
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby HeyMark » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:07 pm

When are we never linked with him? Haven't seen much of him this season but from previous times I've seen him the boy definitely loves a tackle, he always gets stuck in!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:20 pm

YES PLEASE.

Svens judgement was good on this one, hes exploded since then by the sounds of things.

Toure is most certaintly not OK to be our first choice CB and captain!
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Nick wrote:YES PLEASE.

Svens judgement was good on this one, hes exploded since then by the sounds of things.

Toure is most certaintly not OK to be our first choice CB and captain!

If he's exploded I don't want him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum