After serious thought we may be

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

After serious thought we may be

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:52 pm

Only 4pts from CL one more loss by Scouse only gives them a maximum 65pts and Spuds will lose imo all their games against the top 3 so if we beat them they can only get 64 pts,Villa imo are out of it.So 4pts and we are laughing imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: After serious thought we may be

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:12 am

I certainly think that 2 wins likely does it - and I think that we are favourites at the weekend
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:15 am

gillie wrote:Only 4pts from CL one more loss by Scouse only gives them a maximum 65pts and Spuds will lose imo all their games against the top 3 so if we beat them they can only get 64 pts,Villa imo are out of it.So 4pts and we are laughing imo.

The way things are going at the moment i think you could be right Gillie.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:46 am

you may well be right..
still think we should go all out for 77pts and see where we end up.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:44 am

I don't realise why people seem so certain Spurs will lose their next three. Two of them are at home and I wouldn't be surprised if they came away with 4+ points. Hope you all are right tho.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:49 am

Moonchesteri wrote:I don't realise why people seem so certain Spurs will lose their next three. Two of them are at home and I wouldn't be surprised if they came away with 4+ points. Hope you all are right tho.

I am thinking 4 points, win against Arsenal, draw with Chelsea and lose against the filth. Wins against Burnley and Bolton and a loss against us. Gives them a total of 10 points, meaning we would need 7 points(dependant on GD). Win against Tottenham and Villa, draw against the hammers and everything else is gravy.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fish111 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:28 am

Moonchesteri wrote:I don't realise why people seem so certain Spurs will lose their next three. Two of them are at home and I wouldn't be surprised if they came away with 4+ points. Hope you all are right tho.

They do suprisingly well against their neighbours, especially at home, so i too am expecting them to get a minimum of 4 points against the top 3 then get a good arse kicking against us. They will need to actually beat us at our place imo to clinch 4th and i cannot see that happening the way we are playing at the moment.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:32 am

Fish111 wrote:

They do suprisingly well against their neighbours, especially at home, so i too am expecting them to get a minimum of 4 points against the top 3 then get a good arse kicking against us. They will need to actually beat us at our place imo to clinch 4th and i cannot see that happening the way we are playing at the moment.

I think I read they only beaten the gooners once at home in like 7 years or something? Somebody put it on here yesterday.. So I wouldn't go that far.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Blue in North London » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:02 am

This season, Spurs' record against the top teams (i.e. the SKY 4) is poor, so if I was a Spurs fans fan I wouldn't feel very confident. They will also be missing Palacios for the next two games. I don't rate Palacios because he cannot tackle, pass or shoot, but he does a job protecting the back 4 and adding some bite in midfield. If Huddlestone doesn't recover from his ankle injury, they will have any two of the following in midfield against Arsenal - Modric, Krancjaer and Kaboul. I cannot see them getting the ball off Arsenal, and even when Huddlestone is fit, their midfield will be overrun by Chelsea.
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am

Slim wrote:

I am thinking 4 points, win against Arsenal, draw with Chelsea and lose against the filth. Wins against Burnley and Bolton and a loss against us. Gives them a total of 10 points, meaning we would need 7 points(dependant on GD). Win against Tottenham and Villa, draw against the hammers and everything else is gravy.

I think an Arsenal victory would almost put us in the chump's league but I also think Spurs could take points off Arsenal & Chelsea. I recon the scum may throw in the towel if we beat them & Spurs could easily win there if the rags aren't motivated. Those bastards have got history for failing to beat teams when it would help us & I could see them putting a scratch side out v Spurs. We need to go out & get the points so that we're in 4th whatever they do.

They've just said on Talkshite that Van Persie may play v Spurs. Good news if true, then he'll get sent off v us.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mike J » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:47 am

the spurs/ arsenal game will be an interesting one. both are really fucking weak at the back at the moment. im praying that arsenal do the business. should be a top game.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Montgomery Burns » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:53 am

I think the big danger is running ahead of ourselves, tempting as that may be. Otherwise we run the risk of going from euphoria to despair in quick time - as we've done many times before. Just imagine us losing to United and the others all winning their midweek and weekend games - the talk will then be about will we even get into the Europa League! Such is the nature of the typical bipolar City fan!

To coin a well worn phrase we can only take one game at a time as the 'target' will probably change after each game dependent on ours and other results. Better to assume for this purpose that the others will win their games (they won't obviously but it will keep us focused) and prepare accordingly. If Arsenal get something tomorrow then great, but irrespective of this the only thing we should be tinking of is beating United on Saturday - don't look any further ahead than that at the moment; I'm pretty sure that's what Mancini will be telling the players anyway.
Montgomery Burns
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:11 am

Montgomery Burns wrote:I think the big danger is running ahead of ourselves, tempting as that may be. Otherwise we run the risk of going from euphoria to despair in quick time - as we've done many times before. Just imagine us losing to U***d and the others all winning their midweek and weekend games - the talk will then be about will we even get into the Europa League! Such is the nature of the typical bipolar City fan!

To coin a well worn phrase we can only take one game at a time as the 'target' will probably change after each game dependent on ours and other results. Better to assume for this purpose that the others will win their games (they won't obviously but it will keep us focused) and prepare accordingly. If Arsenal get something tomorrow then great, but irrespective of this the only thing we should be tinking of is beating U***d on Saturday - don't look any further ahead than that at the moment; I'm pretty sure that's what Mancini will be telling the players anyway.

Well he's been here long enough now to have learned how to say "We've got to take each game as it comes Brian".

Your 'bipolar weekend' nightmare scenario has frightened me. I've been brainwashing myself into thinking of laughing at the squirming hacks on Sky's 'Sunday Supplement' trying to find a way of slagging us after we've slaughtered the rags & stormed further up the table.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby david yearsley » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:28 am

I have rationally and impartially analysed the remaining fixtures and I still believe we will need a point in the final game - now it´s up to City to prove me wrong - PLEEEAASE!!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby Montgomery Burns » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Montgomery Burns wrote:I think the big danger is running ahead of ourselves, tempting as that may be. Otherwise we run the risk of going from euphoria to despair in quick time - as we've done many times before. Just imagine us losing to U***d and the others all winning their midweek and weekend games - the talk will then be about will we even get into the Europa League! Such is the nature of the typical bipolar City fan!

To coin a well worn phrase we can only take one game at a time as the 'target' will probably change after each game dependent on ours and other results. Better to assume for this purpose that the others will win their games (they won't obviously but it will keep us focused) and prepare accordingly. If Arsenal get something tomorrow then great, but irrespective of this the only thing we should be tinking of is beating U***d on Saturday - don't look any further ahead than that at the moment; I'm pretty sure that's what Mancini will be telling the players anyway.

Well he's been here long enough now to have learned how to say "We've got to take each game as it comes Brian".

Your 'bipolar weekend' nightmare scenario has frightened me. I've been brainwashing myself into thinking of laughing at the squirming hacks on Sky's 'Sunday Supplement' trying to find a way of slagging us after we've slaughtered the rags & stormed further up the table.

lol! Bipolar weekend - it's not even a bipolar season - it's a bipolar way of life. And they (the club) did it to us and made us like this!

The best bipolar episode had to be the Wembley final against Gillingham. 30 seconds to go and facing playing Scunny the following season yet 5 minutes later we were looking forward to world domination once David Bernstein made a couple of million available to us. Assuming we won the penalty shootout of course.... aargh! Nurse!
Montgomery Burns

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:37 am

If we get 3 points off United, I reckon we finish 4th. Not necessarily because that is the amount of points we need but because that win will inspire us to get something out of the remaining games as well.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Montgomery Burns » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:40 am

david yearsley wrote:I have rationally and impartially analysed the remaining fixtures and I still believe we will need a point in the final game - now it´s up to City to prove me wrong - PLEEEAASE!!

I'm just glad we're mathematically certain of avoiding the drop. Provided we win the odd corner here and there and there is the occasional moment of excitement (winning the half time draw for example) I'm fairly content. I don't ask for much and that is why City and me have been a perfect fit for so many years. The prospect of success frightens me! How will I cope?
Montgomery Burns

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 am

Montgomery Burns wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

lol! Bipolar weekend - it's not even a bipolar season - it's a bipolar way of life. And they (the club) did it to us and made us like this!

The best bipolar episode had to be the Wembley final against Gillingham. 30 seconds to go and facing playing Scunny the following season yet 5 minutes later we were looking forward to world domination once David Bernstein made a couple of million available to us. Assuming we won the penalty shootout of course.... aargh! Nurse!

I was dead against the playoff system & at the start of the season I was saying to people that I wanted us either up or down rather than in the playoffs: " I don't want to be stood there at Wembley on the last day, after spending a whole season in this shit league, watching some bunch of ****s dancing about at the other end while we're condemned to another year of this crap. That's all I ask City, just don't put me through it.... "

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:20 am

avoidconfusion wrote:If we get 3 points off U***d, I reckon we finish 4th. Not necessarily because that is the amount of points we need but because that win will inspire us to get something out of the remaining games as well.

I agree I think if we can beat the rags at home all it would take is spurs to lose one of those top 3 games and I think its pretty much done for us as we should cruise it however this is City.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:02 pm

i can understand a lot of the concerns here.. being old enough etc.
But there is a big difference from City past and City present. Mancini is study of 1 game at a time approach. We got burnt twice by Everton and you know well that that hurt and will be large in Bobby's memory.
I think if we had reverted to type we would have done it against Brum last weekend. We are finally getting some momentum and even if we slipped up or got robbed by the rags, it wouldn't change that much imo, we would still bounce back.
Would be more of a shame to let them off the hook and allow them to keep dreaming.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum