The Appalling Sunday Supplement

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Appalling Sunday Supplement

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
dazby wrote:So what you are doing essentially is giving the show what it needs: controversy and ratings. It was mentioned earlier in the thread: win something and most of their arguments dry up.

Exactly right

no exactly wrong - their arguments will never dry up - have you learned nothing?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:05 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
dazby wrote:So what you are doing essentially is giving the show what it needs: controversy and ratings. It was mentioned earlier in the thread: win something and most of their arguments dry up.

Exactly right

no exactly wrong - their arguments will never dry up - have you learned nothing?

Think you'll find they will. Been up the same road with Chelsea. There's two kinds of hate, the jealousy kind as in us and Chelsea, and there's "theyr'e a nasty bunch of cnuts" kind, as in Leeds. We're just new money upsetting the status quo plus at the moment they've no one to patronise which has been our role for the last 30 years. As soon as we are regularly winning things we'll be the media darlings. Leeds on the other hand!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:22 pm

patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Exactly right

Think you'll find they will. Been up the same road with Chelsea. There's two kinds of hate, the jealousy kind as in us and Chelsea, and there's "theyr'e a nasty bunch of cnuts" kind, as in Leeds. We're just new money upsetting the status quo plus at the moment they've no one to patronise which has been our role for the last 30 years. As soon as we are regularly winning things we'll be the media darlings. Leeds on the other hand!

hope you're right
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Maybe I am just too used to their vitriol being OTT - thought the comments were more balanced today
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:55 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Maybe I am just too used to their vitriol being OTT - thought the comments were more balanced today

I thought the same, Holt nearly mentioned that we were going places. However, I still can't stand that Toad Faced twat, he reminds me of Jabba the Hut!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby irblinx » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Maybe I am just too used to their vitriol being OTT - thought the comments were more balanced today

I thought the same, Holt nearly mentioned that we were going places. However, I still can't stand that Toad Faced twat, he reminds me of Jabba the Hut!

Holt has been the only one to consistently say we are going places, unfortunately he usually follows it us with a rant about Hughes' sacking. Didn't watch today as I just can't be arsed listening to the constant shite any more
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Had to laugh about them going on about Modric, I never noticed him yesterday but apparently he was man of the match. Must have missed him while watching Hart, Kompany, Bale, or the Toure brothers.
Also found it funny when that muppet Holt said Mancini signed Adebayor and that he could be trouble, does he not remember that it was his mate Hughes who signed him and the persistent trouble maker Bellamy
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:53 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
dazby wrote:Seriously Johnny, there's not a great deal wrong with what they've said. If I was on that show and we were talking about say Liverpool doing what we are, I'd be into them big time.

They don't have to suck our dick. It would be nice if they did but they are not obliged to do so.

You've been away too long my friend. Not a lot right is how I'd put it. Here are a few quotes from our brothers in the other place after I posted the same clip there ...

schfc6 wrote:As I watched this I was aghast at what I was watching.
There are so many points that are wrong and not argued fairly on a TV show that is supposed to be neutral.
First of all, it's hosted and participated in by people who more often than not get things very very wrong.
They then go on to slate players we have yet to signed, compare an immensely talented and yes trouble player to a money hungry fame orientated coke head, in the meantime not taking the opportunity to raise the issue of vast racism in Italy. Claim that there has been no research done in an attempt to sign a player that MANCINI coached for 3 years! Then Milner is not a player suitable to take a team to that extra level, yet complain that we priced Chelsea out of the market??
I guarantee that non of these clowns has seen Kolarov play more than 10 games, and claim that our 4 signings have come as a scatter gun approach? Boateng heavily scouted and picked up quickly without much media attention or fuss, Silva is a proven player with undoubted quality, a difference maker that we badly needed in lots of games last year. Ya Ya, where do I start, they make up his wages, and no nothing about him, compare him to De Jong, you only have to watch him play for 10 minutes to see that he's so much different.
Suggest Adebayor is surplus to requirements, despite the club not only saying he is very much not for sale, and they completely ignore the fact that Adebayor has been given the no. 9 shirt!
The squad is no bigger than any top four side, and if we sign Milner that will be 8 current or capped England players in the 25 man squad, no other side can come close to that!
Hughes won 1 in 12 or something similar, would Ancelotti still be in a job if that happened, Jesus hull sacked Brown for less!
I can't be bothered to type anymore, but there is so much wrong with that TV clip it's a joke!
I actually emailed into sky about this, complaining about a forum that can just create their own script with no grounds or proof and voice almost libelous opinions on a Sunday morning TV show!
I've not heard that much twaddle on a Sunday since I last went to church!

SilvaLining wrote:A number of things on this just betray the biased, incompetent football journalism in this country.

1. Milner is now a 'good, solid midfielder'. Pretty sure about 6 months ago the press couldn't get enough of him. Can guarantee if he went to the rags he would be classed as something like a 'midfield dynamo'. Also, complete lack of knowledge in the areas we need to strengthen ie energy in our midfield, which we seem to lack atm.

2. The whole dissection and condemnation of Balotelli before he's even made his transfer. Mourinho isnt a God. Hes a quality manager yes, but he makes mistakes and has a reputation for favouring functional, solid, consistent players who work hard (maybe he should be interested in Milner according to the rules of this lot!). Point is, Mourinho was never going to like Balotelli, much as he never liked Ibrahimovic, being as they are precocious, mercurial talents who are brilliant, yet dont fit in with the Mourinho mould. As well as this, they complete ignore the entire context of Balotelli's race and the problems that come with it, that are possibly a factor in his temperament in Italy and the desire of his club to let him go etc. These are the reasons why Mourinho didnt like him and Inter want him to go. Just because Mourinho doesnt like a player, doesnt mean he is definitely shit or problematic you Chelsea twats!

3. Comparing Mutu to Balotelli. Yeah Balotelli has loads in common with a (then) 26 year old Romanian coke addict.

4. Apparently there's no thought process for City buying players. We just go for anyone who's good apparently. So why then are we not in for Ozil, Khedira (pre-Madrid), Sneijder, Higuain, Mertesacker, Bastos, Fabiano etc etc, the list goes on? And why have we bought Boateng (who we pretty much had before he was epic at the WC), Yaya (who hardly played for Barca last season, yet was still quality), Silva (doesn't get in te Spanish first team, but proven quality), Kolarov (Virtual unknown not even 6 months ago) and possibly Milner (good season last season, but some drive we need) and Balotelli (risky, but a talent)? If we were adopting a scattergun approach with no thought process, we wouldn't have bought players like these. We clearly have a plan in mind with tranfers, we buy what we need and we spend for it.

5. 160k net is too much, ruining football, alienating fans etc, but 100-120 k net a la Rooney, Lampard, Terry etc is perfectly acceptble and not disgusting to the general public? Ok then, I'd forgotten that an extra 30k a week when it gets up to those figures makes ALL the difference...

6. Richads won't get a look in? Yeah that's why he's been one of our better players pre season, guaranteed to be in the 25 man squad and is definitely not getting tranfered.

7. Apparently it's all meaningless unless after all of our spending we have something to show for it. True, but its been what, 2 seasons? And after failing to win the Champions League/Prem 3 seasons after we finished mid-table is failure apparently. How long did it take Ferguson, Wenger, hell even Houllier to win something after spending vast amounts? And how long did it take Chelsea to win the Champs League? Oh wait...

As you lot can tell, this video has REALLY pissed me off. It captures in 8 minutes all of the misconceptions, bias and downright lies spun about us by the media. Lets see all your faces in about 3 seasons time when we're dominating.

this sums it up for me though

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader wrote:I understand that a lot of people in the meedya don't go in for reasoned argument, just the incessant repetition of an opinion, but what I have difficulty with is getting my head round the fact that for as long as I have been watching football, no team other than MCFC over the past two seasons has come in for such criticism. In the days of WimbledonFC kickin' the ball as far as they could, no organised reaction to their 'style' was ever orchestrated across the dailies, and, though we didn't have the plethora of opinion-based, phone-in radio shows, there was never the constant anti-club tirades against the likes of Don Revie's Leeds, or Docherty's MANUre. If it's not a constant undermining of Mancini, it's the excessive wage that the players are on, and the unfettered joy when we lose a point or go down to teams we should beat, or it's Garry Cook's gaffes. We even had the BBC, was it, repeated by that idiot Wilson in The Observer, that no supporter knew that a woman was in at the beginning of the club. We have been marked out in this day and age of instant, 25hr/day information that we are the devil incarnate. And yet it's the darlings camped outside the City boundary who are the devil's disciples.

sorry, i cant be arsed reading all that sunshine x
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:59 pm

You're right john, there's more important stuff a happenin' right now!!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:05 pm

johnny crossan wrote:You're right john, there's more important stuff a happenin' right now!!

Yes there is
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:53 am

To be honest, a lot of what they said has been said on this very forum. And as far as I know Richardson has Blue leanings.
However, although I know it's nothing new, what a twat merson was on Soccer special yesterday. What an utter cunt.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum